Bank of America Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 9, 2017

2.6

570 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Teller Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Behavioral interview and STAR questions. They would ask common questions and you would answer with a situation and what actions you took and how you got the results. Interviewer was very friendly. Second interview was more relaxing. For example, tell me about a time when you went above and beyond your expected duties.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when you went above and beyond your expected duties.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

I got phone call interviw at first and then I was scheduled to have a personal interview with branch managers. It went well and I received the job offer a week later.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (San Jose, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I got a call from a recruiter who gave me a short inverview and them asked me to fill out paperwork. After that she gave me a call and set up an interview with the Branch Manager. The Branch Manager was very nice.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

First it was a phone interview which was a little rushed and didn't seem like the person interviewing me cared too much about me as a person until perhaps the in-person interview. They just went on to say oh I think the branch manager would like you and doesn't go on too much about how I am as a person or if I was a good fit but more rather they needed another machine to fill the empty slot soon.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Gables, FL

Interview

Initially had a phone interview which was not too difficult, then had an in person interview with the manager of the Bank at the location. They asked situational questions that are somewhat difficult to answer without preparing. They really concentrate on customer service and how you handle customers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had an unruly customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Oswego, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Lake Oswego, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online, if they like you, you get an application to go through banking things, recruiter called and had a mini phone interview basically and set up kin person interview, then went to interview and was interviewed by branch manager and assistant and it went for just under an hour

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you experienced an unhappy customer and what ways did you go about solving their problem   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (Brooklyn, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online and took an assessment. Got an email a few days later inviting me to an open house they were having. They were hiring for several branches, and we interviewed with the manager of the branches that we applied to. I was asked about my experience with a having a sales goal and telling people about products. I was also asked some behavioral questions. It was an okay interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you've had a difficult customer and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

very easy. Interview with recruiter over the phone and was given the job automatically. Then was sent to the branch i would be working at. I met everyone, and of course they seemed nice at first.

Anonymous Employee in Petaluma, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Petaluma, CA).

Interview

Very simple and straightforward. Focuses on sales experience and ability to cross-sell accounts. The interview was done in person with the assistant manager and senior lead teller. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. Dress professional, know the services that Bank of America offers.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have selling accounts or services?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Submitted my application then got call to make reservation for phone interview. Basically just walked through my resume, all of my jobs, my experience, what i did in that position and why i leave....eventually I failed it cos my cashier experience not reaching 6 months enough (mine was 5 months, leave because of personal reasons). She told me when i have this long experience then apply again.

Interview Questions

• - how do you know about this opportunity?
      - tell me about what you think is a teller?
      - tell me about your jobs, what you do, some experience, why you leave.....go through all my previous jobs   Answer Question