Bank of Ireland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 10, 2017

3.2

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Welcome Advisor Interview

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of Ireland.

Interview

Applied and filled out an application form online. Then did aptitude tests online. Didn't hear anything back for almost two months before I was contacted by HR to arrange an interview for later that week

Corporate Banking Interview

Interview

Took too long months on end from applying to offer. There were five stages far more than competitors. The initial online assessment was completed in October and the final interview/assessment centre was held at the end of march/early April.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of Ireland (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in June 2017.

Interview

Competency based interview with the usual questions. Two person interview panel and there is no second round interview. Be prepared for a couple of basic banking specific questions - explain derivatives, swaps etc. A lot of questions about how you cope under pressure and how to deal with month end close.

Interview Questions

• What would you find on the balance sheet of bank of ireland?   Answer Question

Welcome Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gorey, Co. Wexford (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of Ireland (Gorey, Co. Wexford (Ireland)) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online through the Bank of Ireland website where I had to upload my CV and answer a number of the usual mandatory questions e.g any criminal convictions/entitlement to work etc.. After I had submitter my application I received a confirmation email and an invitation to complete on online assessment within the next 3 days. The online assessment consisted of two parts: numerical and literacy reasoning. The assessment had no time limit and offered a number of practice questions to get you started. After submitting my assessment I got a phone call a number of hours later inviting me to interview, a confirmation email of this was sent subsequently. I was interviewed by 2 staff members however one was mostly just taking notes on everything being said. The interview lasted 20 minutes and I was told I would hear back if I had been successful or not within 1-2 weeks.

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bank of Ireland (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

The process was quite standard - sent in a CV, completed online tests, recorded a video interview and then an assessment centre followed. Everyone I met on the assessment centre day was lovely but following that day, they have been awful.

I was told on the day that we were to hear back within 2 weeks about whether we were successful or not. It has now been over 2 months later, I have emailed 3 times and not one of the staff have got back to me. It was quite disappointing because I had to travel quite a distance to attend the assessment day and thought that the staff were incredibly nice, to then not get any reply at all - I think is quite unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Give examples of when we were customer orientated/ went that extra mile.   Answer Question

Graduate Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of Ireland (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

First, i applied online then after a few days, I got an email asking me to do the online tests. After that is the video interview where you had to answer these following topics: Problem Solving, Teamwork & Collaboration and Customer Orientation. Assessment day came after in london, a full day of group exercise and presentations.

Interview Questions

• using video interview
      1.Problem Solving
      2.Teamwork & Collaboration
      3.Customer Orientation   Answer Question

Graduate Corporate and Treasury Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of Ireland (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

One day assessment centre with three tasks.
    Comprised of an individual interview, an individual task and a group task. Group task was the most challenging with the individual interview being easiest.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of Ireland (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in August 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview, followed by an office interview with two Senior Recruitment consultants/Managers. I was in the interview for over an hour, the two interviewers really put me through my paces. I felt like I answered some questions really well and others I struggled with, seeing as I had come from an agency background and not an internal recruitment background. The interview was on a Friday and I was advised that I would have feedback in the middle of the following week. I did not receive feedback, I had to go and personally email the internal recruiter for that about 3 weeks later. Instead of a phone-call, I received a generic email saying that my application had been unsuccessful. I would expect this back from an online application to a job board, but not after taking time off work to interview and prepare for a formal interview. I would have expected appropriate feedback. Naturally, quite disappointed with this.

Operational Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of Ireland (Bristol, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Had an online application, case study assessment and final interview (which I didn't get into). Nowhere was it posted that there would be a case study so hopefully this will be helpful. I got given some data and questions that I had 45 minutes to look over, and then had to give a 20 minute presentation to two managers about the issues I found, recommendations for these etc. Thought this was a really good process and had positive thoughts. I'd advice working methodically, and perhaps using some presentation techniques, standing up, writing on a board etc.
    Sadly I didn't get through, but I'd like to point out, the branch I was applying to (Bristol) was incredibly unprofessional. Firstly I was not informed about the case study (which I should have been; I was told it was an interview). But the worst part was that I got sent an email confirming I had an interview. This email came at 11:00am and said the interview was for 9:00am on the same day, so I rang HR up. Was then passed around for half an hour to different people, going to answer phone three times. When I finally got through I was met with a gentleman who casually told me there had been a system error and I had in fact not got through to the next stage despite the email. He gave a superficial apology and said thank you for showing interest in the role.
    Had I not called would he even have told me? Could I have turned up for an interview only to be sent on my way? This was such an embarrassing experience. And although I enjoyed the case study stage leaving with positive thoughts, the overall process was just horrible and badly handled. I had to face telling all my family and friends that I had not actually gotten through after celebrating the opposite.
    In a few words then, the interview process was innovative, but the Bristol recruitment is unprofessional and riddled with mistakes. I'd only go there if you're prepared to face a potentially similar scenario. I hope this is enlightening to some.

Temp Bank Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kilkenny (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of Ireland (Kilkenny (Ireland)) in February 2016.

Interview

Firstly applied by submitting my cv, was then invited to do online assessments in numerical, verbal & personality screening. This was very time consuming. Got a phone call a few days later inviting me too an interview that was 1hr 30mins away. Attended felt it went very well and then an email a week later saying I was unsuccessful without giving me a reason.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself.
      Give a time when you were in a difficult situation and how you dealt with it.
      What is the role you applied for.   Answer Question