Bank of America Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bank of America Teller Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (Irving, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

I met a representative from BOA on a recruit miitary job fair.She told me about opening on one of the locations in Irving, TX. The lady was nice and she told me to apply online and gave the HR manager's email.I emailed her and she called me to set up an interview and told me to look for her when I go there.I went to am interview and there was a mean looking guy who told me he will be interviewing me.I went 30 mins prior to the interview but ended up waiting 1:30 mins for the imterview.I gave him my documentation which contained certificates and awards, degrees. He had a look at it but seemed not satisfied with it. He's attitude and his body language give me a clear message that he was not interested to interview me.The interview lasted only for 15 minutes and he asked me like 4 questions. He then told about Bank of America and what's like being a teller. He was looking for a lot of experience and since I since I did not have lot of experience in the administrative field he was not satisfied. It's an entry level job and most of the people do it for experience so there is no point experienced people applying for this job. Being in military exposes you to handling stress,handling people,managing time and working as part of team. And also we are highly trainable and motivated. Service members are always dedicated and loyal to the organisation they work for. But this interview somehow seem to be an insult to it. I highly recommend people not to apply jobs in Bank of America.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in next 5 years?
    Why Bank of America?
    Why teller?
    What can you bring to bank of america?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Long Beach, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online took the test they give you. I have 3 years experience as a teller, and the test was kind of hard but I guess it went good because I got an email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was about 20 minutes. Hiring manager informed me the position was filled internally.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

It seems to be about a month long process, I applied inSeptember and am now getting a start date for December. The process began with a phone interview, followed with a one on one interview and now I am currently waiting on the background to clear.

Anonymous Employee in Highland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Highland, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

it was fairly easy asked me to try to refer them to a banker and basic interview questions. my interview was about 20 minutes long with the financial center manager and the operations manager. I would recommend to fully be yourself and be very straight forward with your availability don't say you're open everyday and then when you get hired giving them restrictions they will be very upset.

Interview Questions

• to refer them to a PB for a credit card in spanish   1 Answer

Negotiation

i didn't negotiate much

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Sarasota, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process at BOA revolves around role playing. They will ask you some very tough questions and you have to think quickly and sound intelligent and confident. Their emphasis is totally on sales and they are looking for your ability to be able to move the customer over to a banker.

Interview Questions

• How would you peak someone's interest in a credit card? And you have to role play your answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Shelton, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Shelton, CT) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online, completed assessment during application process, received an email then a phone interview. I had an in person interview at the banking center and an offer a week letter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gresham, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Gresham, OR).

Interview

Online assessment was extremely long and asked common sense questions over and over worded differently. Got a call 2 weeks later for a phone interview. That went well 2 days later I went in for a face to face interview. They had me role play trying to convince someone in a drive thru window to come inside to sign up for mobile banking. Interview went well. After the 1st phone interview recruiter sais they would be interviewing through that week and the week following and I would hear back. Its been 2 weeks since my face to face interview and I haven't heard anything. Do people really wait this process out?? I hope they're not expecting someone to stay available for 5 weeks not knowing if they got the job or not. We'll see.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of America in August 2015.

Interview

I applied on line for multiple positions so I don't know which one brought me to the interview. I was sent an email for an open house and group interview. Arrived on time and there were already several candidates waiting at a waiting area. Soon it became over crowded.. the lady showed up and led us to the room where the interviews were supposed to happen, after signing up a sheet of paper and handing over our resume, we waited for almost an hour for the interviewer crew, yes.. THE INTERVIEWER CREW WAS LATE. I honestly have never seen such a desorganized interview process. There were about 35 candidates and they only divided us into 2 big groups. The questions were not clear and objective, they were long questions that sounded like a rambling speech that by the end we were not able to even understand what exactly he wanted to know.
    Our interviewer didn't put any effort on trying to make us feel comfortable with the process, didn't make eye contact whatsoever, instead he would only write notes and that made me feel like I was talking to myself. He kept a frowned face for almost the entire interview. His assistant, another BoA staff, on the other hand seemed so much more friendly, I bet it would've been a better experience if she would've handled it.
    Another point was that they did a horrible job on dividing the group, idk what they based the division on, but our group had mostly tellers candidates and some manager.. CRM, Sales Manager... which at the time of the answers made all of us feel so uncomfortable when those people with major experience in banking, came up with incredible stories about how they handled a financial transaction evolving a high amount of money and right after someone who had only worked at some local store would come up with a humble and much simple situation, I felt bad for all of us. BoA has been the bank where I've been banking for several years but I honestly didn't feel proud of being a part of it; either passive or active.So disappointed!

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

I was interviewed by two people. The manager set back and took notes as the assistant manager asked questions. It was a little nerve racking this way, however the manager would smile and nod if it seemed I answered a question correctly. The hiring process is quite long. It took a while for them to contact me and even longer to set up an interview. So I was surprised to find that I was the only candidate being interviewed. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. And they asked me about customer service scenarios and selling products. It was clear they wanted to hire someone who could sell their products, exhibit good customer service, and someone who would want to grow within the company.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 2 years?   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bank of America in August 2015.

Interview

One of the easiest interviews I had in my job searches. Applied online and took a virtual job test which basically just analyzes your skills on seeing what is best for customers. After passing that it took a little less than a week for me to get a response. You get an email from the hiring manager and set up a phone interview.

Phone interview is very simple behavioral questions. I was immediately offered a second in person interview at the branch that I will be working at. I set it up for the next day and went in and met the branch manager and went through with the interview. This one was mostly behavioral and questions about your past experiences.

During all this you fill out a background check form. When that's all completed I had a third phone interview set up with the manager of the whole area (forgot the official title) which was basically a repeat of the second interview with a few questions dealing with your ability to sell, observe fraud, etc. A few hours after this I got an offer for the job. Besides the gap from when I applied, this whole interview process took 3 days.

Interview Questions

• give an example of when you sold something to a customer   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ended up getting a higher payrate than I asked for. Which made me think I should have asked for more. Ask for above the average pay you research when they ask you about the pay rate. Never hurts to go a little higher. I made the mistake of not doing that in the past jobs I had.