Bank of America Teller Operations Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bank of America Teller Operations Specialist Interview Questions

2.7

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

I was an internal applicant, as they don't tend to hire management outside. I was a teller for a little over 6 months (with 5+ years retail management experience prior), before applying for promotion. Interview had little focus on sales, more focus on coaching and training experience, as the job expectation is to train the tellers. As a teller they expect you to exceed referral goals, and have perfect attendance with no latencies. Interviewed with Manager and Assistant Manager. Was supposed to have a 2nd interview with the Market Manager, but their schedule was full, so I was promoted after just one interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you exceed branch goals and expectations for teller referrals? / Role play coaching situations with tellers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offers will vary drastically based on location. I spoke with my manager a few days before the interview, we agreed that 40k would be acceptable, and that was the offer made after the interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Initial interview is a group interview, 11-15 candidates, 5-8 managers, filling multiple positions. Banking Center have sales goals to meet, a candidate is more desirable if they can help achieve sales goals.

Interview Questions

• The interview requires you to sell a product, one that you may know nothing about. So be familiar with their products and make sure you convey the "value" and "relationship" you are building with the customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiations.

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

Interview

Went through 3 interviews 2 over the phone and the other at the bank took over two weeks

Interview Questions

• Not really any difficult questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I went in for a teller operation specialist but they called me and offered me the teller position. I am desperate and needed a job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2014.

Interview

Online Assessment
    Phone Interview with a recruiter
    In person interview with Branch Manager and another employee

Interview Questions

• How would you teach someone who just wasn't getting a process?   Answer Question

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

There are two interviews, It is super easy as long as you know how to sell yourself

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is none.

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bank of America in October 2013.

Interview

The process was very quick. It starts with the recruiter calling you to do a brief interview then they determine if you will receive an interview at branch. Once the phone interview is done you then get the opportunity to interview at a branch

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

This is primarily an internal position. I started as a part-time teller, then full-time. After a year I was promoted to Sales and Service Specialist. That position is a cross between a teller and a personal banker. This person has to be highly organized! Not only do you have to earn referrals as a teller, but you have to sell at your desk too. A Teller Operations Specialist is mostly operations, behind the teller line. But that also depends on the branch size. I deal with coaching the tellers, and handling all audit procedures. But I also have to sell on the platform side too. To move forward with the bank, as a teller your goals are to balance have a high referral rate, as an SSS, it's the same thing. As a TOS, your operations have to be perfect, your tellers should have a high referral rate as well. As far as the hiring and interview process, it all depends on the management team. One interview was in person and the next was over the phone and lasted maybe 5 minutes. Network with other branches and let your managers know you want to move up.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question is always about management. What would you do in this situation and with this staff member? How do you handle coaching to someone who doesn't listen? Those where the tough questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much of one, I asked for more and they said that was it, take it or leave it.

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

Interview

Recruiter calls you first to see if your cut out for the position. A TOS is 3rd in command and there's times where they run the entire center by themselves. After the recruiter asks you about your performance in sales, they then ask you to give them a time how you handled a difficult situation. Interview process is the similar, how would you motivate tellers to do good in referrals etc. Usually conducted by manager and assistant manager.

Interview Questions

• What tactics would i use to motivate a teller who is about 70 years old and has been with the bank over 25 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bank of America (Atlanta, GA) in October 2012.

Interview

online assessment taken- had to pass to move to interview, met the staff answered some of their questions, then spoke with manager- asked what I can bring to the branch, what my challenges would be and what are my experiences have been.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

easy..i asked for more money, explained why i felt i deserved it and they said okay

Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Blacksburg, VA) in September 2012.

Interview

Be sure to submit an application online. Once that process is done you will likely be contacted by a recruiter. The recruiter feels you out as a candidate before asking you to complete a skills test (if required for role). Once you pass the skills test you are then scheduled an interview with the Hiring Manager. At this phase the manager does a very standard interview with a potential for role play (so be comfortable with enacting a sales skit). If the manager is comfortable with your interview and approves you along there is one phone interview done with the Market Manager (the hiring manager's supervisor). They will then ask you very similar questions along with another possibility for a role play. If they ask the same types of questions you are given about 2-4 days between the 1-1 interview and the phone interview so use the time to better connect with the questions. If approved the recruiter will then contact you with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a situation where you recognized and sold a product as a need the customer didn't know about?   Answer Question
    • If asked what words would your manager use to describe you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Once contacted with an offer you are able to negotiate. I would suggest doing so to better gain the need for the position to be filled and to better place yourself within the company. Your raise from here on out will depend on a relatively high starting salary.