Bank of America Teller Operations Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bank of America Teller Operations Specialist Interview Questions

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Raleigh, NC) in April 2012.

Interview

Very quick, i was an internal applicant. Scheduling was difficult due to needing to be at my home branch and the other manager having a lot of limitations in scheduling.

Interview Questions

• What are you most proud of so far in your time with BoA?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (Atlanta, GA) in September 2011.

Interview

I applied online and within two days I recieved e-mail requesting me to respond back to the email to schedule a phone interview with the recruiter. I have the pone interview tommorrow.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (Tampa, FL) in August 2011.

Interview

I applied online, and about 3 weeks later I received a call from a staffing recruiter. She asked me a few questions about the position and my work history and then informed me of the interview date. There was going to be a group interview with about 20 different candidates, all applying for the same job title, but different locations.
    3 days later, it was time for the interview, in the group setting with 2 men, the banking center manager, and a recruiting manager. We were told to dress professional, and bring a copy of our resume. We were given an availability sheet to sign, and then we were informed on the job qualifications, the bank's brand and brief history, as well as their culture and values.
    The recruiter asked each of us the following questions:
    1. Give a 30 second summary of our resume(including school,age,work history and any other details),as well as why we think Bank of America would benefit from our experience, whether or not we had any banking experience, and what our career goals were.
    2. Give a detailed SPECIFIC time where we went over and above for a customer.
    3. A detailed SPECIFIC time where we were able to recommend additional products to a customer by uncovering needs.
    3. A role play with the manager about how to greet and sell products to customers in a fake banking situation.

Tips:
    Dress EXTREMELY professional (jacket, closed toe shoes) and very conservative.
    SMILE a lot...the Teller role and all bank positions are very friendly.
    Be confident, speak up first and try to be as detailed as possible.
    Be ALL ABOUT the customer service.** This is the number one thing they look for** and also ask personalized questions as often as you can, especially in the role play.

2 days after my group interview I was set up on another interview in the actual bank location I was applying for with the banking manager and the assistant, which then I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Give a 30 second summary of your resume, what you hope to get out of Bank of America, and what are your career goals.   Answer Question
    • Give a specific scenario when you went over and above to make a customer happy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told the starting rate for Teller was $11.30 an hour, but it depends on the location and market.

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America in December 2010.

Interview

Hiring is pretty quick, it takes about 2 weeks. Interview could last for an hour.

Interview Questions

• If one of your teller comes late most of the time, would you adjust her or his schedule to coming in at a later time??? How would you handle this situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

you can negotiate base on experience, distance and size of Banking Center.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Chicago, IL) in January 2010.

Interview

It's nuts, Regular Questions on handling complaints and banking experience, counting out a drawer, answering phones, and handing complaints off to an available manager.
    Called on Phone
    Set interview
    Standard

Interview Questions

• None, if you have experience they will hire you.. So many leaving it's crazy.. They need help bad..   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Seattle, WA) in December 2009.

Interview

they take too much time, i do not feel they put enough effort to really help those who are applying for work... apparently i was over qualified and they will probably give the position to some less qualified.. go figure... the interviews are easy, the process is angered me

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in October 2009.

Interview

The first step in the process was an online assessment. The results were displayed immediately after the test was completed, which was nice. Very silly basic questions: "Do you prefer to: (a) sleep at work or (b) work at work?" After about two weeks came two 5-minute telephone interviews with HR. A few dayslater came a full 45-minute phone interview. This covered basic work history, strengths / weaknesses, availability, behavioral questions and a little role-playing. A few days later I was called for an interview with the market manager who was very pleasant. Honestly, the interview was delightful. She did ask some tough questions, but most were the expected interview basics - why are you leaving your current job, why hire you for this position, what can you bring to the job, what skills do you feel would be key to succeeding in this position, etc. A few days later I got a call back for an interview with the manager of the branch that had the opening. This interview was shorter, but the questions were more specific to the actual job I was being considered for. Two days later I got the offer.

All in all, they do want you to jump through some hoops. However, this seems to be more of a corporate issue - most others who interview with BofA go through the same multi-step process (and I mean MULTI). A lot of interviewers seem to have a group or panel interview step which I was, thankfully, spared. Other than the length of the process and the added anxiety and pressure of three-plus interviews the overall experience is not so bad. The people I came across struck me as kind and intelligent, which made speaking to them more pleasant than the typical dry question-answer-question-answer interviews where you're spitting out info like a robot.

Interview Questions

• Why did you decide to enter this field, as opposed to sales or customer service?   Answer Question
    • How would the supervisor at your current job describe you? How would you describe yourself? How do you account for the differences in the two answers?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They made an acceptable offer - did not negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a year or more. I interviewed at Bank of America (Miami, FL) in October 2009.

Interview

I had 3 interviews. First it was phone , then the group interview and then meeting the Assistant Manager and Manger.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Richmond, VA) in April 2009.

Interview

They asked my name, I asked a couple of questions, and then walked around and then asked for my references, and had me fill out a security form for background checks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (Macon, GA) in November 2007.

Interview

The first interview was by phone, the interviewer called me and we talked for about 30min going over what the position was and my qualifications and a short personality test to see if I was a good canidate for the job. I recieved a call back to set up a time for a panel interview for the position. This interview was about 45min long and the panel consisted of 6 Branch Managers/ Asst. Managers and the Market Manager. Each of them took turns asking me questions about teamwork and how to lead a team to meet their goals. They were very nice and organised but having so many people there and none of them were from the Management Team for the center I had applied for and so it kind of turned me off the the company. I think a manager should have some say is who is working for them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were part of a team that didn't complete its task. How did you handle the situation?   1 Answer