Bank of China - New York Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

Bank of China - New York Interview Questions in New York, NY

Updated Dec 19, 2016

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of China - New York (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Around 2 hours. First part is the skill test of using MS Word, Excel some other questions like "Which of the following is least like the others? A.Lobster B.Manatee C.Dolphin D.Whale". The Second part is an Interview with HR

Interview Questions

• "In your current job, what's your coworkers doing in their positions? (Hilarious question to me, LOL)   Answer Question

Asset Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bank of China - New York (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed with two HRs for around 20 mins. Simple work related questions. Then, there was a simple logic,math and English test. Met the other 2 people from the department I applied for. Found out the job is a very different from the job description(from where I applied). They asked even me "Am I know driving?" which is not listed on the job requirement.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself? Why do you apply for this position? Why do you leave your current job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of China - New York (New York, NY).

Interview

Starting with phone interview to go over basic experience questions. Face to face interview included detail experience Q&A by HR, computer skill test (Microsoft Office), interview with the job department manager, then quick interview with CEO.

The overall interview experience is nothing special and nothing difficult. But they won't notify you if you are not selected. I did not hear anything from them for 2 months, but then I suddenly receive the offer after 2 months and they want me to report to work as soon as possible (literally the next day).

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of China - New York (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

First discuss job details with HR, then go for specific team for detail skills and job experience. Let me describe my previous job experience and why quit that position. And target salary for new position. Then asked some software which never heard. Then discuss about projects I did in University.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of China - New York (New York, NY).

Interview

it is the first round phone interview. I was called from the HR. went over all the experience on the resume before offering an on site. education and skillsets are discussed in details. And then a week later ask me to go an on site interview. I am planing for the on site one

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of China - New York (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

The interviewing process was very unstructured, met with corporate banking people and HR. HR doesn't know anything and act tough and mean, young girl with glasses thinks she runs HR and the whole bank or something, not professional, not cool, not friendly at all. Met with chief lending officer, then general manager Mr. Wu who's nice but since left I think, not sure, and it was pretty easy, I wanted to meet others in the group but they said no, not very welcoming. Corporate banking head and deputy head are people with no experience and no management or leadership skills, the whole department is dis-functional, i didn't really like the cultural there, it was tough.

Interview Questions

• What's your current salary?   1 Answer

Trade Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of China - New York (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Basic behavior questions nothing challenging yah don't spend too much time on this. Yeah just to convince them that u have what it takes to complete the job and show them your excellent previous job experience

Junior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of China - New York (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

I was called by the HR person for a brief phone interview. We scheduled a interview in the office the next week. I took a computer test in the back room for some basic word, excel, and word problems for an hour. Then I spoke to the HR person there for about 30 minutes. She asked me to meet the research manager afterwards. I had conversation with the manager for about 30 minutes. He told me to wait for the HR to respond.