Bank of Oklahoma Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Bank of Oklahoma

2.8

Sort:

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank of Oklahoma.

Interview

This process was the most frustrating process I have ever been through. I initially began communication with a recruiter who seemed interested in helping me. After the first conversation, I would have to leave multiple messages over several days (or in some cases, weeks) before I would hear back from her. I had a phone interview with the recruiter, a phone interview with the Branch Manager, and an in-person interview with two senior managers. After each of the interviews, I was told that I interviewed very well. I was even told by the branch manager I interviewed with that she wanted me as the ABM. I was later told that the position was being given to someone who had been promised the position earlier. The recruiter then told me that I would be considered for future positions, but she couldn't tell me when another position would be available. This process left me feeling very unappreciated and unwanted by the company.

Interview Questions

• All questions were typical management interview questions.   Answer Question

BSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of Oklahoma (Tulsa, OK) in February 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, then in-person interview. It was fairly easy and laid back but I think it would also depend on who you're interviewing with in the organization. Phone interview was with a manager and a team member. In-person was with manager and two group members. Follow-up was quick, within 2 days I heard back and was given an offer. I think if they like you you will hear back quick. This bank likes to fill spots as quick as possible.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

yes, little room for negotiation

Media Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank of Oklahoma (Tulsa, OK) in March 2010.

Interview

Generic interview with Recruiter who didn't even know I had applied officially on-line.
    Basically just went through my resume.
    Then two weeks later took a writing and editing test.
    Recruiter visited with me briefly after the test.
    Then several weeks later, I met with the hiring manager and a member of his team.
    I had to wait two weeks to hear the results and finally got the results after I emailed the hiring manager inquiring about the status.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of Oklahoma (Tulsa, OK) in April 2017.

Interview

Easy and Organized. First interview was a phone interview with a recruiter, second was with the Regional Manager, and third was with the Branch Manager at the branch I was needed. I really enjoyed meeting and talking to everyone in the interview process. It was easy and enjoyable. Lots of questions about how to handle customer service issues and personality questions. Last interview was very personality based to see if I'd fit at the branch. Overall good experience and great company to work for.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions about how I would handle customer service issues   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I interviewed at Bank of Oklahoma in September 2012.

Interview

When I was there you took one interview with the branch manager and the assistant branch manager. The interview is set up in a conversational tone so the can get a feel for how you would fit in with the group. It last about half an hour.

However, now there is an initial interview the applicant must get through. From those who I have spoken through you generally need to know about the company, know about you job, and know how to sell e.i. a pen.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell said thing. (It would be random)   1 Answer

Secondary Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of Oklahoma (Tulsa, OK) in October 2010.

Interview

I found the job on a job posting site. I applied online and was contacted by the company's hr recruiter a few days after I applied. the HR recruiter conducted a brief phone interview. After that I was brought in for two interviews. One was with the supervisor who posted the position, and the other was with the manager of the department. When I was hired, I had to go to the HR office and sign a bunch of papers. I was finger printed, and had to take a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Do you have an issue with having to go to lunch at a fixed time every day?   1 Answer
    • Do you have an issue with people coming to you with technical work problems?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no opportunity for negotiation.

Secondary Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of Oklahoma (Tulsa, OK) in October 2010.

Interview

I applied on the banks' website and sent in my resume in response to the position being posted on indeed.com. I received a call about my application just two days after I applied. The recruiter explained the job to me and asked if I was still interested. I said yes and was invited in for a 1 on 1 interview with the hiring manager on Tuesday. Wednesday the recruiter called me and said I had been selected for the final round of interviews and I had a one on one interview with the hiring manager's boss on Thursday. About a week later the recruiter call me with some questions and let me know that I would be receiving an offer within a few days. The next week the recruiter call me with an offer and the next day i met with HR to sign the paperwork and have my fingerprints taken. After that I had to go to a specific lab for the drug test. I started work a couple of days later.

Interview Questions

• Would I be available to work overtime?   1 Answer
    • Did I have any issues with having a set time for lunch (the hiring manager determined everyone's lunch schedule so there would be adequate coverage during lunch time)   1 Answer
    • Did I have any issues with my coworkers coming to me with issues?   1 Answer

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of Oklahoma (Tulsa, OK) in March 2009.

Interview

I submitted my application online, and was contacted by an internal recruiter who completed the first phone interview. I followed up by submitting work samples. I was then contacted to do a phone interview with the hiring manager. Based on that, I came in and completed an in-person interview. They made the offer later that day.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, this particular department didn't ask the typical, "Tell me about your greatest challenge and how you overcame it," questions. It was much more functional - questions about work volume and turn-times - and about making sure it was a good personality fit.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate, but not much.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of Oklahoma (Tulsa, OK) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter contacted me later that week. During that call, I was asked several behavioral, STAR questions. Talked about myself, my past and what i want from this new position. Then, I interviewed with the Regional manager at the Consumer headquarters branch. We talked a lot about my sales experience, which was a big part of the interview. After that, I interviewed with the Branch and Asst Branch manager inside the branch. All STAR questions and conversation.

Interview Questions

• Search the internet for the top STAR interview questions. They look for experience in sales, customer service and cash handling. Working quickly   1 Answer

Relationship Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of Oklahoma (Tulsa, OK) in August 2012.

Interview

Fairly quick process, about 2 weeks from initial interview to start date. 3 interview process, 1st interview- phone with recruiter, last about 15 minutes, basic informational questions. 2nd interview was with branch manager and assistant branch manager, more detailed background questions, "tell me a time when" type questions.
    3rd interview with regional manager, more situational type questions. RM will tell you if you are taking to long to answer the questions. Be very to the point with answers. Will ask you long term, goal oriented questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question