Bank of America Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 19, 2017

2.6

577 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Hialeah, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Hialeah, FL).

Interview

Application followed by a group interview, if selected then you receive an assessment to take. If you pass you can begin to interview at branches. If selected then you must go through finger printing and background check.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had a hard situation with a customer and what did you do to fix it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Brief phone interview with HR who asked basic questions about my background in customer service and interest in the company then I was invited to meet with the branch manager.

Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Lynnwood, WA).

Interview

Potential employees can expect a fairly straightforward interview process consisting of a group panel interview, in which a skills test and a personality test are given. A standard interview question might include, "Tell me about a time when you had to work as part of a team." Potential employees can apply online or in person. Applicants who are offered positions can expect to submit to a background check.

Interview Questions

• tell us about yourself?   1 Answer
    • How would you rate your previous employer?   1 Answer
    • how would your former employer rate you ?   1 Answer
    • How would you describe the work environment that you would ]like to work in   1 Answer
    • What are the values that you believe in ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arcadia, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Arcadia, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

At first a recruiter called to discuss about the position and salary with me. He asked when will be my availability to come in for a face-to-face interview with the branch manager. I took the opportunity and was scheduled to do it the next day. I came in 15 mins ealier to give a great impression. The interview was easy as long as you prepared for it. Also, it was very chill and I got to laugh with both of the interviewers. They asked about my schedule and If I am also willing to work on the weekends. I am now just waiting for them to give me a call to see if I got the job.

PS: Always answer all the questions with positivity. no matter how much you hated your previous jobs, just always stay positive with your answers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and why you want to join banking?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about the time you handled a difficult customer, and what was the outcome?   1 Answer
    • How is your cash handling experience?   1 Answer
    • Leadership   1 Answer
    • When you tried offering a customer a card and she said no, how'd you handle it?   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

You start with an online application, then you have to pass the online virtual simulator, then get called for phone interview with recruiter if you pass the application and simulator, then if the interview with the recruiter goes well, you finish with a one-on-one interview with financial center manager

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America in April 2017.

Interview

The process was: Applied online-Phone recruiter interview-Interview with manager at BoA branch-Call from phone recruiter offering job after that I had to do background check, fingerprints, proof that I can work here.

Interview Questions

• From what I remember they asked me
      -Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      -How did you handle an upset customer?
      -One role play scenario
      *they read off a script for interview questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

I talked with HR three days after I submitted my application, had a phone interview with the bank manager, and then another with a regional manager. I was hired in less than 3 week

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to come into banking when you have no previous experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (San Jose, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

apply only and pass the assessment then they will call you discuss about hours and rate, then will have an in-person interview at the branch, after that will go through some paperwork

Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of America (San Leandro, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and did assessment same day. 3 days later got called by manager at bank to come in for interview next day. Next day interviewed with manager and assistant manager about 30 minutes asked to tell about myself and did one role play. Asked about their product and interviewer was impressed with my answers and curious did i bank there which i did. At the end overall just wanted to know my availabillity and 5 days later got offer

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in next 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Orlando, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Recruiter interviewed first in phone . General discussion about bacground, why to change job, hours, last company review , manager name and his views on me, my availablity, salary, benefits.
    Asked about previous experience.

Interview Questions

• Role play to sell pop ups.
      Policy change.