Bank of England Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Bank of England

3.2

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bank of England (London, KY) in January 2018.

Interview

Video interview giving a minute to prepare and 2 minutes to answer. One competency question and the rest technical about state of economy/ info about the bank. 2 practice questions at beginning.

Banking Supervision Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank of England in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of two rounds.
    The first round was in November and it consisted of a case study(around 60min) and after that a discussion with the two managers on your findings. That round was tough but quite enjoyable.
    After two weeks I got a call from my recruiter that they wanted me for a final round interview(a competency-based one). My interview was scheduled for mid-December on a Friday in the afternoon(very weird).
    Now I have done quite a few interviews and I had really prepared for this one with the PRA by reading a lot of regulation, articles etc.
    However, during my interviewers weren’t that interested in my answers or never followed up with any additional questions. They were constantly checking their watches as if they had somewhere else to be, which I found extremely disrespectful(given that there was a watch right behind me).
    Overall the last interview was really unpleasant as the people had zero interest in understanding more about my profile and listening to my answers.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of England (London, England (UK)).

Interview

HR forgot I was coming in and left me waiting for 45 minutes before sending someone down to reschedule. What stuck with me was that I was asked if I still wanted to come back in. Made me think they had already earmarked candidates and I was just a formality.

Interview Questions

• What work which our division has done have you seen reported in the news?   Answer Question

Part Time Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of England (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Very well organised - application form followed by difficult numeracy test, then telephone interview. I didn't get through to final (face to face) interview. The HR team were very good at adhering to the turn around times. You knew at each stage exactly how long you had to wait for an answer and they kept to their promise. Check you junk mail though - the numeracy test got filtered to my junk and it was lucky I spotted it as you have to complete it within 48 hours!

Interview Questions

• What are the top two thing you imagine are in the CEO's In Tray?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bank of England (London, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

Had to take an online test after submitting my forms. I tried emailing them yet received no response as I had no laptop to perform the test, I had to take it in a noisy environment elsewhere in case my application was withdrawn.

Spring Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of England (London, England (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

straight forward, until the topical BoE question, quite easy, but timed, adding to the pressure, enjoyable to be a part of and gives a feel for the institution and how it would be to work there

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of England (London, England (UK)) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview process is quite straightforward and corresponds to what they tell you prior to the interviews. I interviewed with a few associates, then senior management. The questions during the interview test your general macroeconomic knowledge. They are also interested in gaging whether you are a team player or not.

Interview Questions

• What would you do about the stock exchange crisis in China   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bank of England (London, England (UK)).

Interview

online test followed by written exercise ( essay writing and mathematical reasoning test). 2nd stage was assessment centre including interview, and group discussion exercise. I do not remember more information unfortunately as it has been a while.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of England (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

fairly easy, I have applied online and then I received a description email after around four weeks with the interview process and interview length. employees were friendly, big smile. you need to take your time before you answer the interview questions. don`t get very enthusiastic and shot the answers, wait arrange your words and answer.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of England (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

Face to face interview
    Tow senior people interviewed me and they asked me a lot of mathematical & coding questions, finance and risk related questions and some competency questions. It took one hour in total. Nice interview experience and they were very nice. It would be better if you get well prepared.