Bank of Baroda Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bank of Baroda Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2017

Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of Baroda (New Delhi (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

Yes I am ready of bank interview jobs and computer basis complete and spoken English and I agree bank job future makes best life and best salary bank probablyhaveto customers

Interview Questions

• Bank o'f job in future best make   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Haldwani (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of Baroda (Haldwani (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

It's not always quick and easy to get hired. The job interview process can be lengthy. Being interviewed once and getting a job offer is typically a thing of the past. Today, many companies have an involved interview process starting with screening interviews, which often take place on the phone, followed by in-person interviews, second interviews, and even third interviews.

In addition to a hiring manager, you make meet with managers, employees, and other staff. How hiring is handled depends on the employer and the systems they have in place for screening and evaluating potential new hires.

Here's an overview of each step in the interview process, along with advice on the best way to handle each type of interview as you progress up the interview ladder towards a job offer.
    A screening interview is a type of job interview that is conducted to determine if the applicant has the qualifications needed to do the job for which the company is hiring. A screening interview is typically the first interview in the hiring process if the company does not start with open interviews where multiple candidates are screened at an open hiring event.
    Employers use phone interviews to identify and recruit candidates for employment. Phone interviews are often used to narrow the pool of applicants who will be invited for in-person interviews. F.
    or remote jobs, interviewing by phone, Skype or video may be how you get hired.
    The first in-person job interview is typically a one-on-one interview between the applicant and a hiring manager. The interviewer will ask questions about the applicant's experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking in the optimal candidate for the job.
    A second interview can be a more in-depth one-on-one interview with the person you originally interviewed with or it can be a day-long interview that includes meetings with company staff. You may meet with management, staff members, executives, and other company employees. Once you're scheduled for a second interview, you're most likely in serious contention for the job.
    When you have made it through the first interview, then a second interview you might think you're done with the interview process and you'll soon find out whether you'll be receiving a job offer. That's not necessarily the case. You may have to participate in a third interview and possible more interviews after that. A third interview typically involves a final meeting with the hiring manager, and may provide the opportunity to meet more of your prospective colleagues.
    Dining with a job applicants allows employers to review your communication and interpersonal skills, as well as your table manners, in a more relaxed (for them) environment. Depending on the interview process of the company you're interviewing with and the type of job you are applying for you may be invited to an lunch or dinner interview.
    The final interview is the last step in the interview process and the interview where you may find out whether or not you are going to get a job offer. Here's information on preparing for an interview when you have already met with the company multiple times, and advice on how to handle a final interview.
    Regardless of where you are in the interview process, it's important to practice interviewing and to be prepared for the typical interview questions you'll be asked during each step in the process. It's also important to have questions ready to ask the interview.
    Even though it may seem like a lot of work, especially when you have gone to multiple interviews, it's important to follow up after each step in the interview process. In fact, the most important thing you can do is to follow up and reiterate your interest in the position and to thank the interviewer for taking the time to meet with you.
    You may receive a job offer contingent on a background check and/or a credit check. Or, a background check may be conducted prior to a company offering a job. What the company learns during the background check could result in you not getting a job offer or in the job offer being withdrawn.
    When you have made it through the sometimes grueling interview process, the final step will be a job offer. Before you accept, it's important to evaluate the compensation package, consider whether you want to make a counter offer, and then accept (or decline) the job offer in writing.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength?   1 Answer
    • What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • What are your salary expectations?   1 Answer
    • Why are you leaving or have left your job?   1 Answer

Officer Scale I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of Baroda (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Very lengthy and tiresome. But overall a good experience.
    You are asked to report early morning even though your interview will be post-noon or in evening.

Actual interview itself is average and you may expect questions based on your academic knowledge, work experience, current affairs and few hypothetical questions to judge your decision-making skills.

Interview Questions

• Mostly based on academics and work experience. Few hypothetical questions here and there.   1 Answer

Planning Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bank of Baroda (Mumbai (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied in BOB and the written test was conducted on 23rd Feb 2017. There were sections in test which comprises of English, Reasoning, Quantitative and Technical. There was a sectional cut off and overall cut off.
    The result was announced after 3 months and shortlisted candidates appeared for next process of interview which included Document verification, Writing in 250 words on one given topic followed by interview.
    There were 5 members in the panel where 3 of them involve in asking questions and other 2 were observing candidate.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions in Written :-
      1. spin off
      2. short sell
      3. who issue Commercial Paper.
      4. CD time for banks
      13. CP AND CD regulated by RBI
      15. True and False on Monopoly
      16. Debt Equity Ratio-Impact of Bonus Issue
      17. Debt Equity Ratio-Impact of Retained Profits
      18. Meaning of Duration of Bond.
      19. Held for Trading Security Tenure
      20. Question on Yield Calculation
      21. Questions on Operational Research-Experiment_Homogeneous Variables
      22. Longer the Tenure Impact on yield
      23. Risk faced on G-Sec 24. Indian Accounting Standards.

Topic given for descriptive (250 words) :-

Why do private bank reap more profit ratio than public sector banks?

Interview Questions:-
      It started with "TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF". What do you understand by "Planning"? What is current saving interest rate offered by banks? Who regulate saving bank interest rate? How Private sector bank offer more interest rate than Public sector banks? What is Bitcoin? Where does Bitcoin belongs to?   Answer Question

Operational Risk Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of Baroda.

Interview

Wasn't that good, the country MD director conducted the interview himself. There was no panel of interviewers like in many other big organisation at least to create a check and balance.

Interview Questions

• Several questions but didn't appreciate the way he was responding to my answers.   Answer Question

Probationary Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bhopal (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of Baroda (Bhopal (India)).

Interview

GD then interview, GD wasnt an elimination round, all people who gave gd were allowed in interview. 4800 were selected for 1200 seats. i took their exam and got selected for this.panel consisted of 5 members 1 female and rest males aged around 40 to 50. they were very very friendly and cheerful

Probationary Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bank of Baroda (New Delhi (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

the hiring process was rigorous and challenging. the recruitment process included one online exam which had 200 mcqs and the time duration was 2 hours followed by a descriptive test which had letter and essay writing also in online mode of 30 minutes duration.
    the shortlisted candidates have to give a group discussion session followed b ya personal interview.

Interview Questions

• what is that one change or a new thing you would like to add to our bank?   1 Answer

Specialist Officer Scale I IT Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lucknow (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of Baroda (Lucknow (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

I qualified forbthe interview round after clearing the written exam conducted by IBPS. I reached the interview center on time. Firstly I had my documents verified then waited for my turn

Interview Questions

• Why I chose to wait for 2 years when with my qualifications I Coul have gotten a good job in IT sector   Answer Question

Specialist Officer Scale I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Patna, Bihar (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Bank of Baroda (Patna, Bihar (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by IBPS after clearing written. A panel of 5 members took the interview. Very cooperative members. duration of interview was 15 minutes. mostly current affairs questions were asked. medium of interview was " Hinglish " . Dress code was not specified , yet formal was expected.document verification was done prior to interview. no TA was given. Tea andsnacks were being served.

Interview Questions

• Current Affairs : Tell about NITI Ayog . Why Niti Aayog Formed.
      Districtsin Jharkhand ? Speed of Sound ? How Mobile towers function ?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of Baroda (Mumbai (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

they asked me to come their zonal office at ballard pier (Mumbai),there they will take personal interview asking some basic questions related to banking and commerce.After i got selected i get a letter an dmove to zonal office (Bhandup),Mumbai.There you will get the branch and the department of your choice

Interview Questions

• tell me something about yourself   2 Answers