Bank of America Teller Operations Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bank of America Teller Operations Specialist Interview Questions

2.7

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America in December 2010.

Interview

Hiring is pretty quick, it takes about 2 weeks. Interview could last for an hour.

Interview Questions

• If one of your teller comes late most of the time, would you adjust her or his schedule to coming in at a later time??? How would you handle this situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

you can negotiate base on experience, distance and size of Banking Center.

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (Tampa, FL) in August 2011.

Interview

I applied online, and about 3 weeks later I received a call from a staffing recruiter. She asked me a few questions about the position and my work history and then informed me of the interview date. There was going to be a group interview with about 20 different candidates, all applying for the same job title, but different locations.
    3 days later, it was time for the interview, in the group setting with 2 men, the banking center manager, and a recruiting manager. We were told to dress professional, and bring a copy of our resume. We were given an availability sheet to sign, and then we were informed on the job qualifications, the bank's brand and brief history, as well as their culture and values.
    The recruiter asked each of us the following questions:
    1. Give a 30 second summary of our resume(including school,age,work history and any other details),as well as why we think Bank of America would benefit from our experience, whether or not we had any banking experience, and what our career goals were.
    2. Give a detailed SPECIFIC time where we went over and above for a customer.
    3. A detailed SPECIFIC time where we were able to recommend additional products to a customer by uncovering needs.
    3. A role play with the manager about how to greet and sell products to customers in a fake banking situation.

Tips:
    Dress EXTREMELY professional (jacket, closed toe shoes) and very conservative.
    SMILE a lot...the Teller role and all bank positions are very friendly.
    Be confident, speak up first and try to be as detailed as possible.
    Be ALL ABOUT the customer service.** This is the number one thing they look for** and also ask personalized questions as often as you can, especially in the role play.

2 days after my group interview I was set up on another interview in the actual bank location I was applying for with the banking manager and the assistant, which then I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Give a 30 second summary of your resume, what you hope to get out of Bank of America, and what are your career goals.   Answer Question
    • Give a specific scenario when you went over and above to make a customer happy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told the starting rate for Teller was $11.30 an hour, but it depends on the location and market.

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America in March 2010.

Interview

First thing you do is apply online then the recruiter calls you asks you a couple of questions and you answer some questions online. Then the manager interviews you along with the district manager. They ask you a couple of questions for about 30min. Then less than a week later the recruiter calls me back with an offer.

Interview Questions

• how would you provide coaching to a co worker that said something unprofessional to another co worker.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not much negotiating. The push back was that offer was the highest they can go. It was a stepping stone and good experience to add to my resume.

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America in September 2010.

Interview

had 2 phone interviews, then a one on one with a branch manager. I am now waiting on an interview with another manager next week. Everything went well in the interview! I am nervous about the next one. They say that is the final interview. Waiting is the worse!!

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bank of America in October 2013.

Interview

The process was very quick. It starts with the recruiter calling you to do a brief interview then they determine if you will receive an interview at branch. Once the phone interview is done you then get the opportunity to interview at a branch

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Columbia, MO) in April 2014.

Interview

Several interviews with banking manager over the course of two weeks. Each interview was one on one and consisted of generic interview questions. Several people interviewed but only one person was given an offer for the position.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Seattle, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

You have to apply and do the assesssment . If you pass in it then they will call for interview.THey will interview you. If they like you they will tell you immeadiately.I got selected through a group interview

Interview Questions

• You should know how to sell a pen roll play   1 Answer
    • how did you handle an angry coustomer   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didnt negotiate

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

It was a good experience. From the applicaion to the interview they were very concise and informative. It was a pleasant experience. They were clear with the next steps and were always to help out through the process.

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

There is a ton of waiting usually from interview to offer. The interviews are one on one and then you are contacted by HR for additional information and a background check if whomever interviewed you wants you on their team. You should get something back from HR in about a week that contains and offer. However, depending on what may be going on in the department that you interviewed with there could be weeks to months in between when you interview and when HR contacts you.

Interview Questions

• They were all behavioral questions like "whats your biggest flaw?" pretty standard entry level questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation took place as an entry level position.

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

There was a phone call from the recruiter. He was extremely nice. There was a face-to-face meeting with the Market Manager as well as the Branch Manager. I received a phone call shortly after the interviews letting me know that I was hired. Overall, it was standard practice for a bank.

Interview Questions

• There were a lot of scenario based questions about performance.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much room to negotiate. Said I was at the top of the pay grade.