Bank of America Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bank of America Teller Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Detroit, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

Background check and personal relations drive; was asked some behavioral questions on how I managed conflict, mistakes and stressed clients...
The person was very friendly and receptive to my answers. As this was my first job interview I was not sure about my performance

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you managed conflict with a client?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Bethesda, MD) in December 2016.

Interview

You have to take a long assessment on the computer. If you pass, someone will contact you for a phone interview. After phone interview, you will be contacted to attend a group interview. Yes a group interview! Then you will have another intervew with your potential branch manager. Too much steps for a low paying job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Bank of America?
      How do you handle stress?
      Explain a time you had to deal with a rude customer. What did you do?
      If you see a employee taking one dollar, would you report it?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Cambridge, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

It was very organized and was selected by the positions, I mean, a small group of 2 or 3 person that was competing to the same position were called to interview by the specialist.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult situation you were in you past experience with a costumer or co-worker and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

It was an Open House, we were interviewing by branch manager according position we were applying. No experience in banking was required, and if you do not have experience in banking it is difficult to respond answer as a banker.

Interview Questions

• Role playing interview, Interviewer was the customer and I was the teller, and she was trying to do a deposit.   Answer Question
    • Mission statement Bank Of America   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and after about two weeks I received a phone call to schedule a phone interview. the phone interview was pretty easy. they just ask you about your resume and what did you learn from your past experience. After I finished from the phone interview, they immediately schedule me for in person interview with the branch manager. it was pretty difficult.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Phone interview then group interview the in person interview. The process is cumbersome and it can a few weeks to hear back. The recruiters can be hard to get a hold of in terms of next steps

Anonymous Employee in Hendersonville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (Hendersonville, NC).

Interview

Worst interview ever. The woman interviewing me said, "I'm going to tell you what it's really like working for Bank of America." She also spoke poorly of others who interviewed for the job. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

In the end I had to email their corporate office asking them to please stop calling me about the job offer as I was no longer interested. Everyone I spoke to was extremely rude and I wouldn't take my business there if they were the last bank on earth, let alone work there.

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (San Ramon, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview went really well. I was contacted by a recruiter than scheduled an interview to meet with the Financial Services Manager at the branch id be working at. The interview was really chill and laid back talked a lot about the company and my previous employment. Got a call from the recruiter three days later with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered me 15 because I had previous teller experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bank of America (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Started with an online application, followed by 60-90 minutes online assessment. The assessment included a personality questionnaire, as well as practice scenarios with multiple choice responses. Must use critical thinking to narrow down the best and worst of four options, and later on there is a recall test on details of certain customer scenarios.

Following the online application and assessment, invited to a sit down 1:1 interview. Mostly Q&A with a role-play scenario.

Interview Questions

• Role-play of customer bringing in a deposit. Need to count the bills to verify deposit amount while maintaining conversation.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you had to say "no" in the workplace. How did you handle the situation and what were the ripple effects afterwards?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Behavioral interview and STAR questions. They would ask common questions and you would answer with a situation and what actions you took and how you got the results. Interviewer was very friendly. Second interview was more relaxing. For example, tell me about a time when you went above and beyond your expected duties.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when you went above and beyond your expected duties.   Answer Question