Bank of Hawaii Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 22, 2017

2.8

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of Hawaii (Honolulu, HI) in April 2017.

Interview

Q&A on experience in Networking and Systems Administration, Computer Troubleshooting. BOH planned on interviewing several candidates, their process was going to take approximately one month. At which, you'll be notified. Drug testing and background check was going to be initiated.

Interview Questions

• What application was used to remediate user issues   1 Answer

Consumer Banking Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of Hawaii (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

I applied online, but I was contacted for the different position couple months later. 1st interview was with hiring manager, 2nd and 3rd were with the representitive from other departments who worked closely as a team.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were related to my skills and past experiences.   Answer Question

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bank of Hawaii (Honolulu, HI) in July 2016.

Interview

3 Vice Presidents via Skype. They asked questions including: Tell us about yourself, why do you want to work in Hawaii, why BOH, What do you do for fun, where do you see yourself in 3-4 years, in 8-10 years. Asked me about my familiarity with financial instruments and topics. Opened the floor for my questions. Overall a very professional interview.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of Hawaii (Honolulu, HI) in January 2016.

Interview

Very quick interview appointment set up. 1 hour interview consisting of regular interview and a case scenario. Had more than one interviewer who sought to figure out how you analyze problems. Important to brush up on cash flow analysis as they will ask you many questions regarding your case scenario.

Part Time Teller I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of Hawaii (Honolulu, HI) in January 2016.

Interview

One of the managers called me on the phone and asked me a few interview questions and I had to answer them on the spot. I was a bit off guard because I expected to just set up an interview date, not have an interview on the phone. Then after answering few questions, I was offered to come in the branch and get an in person interview. I was interviewed by the branch and assistant manager of the branch I was applying for. It was all basic questions, and I suggest doing a few research about the company. My interview was on a friday and when monday hits, I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of the time where you experienced difficulty with a customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of Hawaii (Honolulu, HI) in April 2015.

Interview

Basic Questions similar to any interviews. Be prepared and answer every question asked. Learn and know about the company before your interview. Be persuasive if you really need a job and act as if the job is your future.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of Hawaii (Honolulu, HI) in April 2015.

Interview

Standard interview questions. It was a group interview. Very nice people. Their employees really exemplify their company values. Quick interview process. Really good at sending emails in a timely manner. Also good time in delivering the decision.

Interview Questions

• what are you strengths? weakness? what would you bring into the company?   Answer Question

Wealth Administrator Interview

Interview

I had initially applied for a different job but was contacted for this position which was a better fit. I had 3 interviews, the first with 2 from the dept, the second with the Manager, then a third with an advisor who would eventually be my supervisor. I was very impressed with the professional office atmosphere. This company takes a long time to schedule interviews and make hiring decisions, so don't be surprised with a long wait.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Like many companies, they don't tell you the salary up front. Jobs are graded and each grade has a low-medium-high range, but they wouldn't tell me the range either. However, I did get the salary I requested, just never knew where it fell in the range, so you don't know how you compare with other wealth administrators. I was happy with my salary, though.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kapolei, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of Hawaii (Kapolei, HI) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online via BOH careers and received a call back in about a week from the hiring manager for the call center

Two interviews.

10-15 min phone interview.

10-20 min face to face interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation possible. I was told pay is BOE.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Bank of Hawaii (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

Online application, Phone interview (hr representative) , 3 one-on-one interviews either in person or via video conference, and final interview. During the interview representatives would ask typical resume questions to find out more about interviewee and how he or she will fit to their company's goals and culture. The interviewers had casual and comfortable presence to soothe the interview process.