Bank of America Teller Interview Questions

Updated Feb 5, 2016

2.6

Teller Interview

Interview

2 face to face interviews plus a phone interview which seemed like a lot for a $12 per hour job. The first interview is a group, the second at the branch. You are expected to wear a full suit and to show up on short notice. There is nothing more to say about this. Seriously I can't think of anything else

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Was contacted by phone recruiter. Took about 20 min and then was set up for an in person interview with branch manager. Went to west Sacramento location and was told that manager was on vacation and to speak with assistant manager. Have interview with a very rude employee who seemed to only ask about the negatives of my previous work experience. Cut me off very frequently and had a false sense of superiority. Was told at the end of the interview that other tellers with more work experience were being more considered than I was. What interviewer relays this to anyone participating in a job interview? Then told that I would receive a reply through email later that week. Week and half passed and called to inquire. Was told that I would receive an email sometime later. Still not received.

Interview Questions

• What kind of sales goals did you have to achieve in the previous job?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone call from recruiter who set me up with an interview with a branch manager. The manager was very rude and was 20 minutes late for the interview. He didn't ask a lot of questions but was mostly concern about my previous job experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and why you want to work for BoA   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Portland, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

they asked many questions,there was role playing also.i had to sell a pencil to demonstrate by customer service skills, manager was very polite, wanted to know all about your past experience.they were looking for someone with high energy. 2 people took the interview. they gave feedback too ,like how you performed.

Interview Questions

• how would you handle a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of America in January 2016.

Interview

Very comfortable interview, you should definitely do some research before going. They look for people who wants career advancement and make sure come with questions to the interview. Interviewer made the interview very comfortable and fun felt like we were just having an easy conversation. Lasted around 30 minutes, would of been 20 minutes but I asked a lot of questions.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

You get a call from their recruiter located in Charlotte, NC. They set up your group interview. If you are selected after your group interview, you interview with the Banking Center Manager, you are golden once you pass that

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

very easy straight forward interview. Did a phone interview...was scheduled for face to face interview. Interview was more like a conversation...the lady was so sweet and made you feel comfortable...lasted maybe 20 mins.

Interview Questions

• Why BOA? Have you ever sold an item to someone who didn't need it? What do you think a teller does....   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

The interview was a group interview style. It was interesting because you had to describe situations and go through how you would react to customers and clientele in front of everyone else. It really puts you on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

I got called a few days after the application test for a phone interview. Very basic questions. They scheduled me for an interview with the branch and I met with the manager. Very pleasant and easy. Due to competition, I wasn't selected.

Anonymous Employee in Petaluma, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Petaluma, CA).

Interview

Process has since changed. But it use to be you would apply and if u got a phone call you wanted to nail that (just sound excited and customer service focused) because that's ur ticket in. Then u do the personality test, the the phone interview and the manager interview

Interview Questions

• Took a survey, had phone interview and then in person interview   1 Answer