Bank of the West Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bank of the West Interview Questions

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.5

Service Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of the West.

Interview

I was interviewed with the branch manager then after 2 days scheduled to be interviewd with the area manager which is more of just approval. The next morning I got the job offer and did the background check and fingerprint that took about 4 days. Then they ask my availability to start .

Service Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of the West (Albuquerque, NM) in November 2017.

Interview

The process took about two weeks. I interviewed with the regional and branch managers. They were extremely friendly and were able to look past my interviewing anxieties! I got the offer call today! Waiting for a background check as well as fingerprinting to go through to get my start date! Woo hoo. Finding a job is rough, good luck!

Interview Questions

• What does a bank teller do? Do you have any questions? Tell me about a time you had an irate customer and how you defused it?   1 Answer

CRES Processor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of the West.

Interview

They called me and set up an interview time and then ignored me and didn't tell me it was cancelled. I later found out from another recruiter that they apparently didn't like our phone interaction, but set up a time to meet anyway.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of the West in September 2017.

Interview

I contacted a recruiter and they forwarded my resume to the branch manager. The branch manager then gave me a call to schedule an interview. The interview included myself and two other candidates. Then the interview concluded and we were told that if we got an offer, we would receive a phone call.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most important aspect in a work environment?   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bank of the West (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

They brought me in and I met with six people in one day. Pretty typical of all interviews. Most people i talked to didn't really care about interviewing, they just went through the motions.

Senior Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of the West in August 2017.

Interview

The interview took about 3 weeks. I did not visit their office since I am in east coast, so we do lots of phone interviews instead. Total 6 phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• Since this role is ALM, more focus on interest rate risk. Questions including experience with modeling, concepts of interest rate model, how to apply model to manage risk.   Answer Question

Talent Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bank of the West (San Ramon, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

The process was pleasantly fast from when I first applied for this position. It was a set of interviews including the recruiter, hiring manager and colleagues. Everyone was very professional, welcoming and very knowledgable about their work. The recruiter who is managing the process is particularly a good first point of contact for the bank, and she ensures that candidates are prepared and have enough information about the job and the bank. I am very happy with my experience applying for bank of the west (even before I was offered the position). One theme that I've noticed across the team is that everyone is very respectful and value people and diversity.

Interview Questions

• Describe the best example of a project or work you loved doing.   Answer Question

Contact Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of the West (Fargo, ND) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was fairly straight forward; the manager had a one-paged sheet of questions that she asked me (mostly behavioral), and then I had to fill out a quick 2–3 pg computer assessment test.

Interview Questions

• Describe your biggest professional accomplishment   1 Answer

Cash Management Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of the West (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The hiring manager asked two questions, why I chose their bank and what I have experience in the previous position. Then she explained about the details of this position. Lastly checked if I have any questions.

Interview Questions

• Why I chose Bank of the West.   1 Answer

Universal Banker I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, WY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of the West (Jackson, WY) in June 2017.

Interview

I was asked to come in and taken to a conference room with both the manager and operations manager. They continued to ask me questions about my interest in the position and my past experience. Better than some interviews I've had but they hadn't hired here for a time and they seemed a bit unorganized.

Interview Questions

• Why I was interested in the position.   1 Answer