Bank of America Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bank of America Teller Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Went for the interview in the Branch. Very simple. Asked me about previous jobs and role played. He talked more than I did. He explained the job too.Told me the recruiter would get back to me when he made his decision and I would then know all the details.

Interview Questions

• How is this job related to your previous work experience?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Santa Barbara, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I pretty much already knew the manager at the branch that I applied for by being a well recognized and frequent customer. However, it all started off by me applying online. Then I received an email informing me to complete their teller assessment within a two day gap. If you pass the assessment the recruiter will contact you with a phone interview. It is a very short phone interview as they ask you about your work experience. After the phone interview they schedule an interview with the branch manager. If the bank manager is a reliable and well-reputed BoA employee then his/her word is the final say whether you get the job or not. in my case, I got the job only 3 hours after getting interviewed by my manager. Afterwords, they do a back ground check and a fingerprint scanning. They ask you for further documents and once your set your first two weeks in the bank involve online training. after the training is complete you are ready to be in the teller line.

Interview Questions

• have you ever tried to sell a product to a customer that did not need it? I also got, tell me about an instance where you sold a product to a customer that benefited them, and in what way?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Syracuse, NY).

Interview

It started with a phone interview, then there was a group interview where there were a lot of candidates and the interviewers give each of us a pencil and told us each to convince others why they should purchase this despite the rebuttals. After i had a one to one interview with the branch manager who asked typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• How will you deal with an irate customer?   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

I did an application online that also required me to email in my resume. I was emailed back saying I've made it to the next step and they required me to take an online assessment that takes an hour and a half. I got another email a few days after that and it said they were going to do a phone interview with me the next day. The next day came and they called and just asked basic questions about my experience and availability. During the phone interview they set up a time with me to do an in person interview. I went in a few days later for my interview. Got interviewed by the assistant manager first and then he left and I got interviewed my the manager. Takes 3-7 business days for them to get back to you.

Interview Questions

• Sell me a credit card.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • What was your favorite and least favorite thing about your previous job   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Washington, DC) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online for the teller position, and completed the traditional assessment test which lasted about an hour. Luckily, BOA was hosting an Open House Event the following day I applied for the position, and because I passed the assessment, I was invited to that event by a recruiter.

As you can imagine, I was nervous attending the event but had to muscle up. So, as part of my lengthy preparation, I read a couple of interview hints here on Glassdoor. I attended the event with a professional look, in dark suit, tie, and a light colored dress shirt.

About 25 candidates attended the event, and there were about six recruiters. The recruiters gave a brief background about the career development culture of BOA, and some detailed information about what constituted the teller position. I was expecting a kind of group interview but to my surprise, the recruiters said they were going to have a one on one interview with us. We were basically divided into two groups of teller position applicants, and personal banker applicants, and we were called into the interview room according to how our names appeared on a list we had earlier filled.

So my name was called out by my recruiter. A very nice, intelligent young lady. We exchanged greetings both with a smile, a gesture that immediately made me feel calm. I handed over my resume and she went over it as i answered the question 'tell me about yourself'. I used that opportunity to take her through my resume. She was particular excited about the fact that I have lived and worked in three countries: Nigeria, Finland, and the U.S. The rest of the interview was about my experience in these countries, and what motivated me to apply for the position and the company.

The interview was extremely relaxed, and she told me on the spot that she would definitely recommend me for a second interview at the financial center I applied to. Three days after the interview, I got a call for a second interview with the Branch Manager. As you can imagine, I started preparing for the interview, knowing fully well that it might not be as relaxed as my first interview. I was even expecting to have a role play, where I would have to introduce a product to a customer, and also handle an irate customer. Gladly, there was nothing like these.

The interview with the Manager lasted about 30 minutes, including the two occasions he had to attend to other business in the bank. He read out a list of behavioral questions and made notes after every answer. I guess that was to immediately rate my response, a strategy that made me nervous at first. I ensured that I answered every question with practical examples. In total, there were about ten of such questions. At the end he gave me an opportunity to ask him any question, and I was brave enough to ask him if he would hire me. He laughed out loud, and said he can't give me a definite answer because he still have a couple of candidates to interview.

To my surprise, the following day, I got a call from my interview that I got the job, and I would have to fill a background check form, after which I would be officially offered the position if I pass the check. I was extremely happy and count myself lucky for applying at the right time.

Interview Questions

• How were you able to sell or introduce your employers product or service to an irate customer   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Interview

The interview process was fairly strait forward. It was a group interview consisting of around 12 interviewees. We sat around a table and passed in a copy of our resume as the recruiting manager explained how the process worked. We were asked several questions as a group, such as "why do you think BOA only wants to hire the best tellers?" Each interviewee had 30 seconds to give an introduction about themselves.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call from the recruiter 2 weeks later. After the phone interview, I was invited to a group interview on a day with a few other people. After being asked a few questions and doing a role play, I was sent to speak to a branch manager for the location applied for.I got offered the job the next day.

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Glendale, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Apply online got the date with manager. Than background check after 1 week when they verify everything they send me the offer and the day i am going to start

Teller Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America in November 2015.

Interview

Very negative process. Wasted my time applying for this bank. They don't get back to you in a timely fashion. They set up in person interviews but when your ready to go in they call you at the last minute and cancel the interview. Then turn around and tell you the position was cancelled. This happen two times in a row so clearly this bank has incompetent people that don't want to do there job and give people a chance to get hired. They brag about how great they pay but won't give you a chance to actually meet with the manger before the position is cancelled.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (Webster, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

teller part time position easy, interviewed with vp and manager of location. I was told i would received a call back with a offer or not, but no one ever called me back.