Bank of America Summer Technology Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Bank of America

2.5

Technology Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Was considered for a technology summer intern role in two teams within Bank of America. I was shortlisted via the University career website and shortly thereafter two in person interviews were scheduled at the career center.
Both the interviews were entirely non-technical in nature and lasted about 30 mins each. Questions were based one resume and previous experience. I was very firm on my inclination to work on a Data Science project and I feel this was the reason for me not being selected.

Interview Questions

• Based on you profile and interests, why not apply to a more tech oriented company like google.   1 Answer
  • But if Google were to make you an offer would you accept it?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Technology Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Submit resume in university recruiting event, offered campus Interview the next day. Then received an email offering an on-site interview in New York after one or two weeks. The entire interview process is pretty behavioral based with general coding questions.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral-based questions: what's your strategy in approaching the social event we had yesterday's night.   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

I received an interview opportunity through my college career center. The first interview was behavioral and technical, after explaining some projects on my resume I was asked to write a function that takes in an integer and returns the sum of all its digits. The second round interview consisted of 3 interviews, two of them being back-to-back. The first interview was technical, the second was behavioral (talking about my projects), and the third was technical, but I was asked software engineering questions (how to gather requirements). I received an offer very quickly, about 3 hours after finishing the end of the interview day.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that takes in an integer and returns the sum of all its digits   Answer Question
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

BofA had come to college for on-campus recruitment. Extremely mismanaged by BofA. The first interviewer was supposed to come to college for the interview, but cancelled and scheduled a phone interview at the last moment. Questions were pretty basic in the phone interview. Called for an on-site interview later on for three rounds of interview. The interview took place around 2 months ago and was put on wait-list(not rejected/accepted). This wait-list hasn't been resolved yet and the HR coordinator doesn't reply to the mails either!

Interview Questions

• Phone interview:
           Basic Java Questions
           Difference between equals and ==
           Difference between final/finally/finalize
           How to resolve collision in Hashmap?
           Which functions of object class should one overwrite if a class is to be used as a Key or Value in a HashMap?
           Basic SQL questions
           One brain teaser : something about a rabbit climbing 100 stairs and having the option of moving one or two stairs at a time. How many different ways exist for the rabbit to reach the 100th stair from the 0th floor?

On-site interview:
           Algorithms
           Reverse a number
           Stressed a lot on C++ even after I had specified that I am purely a Java Developer.
           SQL questions
           Agile questions
           Discussion on undergrad project
           How do you like New York?
           Hibernate questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hopewell, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (Hopewell, NJ) in February 2010.

Interview

One phone interview with very simple technical questions regarding object-oriented programming

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between for-while loops, what are the 5 phases of design?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They gave me an offer over e-mail

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America in October 2016.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. One is on my college campus, one on the phone. Both contained behavioral and technical questions. The first round was a interview with one current engineer. The second round was two back-to-back phone interviews with two team managers.

Interview Questions

• What are the principles of Object Oriented Programming?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Piscataway, NJ) in November 2017.

Interview

One 30 minutes on campus interview and one final round of phone interviews 2 weeks later with two people. Relaxed, not too technical, more focused on work and project experience. Decision immediately after the final round.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online through the Bank of America website. A few days later, I went to a career fair and got an interview time slot. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and was mostly behavioral but a little technical. After that, I got called for an interview in New York where I had two interviews, half behavioral and half technical. A few days after, I was called with an offer which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• You have 8 marbles. 7 are same weight, 1 is heavier. With a balance scale, tell me how you would find the heavy marble in the least amount of steps.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

There were two interviews, one behavioral and one technical, that lasted 30 minutes each. They were unrelated, as the process is that you're assigned two random teams within the company, and the heads of each team come to speak to you about what they do and ask why you'd be good for that specific team. Some people got 2 technical, others got 2 behavioral, it's just the luck of the draw.

Interview Questions

• What are hash tables, what are tuples... other data structures. Some brain teasers.   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and had a 30 min interview. All questions were behavioral and asked me to describe my projects, experience with working on a team. Never heard back about whether I pass to the next round or whether I am rejected.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when your team members depended on you.   Answer Question