Bank of America Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bank of America Teller Interview Questions

Updated May 8, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

It was an Open House, we were interviewing by branch manager according position we were applying. No experience in banking was required, and if you do not have experience in banking it is difficult to respond answer as a banker.

Interview Questions

• Role playing interview, Interviewer was the customer and I was the teller, and she was trying to do a deposit.   Answer Question
  • Mission statement Bank Of America   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Sarasota, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process at BOA revolves around role playing. They will ask you some very tough questions and you have to think quickly and sound intelligent and confident. Their emphasis is totally on sales and they are looking for your ability to be able to move the customer over to a banker.

Interview Questions

• How would you peak someone's interest in a credit card? And you have to role play your answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hendersonville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (Hendersonville, NC).

Interview

Worst interview ever. The woman interviewing me said, "I'm going to tell you what it's really like working for Bank of America." She also spoke poorly of others who interviewed for the job. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

In the end I had to email their corporate office asking them to please stop calling me about the job offer as I was no longer interested. Everyone I spoke to was extremely rude and I wouldn't take my business there if they were the last bank on earth, let alone work there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Was contacted by phone recruiter. Took about 20 min and then was set up for an in person interview with branch manager. Went to west Sacramento location and was told that manager was on vacation and to speak with assistant manager. Have interview with a very rude employee who seemed to only ask about the negatives of my previous work experience. Cut me off very frequently and had a false sense of superiority. Was told at the end of the interview that other tellers with more work experience were being more considered than I was. What interviewer relays this to anyone participating in a job interview? Then told that I would receive a reply through email later that week. Week and half passed and called to inquire. Was told that I would receive an email sometime later. Still not received.

Interview Questions

• What kind of sales goals did you have to achieve in the previous job?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of America in August 2015.

Interview

I applied on line for multiple positions so I don't know which one brought me to the interview. I was sent an email for an open house and group interview. Arrived on time and there were already several candidates waiting at a waiting area. Soon it became over crowded.. the lady showed up and led us to the room where the interviews were supposed to happen, after signing up a sheet of paper and handing over our resume, we waited for almost an hour for the interviewer crew, yes.. THE INTERVIEWER CREW WAS LATE. I honestly have never seen such a desorganized interview process. There were about 35 candidates and they only divided us into 2 big groups. The questions were not clear and objective, they were long questions that sounded like a rambling speech that by the end we were not able to even understand what exactly he wanted to know.
    Our interviewer didn't put any effort on trying to make us feel comfortable with the process, didn't make eye contact whatsoever, instead he would only write notes and that made me feel like I was talking to myself. He kept a frowned face for almost the entire interview. His assistant, another BoA staff, on the other hand seemed so much more friendly, I bet it would've been a better experience if she would've handled it.
    Another point was that they did a horrible job on dividing the group, idk what they based the division on, but our group had mostly tellers candidates and some manager.. CRM, Sales Manager... which at the time of the answers made all of us feel so uncomfortable when those people with major experience in banking, came up with incredible stories about how they handled a financial transaction evolving a high amount of money and right after someone who had only worked at some local store would come up with a humble and much simple situation, I felt bad for all of us. BoA has been the bank where I've been banking for several years but I honestly didn't feel proud of being a part of it; either passive or active.So disappointed!

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Didn't get the job, process quick. Two phone interviews basic math skills tested have nothing else to say..............................Be prepared, ask questions, go to site as customer before you accept offer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America in January 2012.

Interview

Extremely long over complicated process , first applied online received a phone call next day,scheduled interview for 2 weeks later (first available), then did group panel interview which lasted 2 hours, then was called with an offer 1 week later. A week later received fingerprint instructions, then a week later they finally ran my background. Then gave me a date to take my identification into the branch.

Interview Questions

Due to the extremely rude treatment from the Mgr and A.Mgr at the branch location when I submitted my paperwork; and going through 1.5 hours of unpaid training, seeing them send away clients with money because their lunch date was waiting. I did not want to work in such an unprofessional setting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and after about two weeks I received a phone call to schedule a phone interview. the phone interview was pretty easy. they just ask you about your resume and what did you learn from your past experience. After I finished from the phone interview, they immediately schedule me for in person interview with the branch manager. it was pretty difficult.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Gables, FL

Interview

Initially had a phone interview which was not too difficult, then had an in person interview with the manager of the Bank at the location. They asked situational questions that are somewhat difficult to answer without preparing. They really concentrate on customer service and how you handle customers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had an unruly customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Evanston, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Quite a long multi-layered process. You apply online, where recruiters will review your application and recommend to the branch manager. Then you meet the Branch manager and assistant manager, who proceed to an interview. If they like you, they recommend you to the HR department, that will conduct background checks and the rest of the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had trouble at work and how did you handle it?   Answer Question