Bank of America Vice President Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bank of America Vice President Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2017

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Interview process was not complicated, had multiple rounds, first with HR, then with SVP and next technical. All three rounds were fine, interview with SVP was very formal, questions asked were experience related. Third round technical interview was also very job specific and current experience related and it went well.

Interview Questions

• Lot of technical questions and real time experience in Java, trouble shooting, production support, hands-on knowledge.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

The process took four rounds. The first three rounds were via phone and the fourth round was via a video conference (as the team members were spread out around the country). There was also an initial screen with HR and a final chat with HR with an offer. Everyone was extremely professional and thorough.

Interview Questions

The job role was not a good fit for my career interests.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

I had a thirty minute interview with the hiring manager and, unbeknownst to me prior to entering the room, with the executive also. Everyone was cordial and polite and it was a fairly informal interview. The timing of the decision was fairly quick, probably because it seemed the decision had been made prior to the interview process or job posting.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the experience you have that is relevant to this position.   Answer Question
    • What is making you seek this opportunity at this time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone screen and 2 onsite. Phone screening took 45 minutes. Questions started from tell us about yourself and then moved to walk us through a design pattern and how to solve network connectivity problems (loss of connection, auto reconnect). On site each round is half day. Got to meet 3-4 persons during each round. Whiteboard presentation to explain the problems. Using computer to do coding.

Interview Questions

• Describe your work challengers and how you resolve them   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Single HR phone interview with subsequent hiring manager interview. HR contacted me based on a prior application for a different job. Focus was on a "walk-through" of the resume in interviews with HR, hiring manager's executive and hiring manager's colleague. Last interview with hiring manager focused more on technical skills important to the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not open to negotiation.

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Got an interview through a friend. Took a month or two. Just asked mainly fit questions. First round with MD. Second round with rest of team. Third round with 8 or so traders and sales.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Very happy with offer.

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

More behavioral than anything else. Wanted to get a sense of having somewhat of a quantitative background (either academic or professional) but otherwise it was behavioral. They preferred people with a risk and p&l background which I had so that aligned well.

Interview Questions

• Can you talk about large US banks' debt footprints since 2008?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not willing to negotiate much on base salary. Got additional $5K through negotiations.

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

3 over the phone interviews. Very pleasant and straightforward. Offer letter came 2 days later after a background check, and I negotiated base increase. Start date was less than 2 weeks out. Very well managed process and professional experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated a bump on the base salary.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY).

Interview

Very detail oriented interview touching on skills necessary for the job

Vice President Interview

Interview

Friendly and informative

Negotiation

Respectful