Bank of the Philippine Islands Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bank of the Philippine Islands Interview Questions

Updated Mar 6, 2017

2.9

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bank of the Philippine Islands in February 2017.

Interview

First, I input my personal data on the computer then we waited for the exam. It has 3 sets, it will be better if you come to their office as early as possible. I had my exam at 1pm and the HR told us (those who passed the exam) to comeback tomorrow for initial interview. They scheduled our interview at 1:30 to 4:pm. After the interview, the HR told us to wait for at least 2 weeks for feedback or another set of interview. After 2days, I received a message that I will have my final interview. After the final interview, I haven't heard from them. Its almost a month.

Service Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of the Philippine Islands.

Interview

Submitted my application online via their email. Got a text for an interview and exam the same day after submitting my application.

1. Exam. Math, Logic and Language. Elimination type. Time pressured. (Monday)
    2. Interview with HR. Usual questions like tell me about yourself, why bpi, how will you contribute to the company.
    3. Final Interview. Very casual interview depending on the interviewer. Just show them you really want the job and what you can do for the company. (Next Monday)
    4. Job Offer. They will give you the compensation package and the list of requirements to be submitted and the form for the medical. (Friday same week as Final Interview)
    5. Contract Signing and then they will tell you your start date and training to be held at the Buendia Center. (After all requirements are submitted)

Overall Process for me took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No, I was satisfied with the offer but I guess you could negotiate if you want.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Makati City (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of the Philippine Islands (Makati City (Philippines)) in October 2016.

Interview

First, you will have to go to the H.O. as early as possible because they only entertain applicants until 9am. So when I arrived at their office, I waited for few minutes then an HR personnel instructed us to input our personal data on the computer. After that, we waited again for a few minutes then we took the exam. The exam has 3 test. Those are Math, Logic and Language. If you are not able to pas the Math exam, an HR personnel will tell you that you can re-apply after six (6) months. The tests have time-limit, making it a little bit hard but the Math exam is actually just like an exam of a grade 7 student. After the exam, the HR personnel will tell you and your co-applicants to have a lunch break and be back by 2pm. At exactly 2pm, they will begin calling applicants for the initial interview. I think it's up to the HR if you will be interviewed 1-on-1 or with 2 other co-applicants. After the initial interview, the interviewer will tell you to wait for at least 2 weeks for the feedback regarding your application.

Officership Training Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Makati City (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of the Philippine Islands (Makati City (Philippines)) in September 2016.

Interview

1. Exam (Math, English, Essay) - Basic math and grammar. For the essay part, we had to explain why we were fit for the position
    2. HR Group Interview - We were only asked a few questions on this part (usual HR questions) then the interviewer oriented us on the position
    3. Panel Interview - Mostly behavioral questions.

Product Business Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Makati City (Philippines)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Bank of the Philippine Islands (Makati City (Philippines)).

Interview

HR usually if the primary gatekeeper before meeting the actual business/unit. They make you wait so long, so it's better to have an internal referral, unless you are a new graduate. Once the actual unit has a chance to speak to you, the decision to hire will now reside back to HR wherein a package will be written up and calculated, routed and approved by the group head, depending on your seniority.
    Often times all interviews with the units are very straight forward and look towards experience, success factors, fit in company culture, presence, eloquence and structure of thinking.
    Some are done panel style, while others are one after another individually.

Interview Questions

• Examples I can recall :
      1) How would you handle a certain situation with a very high end customer ?
      2) What are your biggest successes in your previous company ?
      3) Given the current market conditions, what strategy would you implement to yield a particular result ? (giving a precise outcome)
      1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate a better salary. They have a range, so if you ask anything above the range, kiss the position bye.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Makati City (Philippines)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bank of the Philippine Islands (Makati City (Philippines)) in June 2016.

Interview

Recruitment Process:
    1. Submit your resume at the information
    2. You will receive a text for an interview
    3. You will be ask to register in their system, and you'll be given an application form to fill out your information.
    4. Examination: Math (10mins) Logic (15 mins) English (15 mins) *If you don't pass the first exam you will not push through the next exam.
    5. After that you will be ask to stay if your interviewer is available. If not they will call you for the schedule of your interview.
    6. After the first interview, they will schedule you for final interview.

So far I will have my final interview tomorrow. SO wish me luck. :)

Interview Questions

• Why do you choose your course?   1 Answer

Audit Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of the Philippine Islands in June 2016.

Interview

Applied Online:
    *Invited for exam and interview
    1) Exam (elimination) you should pass the first exam before you proceed to another exam.
    2) First Interview - basic interview questions, and you should sell yourself effectively and confidently.. expected salary ..etc
    3) Interviewer said she will contact me next week

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Makati City (Philippines)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of the Philippine Islands (Makati City (Philippines)) in June 2016.

Interview

I was a walk-in applicant. I left my resume at the information desk. It took 2 weeks before I received an invitation to take their pre-employment exam. The exam was a bit hard 'coz it was a time pressured exam and it contains 3 subtest. It was also an elimination process. Once you failed the 1st test, you'll be out and the examiner will tell you thanks and may apply after six months. But luckily I passed the exam. In my case, my interview with the recruiter was set next day because I took the exam past 5 already. By the way that day was also their job fair, May 18, 2016. And I think that BPI didn't expect the number of applicants since it reached almost 500+ and had no system at all.

But the good thing there, the recruiter who conducted my interview apologized for what happened the other day. And then we proceed to the interview proper. Her questions were merely about myself and my application. Then in-depth interview with the dept head/director.

But i haven't heard anything about my application since then.

Interview Questions

• Tell something about yourself
      Family
      Personal
      Situational(abt school since I am a fresh grad)
      Core competencies you put in your resume
      Answer Question

Customer Service Associate (Teller) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Makati City (Philippines)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bank of the Philippine Islands (Makati City (Philippines)) in May 2016.

Interview

First, you will encode in their system. Second, preliminary examination. a) math, if you didn't pass the math examination, you can't take the next part of the exam which is the b.) logic. Lastly, english examination. It's just finding the errors. Then, if you passed the examination, you will be having the initial interview. The main questions in the initial interview were just "why BPI & why banking industry?". Others were just casual questions. If you passed the initial interview, you will be scheduled for the final interview. In my final interview, the interviewer told me what will be my job & he asked me different situations like how will I handle different clients especially the angry clients. These questions were also asked to me during my final interview: 5 years from now how can I see myself, why BPI, why banking industry, do you think I can do this job, etc. Other questions were just normal questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I consider the benefits when I accepted the offer. The benefits in BPI is good if you're already regular.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cebu City (Philippines)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bank of the Philippine Islands (Cebu City (Philippines)) in May 2016.

Interview

For the job fair, they had us bring our resumes and transcript of records. I presume that their HR staff checked on it first before herding us to the waiting room.

The initial, one-on-one interviews were given by about 5 people, to facilitate a faster interview process since there were a lot of us at the fair.

The interview itself was okay; the interviewers were friendly. They were keen, though, on what we did for extracurriculars during college since we were fresh graduates.

I was called for a panel interview the next day, and I thought it went alright. They had the same questions as in the initial interview.

I wasn't called for reasoning tests and the final interview, but my friends were. It took about a 3 more days for them to complete the interview process. Afterwards, they said they weren't contacted about their application status.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer