Bank of East Asia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bank of East Asia Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2017

2.7

Test Engineer Interview

Interview

I firstly sent an email to apply for an intern, and soon get response. Employer was an young lady and she set up a meeting in Shanghai. I went to their building to do the interview.
    The process was really fast, only took me 30 minutes, generally talked about myself and why I wanted to work in their company. Then I got home and after 2 days, I got an offer to work in their places.
    That's it.

Compliance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bank of East Asia.

Interview

hr+ hiring manager, very standardized. one of the hr is not that efficient. overall no surprise questions. need to show good and humble attitude, wiling to learn and hard working.

Accounting Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of East Asia (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Human Resources handles all recruitment process and communication was through Human Resources. Interview will be with Human Resources, then Accounting Manager, then CFO. Interview process is pretty smooth and response was quick since job position was urgent.

Interview Questions

• What is one difficult problem you have faced, and how did you over come the problem?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Interview

First round was a group interview with 8 other candidates. They provide you a case study to do a group discussion and ultimately come up with a final verdict to the case study question. Once the group discussion is completed, you will go on one by one for an individual interview with HR.

Lending Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of East Asia.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed and informal. Questions did not really test the candidate and they do not seem to require prerequisite knowledge. A lot of very personal questions which felt very uncomfortable.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of East Asia (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

Face to face interview with a team manager and then self introduction and follow up questions and the manager would explain more about the job position and he is quite interested in your previous relevant working experience.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of East Asia (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

1 HR staff held the whole interview process for the first-round assessment.
    First is a case study and group discussion, have to compromise and come up with suggestions.
    Then followed by a 1 on 1 individual interview (3-5 minutes), draw cards and choose 1 to answer in Putonghua and 1 in English.

Interview Questions

• e.g. The development of Hong Kong banking industry in 5 years   Answer Question

Lending Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of East Asia (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

First round interview directly with 1 manager and 1 senior manager. Mostly competency based since this is an entry-level position. 1 hour in total, not too challenging.

Second round interview with head of business development. 15 minute brief interview (competency based), and 45 minutes report writing (case study). Since the company has relatively few seniority levels, my interview started directly at manager level (only 3 down from the General Manger).

Interview Questions

• Competency based questions.
      1. Why choose this position?
      2. What can you bring to this position and the firm?
      3. How do you see yourself in 5 years?
      4. Tell me about your strengths / weaknesses?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of East Asia (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Discuss loan application process, previous job experience, challenge and satisfactory...etc Share the previous job experience, understand the culture and background of the previous job. Detailed to discuss the job expectation, the goal, learning area, management style...etc. Detailed to discuss the current local regulatory, requirement, KYC and AML issue.

Interview Questions

What is your previous experience.
      What is your previous experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I think the interview is quite relax as it just like the friendly discussion between me and interviewer.

MT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of East Asia.

Interview

3 Round of interview.First one is group interview, give you a case study and discuss in group of 8 to 10.Second round is written test, 2 questions on in English and one in Chinese. Last one is presentation in English and Chinese. The presentation question are informed with email before interview so you will have enough time to prepare