Bank of America Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 8, 2017

2.6

576 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Applied online June 28th received a phone call from the recruiter July 8th did a phone interview and was invited to a group interview the next day with a few other people after being asked a few questions and doing a role play I was sent to go speak to a branch manager for the location applied for. got offered the job the next day.

Interview Questions

• WHY BANK OF AMERICA?
    SALES BANKGROUND.
    HOW TO OBTAIN SALES ETC.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Professional but it felt more like a conversation rather just reading off questions like some interviews can be. However this can depend on which bank center you apply to so be ready for typical "overcoming adversity" type questions just in case. Background check is very thorough since it is a bank.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time that a client voiced a complaint, and how did you solve the issue?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Matteson, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Matteson, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very easy and laid back. Manager SEEMED friendly and professional. The HR person was very nice and you have to take an online test to be considered for the interview. It is pretty simple though. You basically need common math skills. Overall, the interview process was good but working with the manager was not.

Interview Questions

• Q: Role play as if your customer had an issue and you had to find a way to solve it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Syracuse, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I was contacted 2 days after completing the online application and assessment with a brief phone interview. Then I had to wait close to a week for the face-to-face interview at the branch. That went very well and no typical interview questions were even asked. Then I had about a week and a half for the recruiter to contact me to offer me the position. Once I accepted their offer I had to set up the appointment to get fingerprinted and sign quite a few releases for the background checks, credit checks etc. The following week the corporate investigator contacted me to ask me a few questions about my previous employment and school histories. Then it was about 2 more weeks after that before they notified me that I had passed all of their checks and could officially start working for them on the date they had given me when they offered me the position.
    Anyone expecting to get hired and start quickly should look elsewhere as it'll be at least 1 month from when they make you their formal offer to when you officially begin working and there's no way to accelerate the process.

Interview Questions

• How much sales experience I had and if I was comfortable suggesting services to customers.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Applied online and a few days later got called by a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. Recruiter called later that day and we had a phone interview. Passed interview and had to do a face to face interview with my current manager.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

It was long time ago in 2008. I applied online, they called and interviewed me on the phone. After that, they set up an in-person interview with the hiring manager. They called me on the same day of the interview that I got the job. There were some paper works to be done before I could start.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

The interview process went quickly. I had a phone screening and then a phone interview and then 2 in person interviews. They did a background check and finger print scanning

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied on Saturday. On Monday morning around 12pm, a recruiter called me and told me if I will be able to have an interview by 2pm. I said yes. she told me to dress corporate and go with my resume. I told her I do not have access to a printer because the interview was impromptu. she said she will send the resume to the interviewer. I go to the interview 10 minutes late because the branch was a big one and I could not figure the parking space. The interview was just five minutes and I ask what the outcome will be and the interviewer said I should wait for a response from the recruiter. One hour later, I got an email to fill the pre-hire form and some other documents. the recruiter even ask me if I like the branch I applied to, I told her if she could help me get something close to my house and she was able to fix me up with the one just 8 minutes drive away. The application to interview took only 2-3days. My start date is October 5 and the pay is awesome for a start.

Interview Questions

• how many years experience ?
      how many transactions did you do in a day in your previous job ?
      what is your availability ?
      Do you go to school?
      how is your current course of study related to banking?   Answer Question
    • do you plan to move to the peak or you just want to work for a little while?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation of alary during interview. I accepted the offer and I got the employment letter and the pay was good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (Irving, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

I met a representative from BOA on a recruit miitary job fair.She told me about opening on one of the locations in Irving, TX. The lady was nice and she told me to apply online and gave the HR manager's email.I emailed her and she called me to set up an interview and told me to look for her when I go there.I went to am interview and there was a mean looking guy who told me he will be interviewing me.I went 30 mins prior to the interview but ended up waiting 1:30 mins for the imterview.I gave him my documentation which contained certificates and awards, degrees. He had a look at it but seemed not satisfied with it. He's attitude and his body language give me a clear message that he was not interested to interview me.The interview lasted only for 15 minutes and he asked me like 4 questions. He then told about Bank of America and what's like being a teller. He was looking for a lot of experience and since I since I did not have lot of experience in the administrative field he was not satisfied. It's an entry level job and most of the people do it for experience so there is no point experienced people applying for this job. Being in military exposes you to handling stress,handling people,managing time and working as part of team. And also we are highly trainable and motivated. Service members are always dedicated and loyal to the organisation they work for. But this interview somehow seem to be an insult to it. I highly recommend people not to apply jobs in Bank of America.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in next 5 years?
      Why Bank of America?
      Why teller?
      What can you bring to bank of america?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Long Beach, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online took the test they give you. I have 3 years experience as a teller, and the test was kind of hard but I guess it went good because I got an email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was about 20 minutes. Hiring manager informed me the position was filled internally.