Bank of Ireland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

49 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bank of Ireland (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Had a great chat with the GM. He was very personable. I felt as though they really look after their employees, and are dedicated to finding someone who is the right fit for the company. The interview felt more like a conversation, where we were both getting to know each other; I learned a lot about the Fado pubs, and got to appreciate how different they are from the majority of generic chains out there in the US. I would have been delighted to take the job if something else in a different field had not presented itself.

Interview Questions

• The usual - have you worked in high-volume restaurants before, how would you handle an irate customer, etc. Then the unusual - what's your favorite band, how many siblings do you have, etc.   1 Answer

Welcome Advisor Interview

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of Ireland.

Interview

Applied and filled out an application form online. Then did aptitude tests online. Didn't hear anything back for almost two months before I was contacted by HR to arrange an interview for later that week

Mortgage Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of Ireland (Bristol, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview, very short around fifteen minutes. I was asked four questions about customer service and had to give examples from my experience. Also I was asked about my availability

Interview Questions

• A situation when you had to deal with a complex customer complaint.   Answer Question

Corporate Banking Interview

Interview

Took too long months on end from applying to offer. There were five stages far more than competitors. The initial online assessment was completed in October and the final interview/assessment centre was held at the end of march/early April.

Welcome Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gorey, Co. Wexford (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of Ireland (Gorey, Co. Wexford (Ireland)) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online through the Bank of Ireland website where I had to upload my CV and answer a number of the usual mandatory questions e.g any criminal convictions/entitlement to work etc.. After I had submitter my application I received a confirmation email and an invitation to complete on online assessment within the next 3 days. The online assessment consisted of two parts: numerical and literacy reasoning. The assessment had no time limit and offered a number of practice questions to get you started. After submitting my assessment I got a phone call a number of hours later inviting me to interview, a confirmation email of this was sent subsequently. I was interviewed by 2 staff members however one was mostly just taking notes on everything being said. The interview lasted 20 minutes and I was told I would hear back if I had been successful or not within 1-2 weeks.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of Ireland (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2017.

Interview

Online application where you basically outline your experience and upload a copy of your cv.
    Online tests that examine analytical skills and verbal reasoning
    Interview which consisted of a panel discussing your cv and also discussing workplace scenarios and how you would deal with them.
    The interview lasted for 45 minutes and was quite fast paced. The panel were friendly. Very nice modern office.

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bank of Ireland (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

The process was quite standard - sent in a CV, completed online tests, recorded a video interview and then an assessment centre followed. Everyone I met on the assessment centre day was lovely but following that day, they have been awful.

I was told on the day that we were to hear back within 2 weeks about whether we were successful or not. It has now been over 2 months later, I have emailed 3 times and not one of the staff have got back to me. It was quite disappointing because I had to travel quite a distance to attend the assessment day and thought that the staff were incredibly nice, to then not get any reply at all - I think is quite unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Give examples of when we were customer orientated/ went that extra mile.   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Bank of Ireland (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Assesment Centre with 6 to 8 other people, with three activities, a group business case, an individual business case and a competency based interview. The whole thing lasted 3 hours and was pretty relaxed.

Graduate Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of Ireland (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

First, i applied online then after a few days, I got an email asking me to do the online tests. After that is the video interview where you had to answer these following topics: Problem Solving, Teamwork & Collaboration and Customer Orientation. Assessment day came after in london, a full day of group exercise and presentations.

Interview Questions

• using video interview
      1.Problem Solving
      2.Teamwork & Collaboration
      3.Customer Orientation   Answer Question

Graduate Corporate and Treasury Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of Ireland (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

One day assessment centre with three tasks.
    Comprised of an individual interview, an individual task and a group task. Group task was the most challenging with the individual interview being easiest.