Bank of America Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 8, 2017

2.6

576 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Was contacted by phone recruiter. Took about 20 min and then was set up for an in person interview with branch manager. Went to west Sacramento location and was told that manager was on vacation and to speak with assistant manager. Have interview with a very rude employee who seemed to only ask about the negatives of my previous work experience. Cut me off very frequently and had a false sense of superiority. Was told at the end of the interview that other tellers with more work experience were being more considered than I was. What interviewer relays this to anyone participating in a job interview? Then told that I would receive a reply through email later that week. Week and half passed and called to inquire. Was told that I would receive an email sometime later. Still not received.

Interview Questions

• What kind of sales goals did you have to achieve in the previous job?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Portland, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

they asked many questions,there was role playing also.i had to sell a pencil to demonstrate by customer service skills, manager was very polite, wanted to know all about your past experience.they were looking for someone with high energy.
    2 people took the interview. they gave feedback too ,like how you performed.

Interview Questions

• how would you handle a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume, got a phone interview and an interview with the hiring manager. They asked me basic questions about the job that I was applying for. After the interview, I got a call a couple days later and they made me an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

You get a call from their recruiter located in Charlotte, NC. They set up your group interview. If you are selected after your group interview, you interview with the Banking Center Manager, you are golden once you pass that

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

very easy straight forward interview. Did a phone interview...was scheduled for face to face interview. Interview was more like a conversation...the lady was so sweet and made you feel comfortable...lasted maybe 20 mins.

Interview Questions

• Why BOA? Have you ever sold an item to someone who didn't need it? What do you think a teller does....   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

The interview was a group interview style. It was interesting because you had to describe situations and go through how you would react to customers and clientele in front of everyone else. It really puts you on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

I got called a few days after the application test for a phone interview. Very basic questions. They scheduled me for an interview with the branch and I met with the manager. Very pleasant and easy. Due to competition, I wasn't selected.

Anonymous Employee in Petaluma, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Petaluma, CA).

Interview

Process has since changed. But it use to be you would apply and if u got a phone call you wanted to nail that (just sound excited and customer service focused) because that's ur ticket in. Then u do the personality test, the the phone interview and the manager interview

Interview Questions

• Took a survey, had phone interview and then in person interview   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Went for the interview in the Branch. Very simple. Asked me about previous jobs and role played. He talked more than I did. He explained the job too.Told me the recruiter would get back to me when he made his decision and I would then know all the details.

Interview Questions

• How is this job related to your previous work experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Santa Barbara, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I pretty much already knew the manager at the branch that I applied for by being a well recognized and frequent customer. However, it all started off by me applying online. Then I received an email informing me to complete their teller assessment within a two day gap. If you pass the assessment the recruiter will contact you with a phone interview. It is a very short phone interview as they ask you about your work experience. After the phone interview they schedule an interview with the branch manager. If the bank manager is a reliable and well-reputed BoA employee then his/her word is the final say whether you get the job or not. in my case, I got the job only 3 hours after getting interviewed by my manager. Afterwords, they do a back ground check and a fingerprint scanning. They ask you for further documents and once your set your first two weeks in the bank involve online training. after the training is complete you are ready to be in the teller line.

Interview Questions

• have you ever tried to sell a product to a customer that did not need it? I also got, tell me about an instance where you sold a product to a customer that benefited them, and in what way?   Answer Question