Bank of the Philippine Islands Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bank of the Philippine Islands Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2017

2.8

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of the Philippine Islands in October 2017.

Interview

First is the initial interview. Then you will going to have 3 types of exam. First is MATH. They will give you 10 minutes to answer 25 questions. They will check the questionnaires right away so if you failed, be ready to go home. Then it goes the same to other exams.

We are unlucky because our batch was scheduled at 1PM (because security guards and frontliner of HR told so, that 10AM is their cut-off for interviewees).

Also, the HR seems to ask questions so fast and her face is not approachable. Feels like she wanted to finish right away because it's friday and she is ready to go home.

Anyway, I'm not bitter because I did not pass the exam, I'll just going to find another company that will make me feel that I have the talent. Instead of BPI.

My first impression was, they don't treat their employees as a talent, but as their workers. Its really bad because, I thought BPI will going to help us in making the best happen.

Please HR, be good to new applicants because how we see you is how we see the environment that BPI has. Be good to people and appreciate that they alloted a time to apply in your company. KNIW HOW TO SAY THANK YOU.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of the Philippine Islands (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in September 2017.

Interview

Take a series of exam (Math, English, Abstract) and if you passed you will be schedule for an Human Resource Interview in the same day. The interview lasted for about 15 minutes. Be sure to study your resume because they will focus on your resume .

Interview Questions

• Why work in a bank?
      Who/ What is your motivation?
      Why work in BPI?   Answer Question

Bank of the Philippine Islands Response

Oct 4, 2017 – Digital Marketing Communications Specialist

Dear Applicant,
    You have posted your review on the wrong BPI page. We are BPI - Business Performance Institute in Italy. We are a learning consultancy firm, not a bank.

Good luck at the other BPI.

Sales and Operations Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Makati City (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bank of the Philippine Islands (Makati City (Philippines)) in September 2017.

Interview

Saturday: Sent an application thru Jobstreet
    Sunday: Received an invitation for screening on Monday
    Monday: SCREENING DAY
         1. Submit at resume at the HR help desk
         2. Input info on the computer
         3. Wait for your turn for the pre-screening interview (per batch of 5) usually basic things like travel time to makati, any failing grades, course, school
         4. Exam of 3 parts (Math, Grammar, Logic)
         5. They will schedule an exam if you passed the 3 parts of exams. (I passeed it was also scheduled on the same day at 3pm)
    Friday: i received an update in my email regarding my application

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Makati, Mindoro Occidental (Philippines)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Bank of the Philippine Islands (Makati, Mindoro Occidental (Philippines)) in August 2017.

Interview

Elimination exam first. If you pass all the exams, you'll get an offer. The entry level position is only 10,825 pesos.

After the interview with the hr, you'll get an interview with the boss.

The boss will try to intimidate you to see your character.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Makati City (Philippines)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bank of the Philippine Islands (Makati City (Philippines)).

Interview

It started with a group interview the HR was our interviewer. Then examination was given: Numerical reasoning, abstract reasoning, grammar and usage. It was an elimination round. There were lots of interview, so just be ready.

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank of the Philippine Islands in July 2017.

Interview

I got a call for an initial interview a month after I submitted my CV. We were 11 applicants for the job. The initial interview were just based on the CV you have submitted and personality test.

After a week, I got the call that I passed the initial interview and I have to take the employment exam. The exam consisted of Math (15 mins), English (20 mins) and Abstract Reasoning (1-2mins per test)

After a week, I got another call informing me that I passed the exam and invited to the final interview. The final interview were all situational as to cash overage/shortage, handling customers, and character.

I got the call that I got chosen after a month. 🙂

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of the Philippine Islands in July 2017.

Interview

Walk in applicant . Submitted my application last june 4 . After a month i got a call for initial interview .we were 11 applicants for interview . After BM informed me wait for their call for qualifying exam scheduled next week . A week after we were 5 applicants for exam and told us only top 2 will be entertained for final interview . And i was chosen to proceed to final interview the following week . During interview they informed me im qualified but only their HR set age for bank teller not more than 26 y/o. Instead they endorsed my application to their insurance which is the BPI-philam. I got sad ofcourse because at the first place my bday is written on my resume but still they entertained until i reached last step only to tell me im over age .
    I was a little upset because at the start when they reviewing my resume and interviewing me for 3 times, they should tell me right away that i am over age . Then end of story .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Makati City (Philippines)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bank of the Philippine Islands (Makati City (Philippines)) in July 2017.

Interview

There are two interviews. One with the HR and a panel interview which includes your potential future bosses. The HR people are very accomodating and ask which date would be the most convenient for your interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself not in this in this resume.   Answer Question

Bank of the Philippine Islands Response

Oct 4, 2017 – Digital Marketing Communications Specialist

Dear Applicant,

Good luck at the other BPI.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Makati City (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of the Philippine Islands (Makati City (Philippines)) in June 2017.

Interview

The first phase of the hiring process is the exam. The exam is 3-part and for each part, people who don't pass will not go through the next part of the exam. Afterward, we were called for the initial HR interview. Most of the questions are regarding my CV and personal background. The next phase is a line/panel interview.

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Fast interview, initial interview was about 3 to 5 minutes, next interview about 10-15 minutes. I did not attend the last interview. The exam took long, almost half day because of manual checking.

Interview Questions

• What are your past experiences? Tell me something about yourself.   Answer Question