Bank of America Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 13, 2017

2.6

572 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Submitted my application then got call to make reservation for phone interview. Basically just walked through my resume, all of my jobs, my experience, what i did in that position and why i leave....eventually I failed it cos my cashier experience not reaching 6 months enough (mine was 5 months, leave because of personal reasons). She told me when i have this long experience then apply again.

Interview Questions

• - how do you know about this opportunity?
    - tell me about what you think is a teller?
    - tell me about your jobs, what you do, some experience, why you leave.....go through all my previous jobs   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America in June 2016.

Interview

It was very brief, comfortable, and easy. Manager very friendly and made the interview process great. They asked general questions, about your experience, skills, and education. The interview process literally lasted about 30 mins

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview(Friday) with a recruiter, lasted about 5 minutes, she was really nice and didn't talk much about the position, just our kids :) she then scheduled a 1:1 interview with the bank manager(Tuesday) and got offered the position. Saw other people get offers for less for a PT position, I guess it depends on where, I got offered 14.5

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

there are two interviews. A group interview and then a one on one with the manager at the location. The first one was in Hunt Valley at the corporate building.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult time you had when dealing with customers or group members. Do you enjoy working with groups, How do you handle stress, etc   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Interview

2 face to face interviews plus a phone interview which seemed like a lot for a $12 per hour job. The first interview is a group, the second at the branch. You are expected to wear a full suit and to show up on short notice. There is nothing more to say about this. Seriously I can't think of anything else

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

first I applied online and if you meet the minimum requirements you immediately get an assessment. a couple of days later i got a phone interview did great on the phone interview the HR recruiter herself betty ann said she would put exceptional candidate on my application because she was so impressed with my phone interview a week later I had a interview at a branch with a branch manager and her assistant, did a good job the interview was about 20 minutes and she immediately after giving me advice and telling me all of my good qualities sent me to a second interview with another branch manager in walking distance I walk about 10 minutes in the rain downtown to the next location and had an interview with 2 guys they were higher up than just a branch manager and after the interview was over they said the recruiter will be in contact it been about 8 business day and I haven't heard anything I emailed the bettyann to get an update on a decision and her reply was "kaitlyn (the branch manager who is in charge of hiring ) is not in the office... what the hell does that have to do with a decision being made she not on vacation. if the decision has already been made that i would not be hired I feel as though you should relay that message just as if I did get the job because I'm planning my school schedule and other jobs around this job to be available they're just giving me the run around im a finance major i don't think I'll ever want to work for or even interview with this company again

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of America in January 2016.

Interview

Very comfortable interview, you should definitely do some research before going. They look for people who wants career advancement and make sure come with questions to the interview. Interviewer made the interview very comfortable and fun felt like we were just having an easy conversation. Lasted around 30 minutes, would of been 20 minutes but I asked a lot of questions.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone call from recruiter who set me up with an interview with a branch manager. The manager was very rude and was 20 minutes late for the interview. He didn't ask a lot of questions but was mostly concern about my previous job experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and why you want to work for BoA   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Was contacted by phone recruiter. Took about 20 min and then was set up for an in person interview with branch manager. Went to west Sacramento location and was told that manager was on vacation and to speak with assistant manager. Have interview with a very rude employee who seemed to only ask about the negatives of my previous work experience. Cut me off very frequently and had a false sense of superiority. Was told at the end of the interview that other tellers with more work experience were being more considered than I was. What interviewer relays this to anyone participating in a job interview? Then told that I would receive a reply through email later that week. Week and half passed and called to inquire. Was told that I would receive an email sometime later. Still not received.

Interview Questions

• What kind of sales goals did you have to achieve in the previous job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Portland, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

they asked many questions,there was role playing also.i had to sell a pencil to demonstrate by customer service skills, manager was very polite, wanted to know all about your past experience.they were looking for someone with high energy.
    2 people took the interview. they gave feedback too ,like how you performed.

Interview Questions

• how would you handle a difficult customer?   1 Answer