Bank of America Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Bank of America Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Apr 21, 2017

3.1

Information Security Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

The interview was very technical but very professional. The interviewers put me at ease and allow me to express full potential.
    I didn't get the the offer but I got a personal call from the recruitment consultant with a good feedback on the interview and a details of the reason, very nice personal touch.

Treasury Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Interviewed with 2 of the relevant team. Nothing extraordinary. Asked for professional background and focus on relevant to the position skills. Lots of questions on that. My impression was that they were looking exclusively for previous experience in relevant roles. Although I had postgraduate studies and publications to cover the objective of the role, they almost ignored these. In the feedback they said that I was a very good candidate, but they hired someone with previous experience in this field. It was awkward, as I had initially applied for another position and their recruiter asked me to proceed with the particular application. Overall it was pleasant and simple the process

Sales and Trading Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online, then had a telephone interview followed by an assessment centre which involved a group activity, a presentation exercise and two interviews. General questions involving mathematical brain teasers, estimate the tie revenue in the US, if you had £100,000 where would you invest it. The presentation was a stock pitch of your choice to either long or short, or to suggest a portfolio of several investments you think would increase in value over the next year.

Interview Questions

• Estimate the total revenue generated by tie sales in the US within a year?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bank of America (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

There were two rounds of interviews for the Global Markets Summer Associate recruitment process. First round was two phone interviews and the final round was one telepresence conference call interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a lot of technical questions during the interviews   1 Answer

Global Compliance Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Assessment Day

- Numerical Test Verification - Be prepared to know your basic maths and to use stationary you may not be used to in terms of their calculators. Very basic and different to GDCs.

- Interview #1 - This one is usually a competency based round

- Individual presentation - Case study on which you need to read, assess, and make a presentation for. To shine here know about policies the company uses from a day-to-day basis and put them into action in your presentation

- Group Presentation - Do not dominate but try and speak first to organise the structure of the tasks, they love the communication and clarity from that.

- Interview #2 - CV walk through and a lot of; 'tell me about a time where you ..." type questions

Global Markets Technogogy Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of America (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

1. Online application
    2. Immediately after the application is submitted, I was asked to complete a situational awareness test. One day later, I received an offer to come to an assessment centre.
    3. Interview consisted of:
    - Individual presentation (40 minutes given to prepare and evaluate a few different algorithms)
    -Group presentation
    -Two interviews (one competency, one technical)
    -Logical reasoning test

Quantitative Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied through a recruiter and interviewed within a week. Four individual technical interviews. Interviewers were friendly and helpful if at any point you became stuck when answering a question. They described the role and the group that I would be working in.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farnborough, London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Farnborough, London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online for the Sales & Trading summer analyst program. Invited for an assessment centre within 4 weeks after online judgement test (no phone call interview). Apply early as possible. In the assessment centre there were 3 face-to-face interviews, group presentation, individual presentation and a numerical test. Head back within a week.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Interviews with each of the members of the commodities quant team and senior members of quant teams that the commodities team work with. Final interview with the lead quant. Questions tended to focus on C++ development, small math calculations and modelling questions about simple derivatives. A couple of questions about work history and motivation for joining the team.

Interview Questions

• Give one modelling difference between a local volatility model and a stochastic vol model.   1 Answer

Scala Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Pretty quick: one phone call, approximately 40 minutes, then a 3-hour in-house interview (3 parts: due diligence, technical task, behavioral questions), then rate negotiations.

The due diligence part was the usual Java and Scala drill; APIs, design decisions, FP vs OOP, etc.

The technical task was down-to-Earth one, you start with some codebase and tell what would you do with it; from there, you can start a discussion on design approaches, the decisions made in the code, the decisions not yet made, the decisions you are going to make, etc.

The behavioral questions were as usual: why do you want to work here, how would your colleagues describe you, and so on.

Interview Questions

• Describe the Java collection framework   1 Answer