Bank of the West Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 20, 2017

2.5

Corporate Events Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Bank of the West (New York, NY).

Interview

Due to my location in DC, I had my interview over the phone with two Marketing team members. The interview took 25 minutes and within the day I had an offer in my mailbox.

Interview Questions

• Q. What experience are you looking to obtain by working at Bank of the West?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of the West (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

First and second round interviews. First interview was more technical and focused on scenario-based questioning. Second round was with more executive management and focused on behavioral questions targeted towards cultural fit.

Interview Questions

• What factors would you use to determine whether you would make an A&D loan to a Borrower with limited CRE experience?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of the West.

Interview

HR contacted me through Monster.com and interview was set up immediately. There were multiple interviews with different levels of management, while the duration of whole interview process was average in length.

Interview Questions

• What are your current responsibilities and why are you looking for a change?   Answer Question

Financial Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Lake Tahoe, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of the West (South Lake Tahoe, CA).

Interview

Interviewed with the branch manager, who then sent me to the regional manager, who then gave the final ok after a background check was performed. An HR employee called to offer both the job and the starting pay. The interview process depends on what job one is applying for. Tellers are hired by their direct manager, but a higher graded employee has to go to 2 interviews.

Relationship Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marion, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of the West (Marion, IA) in December 2016.

Interview

Awesome interview! Went in, asked about me and who I was. Talked about the position, and really informed me on the culture of the bank! It was a very open interview and they were super welcoming!

Service Banker I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of the West.

Interview

After a couple days I received a call from the Branch manager to set up an interview time. About two weeks after the interview I was offered the position, and started a couple weeks after that.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation in which you showed exemplary customer service?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of the West (San Ramon, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Over the phone, then face to cafe on site with panel. It took a while to get the face to face with teh panel set up, which denotes the team is very busy and needs more support.

Interview Questions

• My past experience in project management   1 Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of the West.

Interview

Fairly simple. Straight forward questions, behavior related, business and management related. However they talked poorly about the current branch staff! Two person interview, almost a good cop bad cop scenario. Left me wondering what the culture was going to be like.

Interview Questions

• Do you have problems with letting someone go? Seriously   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of the West.

Interview

The interview was easy and very welll communicate. Interview was on-time. It was one on one with supervisor and branch manager interviews. They are friendly. Bank of west makes you feel comfortable.

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of the West in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online on there website, I then receive phone call within a week asking me if I was interested in interviewing for a teller position within the next couple days. I had an interview scheduled by the next business day, the manager was very nice and answered all my questions about the position.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?
      Strongest skill?
      Skill that my manager/supervisor would say I could work on.
      Answer Question