Bank of the West Financial Services Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bank of the West Financial Services Consultant Interview Questions

2.5

Anonymous Employee in South Lake Tahoe, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of the West (South Lake Tahoe, CA).

Interview

Interviewed with the branch manager, who then sent me to the regional manager, who then gave the final ok after a background check was performed. An HR employee called to offer both the job and the starting pay. The interview process depends on what job one is applying for. Tellers are hired by their direct manager, but a higher graded employee has to go to 2 interviews.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of the West

Financial Services Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of the West.

Interview

Average. Basic questions about background, motivations, past experience, goals, attitude, style, work-life balance expectations, etc. Behavioral interview questions; good sharing of expectations from both parties; overall professional and good interview experience.

Financial Services Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of the West in September 2014.

Interview

Phone interview held with an HR/Recruiter. Scheduled meeting with only Branch Manager, and was surprised by the Customer Service Manager joining. Second interview was with Area Manager, and then Regional Manager.

Interview Questions

• You're facing a wall that's higher and longer than you can see. How do you get past it?   1 Answer
    • What is the happiest and saddest moment of your life?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Frisco, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of the West (Frisco, CO) in May 2014.

Interview

Phone with recruiter followed by in person with branch manager. Quick follow up with offer. Onboarding included background and license achievement. Found process easy and was kept well informed throughout. My personal experience was fast, easy and ended with a job offer in 8 days did not onboard to start for an additional 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Discussed local knowledge of the market, what day to day role would be, campaigns and goals.   Answer Question

Negotiation

easy to discuss all benefits and were reasonably easy to negotiate pay package.

Financial Services Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of the West.

Interview

Lengthy, takes a while.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time you delivered exceptional service."   Answer Question

Negotiation

Them; "Here is what we will pay you."
    Me; "Can we do any better?"
    Them; (After laughter has subsided,) "No."

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of the West (Denver, CO) in December 2008.

Interview

Very enthusiastic managers interviewed me. You could tell they were looking for people that thought outside of the box and where enthusiastic themselves. The first interview was a few quick questions on the phone. Then an interview with 2 managers then another with a panel. We did skits and jokes it was the best interview I have ever had!

Interview Questions

• They asked alot of questions about regulations which I did not know as I had never been in banking. I thought for sure I wouldn't be hired because I kept having to say "I don't know"   1 Answer

Negotiation

It took longer than I expected to get to my actuall first day. 20 days AFTER I accepted