Bank of the Ozarks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 10, 2017

2.8

Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of the Ozarks (Carrollton, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job through their website. I was called a few weeks later for an over the phone interview. A week later, I received a phone call to schedule an in person interview. I get to the interview, that following week, the doors are locked. Apparently, they were closed. The HR who scheduled my interview scheduled me for a time that they were closed. I called HR & the next day they rescheduled my interview. I was the very last person to be interviewed at this point, so of course they've already had their candidates selected. The interview went great & the hiring manager & supervisor were really nice.

I just hate that I had to go through that process if I really didn't have a chance. What makes it so bad is that my rescheduled interview had to be postponed bc the hiring manager was leaving for vacation. At this point, they should have just went ahead and told me they've already selected their candidates. I didn't get a chance all bc the HR messed up my first interview time. It sucks! I really wanted that job, but life goes on.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel you're a great fit for this position?   Answer Question

Mortgage Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of the Ozarks (Dallas, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

I had 2 interviews the first one was a 1on1 with the hiring manager and the 2nd one was with other manager. Both interviews were great and both manager were very knowledgeable about the company. They explain to me the the hiring process, benefits such as Heath, 401k, time off, and last but not least the company goal.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of the Ozarks (Little Rock, AR) in April 2016.

Interview

I answered a few basic questions during a phone interview. HR followed up the next day to schedule an in-person interview. I was told that if I was still being considered for the position, that I would be called back for an additional in-person interview. Otherwise, I would receive an email.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you took a leadership role in a situation.   1 Answer

Teller/Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bank of the Ozarks (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online through the career section of the website. I was called 3 days later by the branch manager, and was asked if I was still interested in the position. I interviewed at the branch with the branch manager, one on one on a Thursday. They reviewed my work history going off my resume very thoroughly, and the interview was quite long for the position (1.25 hours for PT Teller). Very standard questions, just a lot of them. They asked if I had applied anywhere else, and I told them that I had applied to Wells Fargo as well. I received a call on Friday morning with a job offer, and I began training on the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time in which you didn't agree with a change the a former employer made? How did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of the Ozarks (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Dropped my resume on my schools career website, first round phone interview with fit questions mostly why the bank and why real estate, final round was 3 hours in the Dallas office meeting with about 8-10 asset managers. Few technical questions mostly fit.

Interview Questions

• How would you value a real estate property?   1 Answer

Vice President - Leasing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of the Ozarks (Little Rock, AR) in November 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with a peer, then the President of the division with the peer present interviewed me, then I was called back in and made a written offer to accept position.

Interview Questions

• They explained what they did, then to ensure I understood I summarized my understanding of what the position consisted of by using my own words.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They presented an offer letter and no negotiations were done.

Teller/Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cramerton, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bank of the Ozarks (Cramerton, NC) in July 2014.

Interview

I went in for an interview with the bank manager. She was very kind but she didnt seem to understand the list of interview questions corporate was requiring her to ask which was frustrating for both of us. She was great and explained the schedule. She was very personable and pleasant but it was very discouraging that she wasnt "allowed" to discuss pay. She said that if the job was offered pay would be discussed. I found that practice to be very unprofessional. I am assuming the pay is very low. The interview did last one hour and I was notified that if the job was offered I would be contacted via phone. If it was not offered I would receive an email.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced a difficult situation at work or in your personal life.   Answer Question

Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bank of the Ozarks (Savannah, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

This was a very general interview with the branch manager. Nothing mind bending. From this interview, I was excited to learn about how I would eventually be opening accounts for customers, and ask the opportunities that would be awaiting me. Unfortunately, after using their software for any type of transaction, I decided that it was ridiculous, and I was going to just stick to being a bank teller.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any prior experience handling cash?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bank of the Ozarks (Frisco, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

applied online got a call the very next day to schedule a face to face interview. After the 1:1 interview got another call for a last interview with the same manager just to asked few detailed questions about the position and how I would or could adjust. then next morning I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Are you familiar with BOO?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

not applicable

Staff Auditor Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of the Ozarks in December 2010.

Interview

I received a phone call asking me to come in for an interview. The two managers of the department interviewed me for about 45 minutes asking typical interview questions. I received a phone call with an offer about 1 week later.