Bankers Life Career Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bankers Life Career Agent Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2016

1.7

Career Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bankers Life.

Interview

Had a briefing on the bankers life company and the opportunity they offer. I filled out the questionnaire and was called in a few days for a interview. Where I sat and explained I knew I needed a license for this career. Which once I passed my state lisencing exam I was contracted

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Its what you put in it. If your driven its all golden.

Other Interview Reviews for Bankers Life

Career Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bankers Life in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process is in multiple parts. The first is essentially a 1 hour long presentation telling you about Bankers and what you will be doing along with a couple questionnaires intended as a weeding out process. They then decide whether to have you back for a 2nd interview. That interview is one-on-one and is a bit more in depth. Great guy I talked to but they really don't care what you did before so this is still a weeding out process. They want someone willing to commit.

Interview Questions

• They don't really ask you typical interview questions. The initial questionnaire asked why you would be good for the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Roanoke, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

I was called to come in for an interview and that it would be in a group setting. Mr.Cole who did my briefing informed us that they do it this way to give background on the company and what Bankers Life does. He also wanted to see who stuck out and made good first impressions. I am so glad that they did it this way considering I had never interviewed or worked in insurance before. It allowed me to write down questions I had and be more prepared for what I was pursuing. After that I was selected to come back for a one on one interview! I completed that and again was able to ask questions that I had from the career briefing. I was called back for another one on one and that is when I was required to send an email within 24 hours describing why I should be considered to work for Bankers Life. Overall, it was a good interview process and I was blessed to have been offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Describe your work ethic.

Are you coach-able?

How would your peers describe you?

What is causing you to look into other career opportunities?
      Answer Question

Career Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bankers Life in October 2015.

Interview

There is a three part interview process. Part 1 is an introduction to the company and it's background. Part 2 is a little more in depth on the position offered, what is necessary to be successful, and the long term benefits working for the company. Part 3 is a one-on-one interview.

Interview Questions

• How many agents are currently working at this office?   Answer Question
    • What is the success rate of both the company and being in the field?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Old Lyme, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Old Lyme, CT) in July 2015.

Interview

The first interview was conducted in a briefing type format. The Regional Manager discussed the company and the opportunities afforded to prospective employees. I left the interview and couldn't sleep all night because I was so excited about being part of a company that values and trains their employees. Bankers Life has an excellent training program and an internship to help new employees be the best they can be. I would recommend this company to anyone looking to be part of a team and looking to better yourself financially.

Interview Questions

• Why should we ask you back for a second interview?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Green, OH).

Interview

First and second interviews are really power point presentations to a large group of potential "employees" (you are really an independent agent). If you somehow pass these two, you will be called to interview one-on-one. The third interview is 1-1/2 hrs long. Not really sure how to get beyond the first two as you are listening to a presentation and are not asked any questions. These presentations reminded me of a motivational company seminar, not a job interview. Each one took approximately one hour.

Interview Questions

• I live in NE OH and if I chose this position I would be required to attend "New Agent Success Training" for one week in Erie PA, over 2 hrs from my home. Additionally, I would have to pay about $1000 to become licensed, most of which needed to be completed prior to the training. This is reimbursed if you sell "x" amount of policies in your first "x' amount of weeks with the company. Overall, a lot of money must be paid up front while you are not earning a paycheck, then you are an independent agent and only get paid if you sell.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Casselberry, FL

Application

I interviewed at Bankers Life (Casselberry, FL) in July 2013.

Interview

This was not a job for which I actually filled out an application. They found my resume on Monster, and invited me to come to an interview. At the interview, I came to a door with a notice on it, which directed me to a different room, where I was supposed to sign in. After signing in, I, along with the other candidates returned to the original room, where we all sat down and were given a brief form to fill out, with some questions similar to those on a job application. A video played, telling of the benefits of working for the company, and then someone came in and began speaking. He explained that this was not going to be a typical interview, nor a final interview, but rather a presentation to help the applicants decide whether or not they wanted to work for the company. He even told us that we could get up and leave during the presentation if we decided it wasn't for us. After he finished the presentation, they gave us another questionnaire to fill out.I think, if I am not mistaken, that they would then select certain people who attended the presentation to come in for a more traditional type of interview, and then the next step would be a one-on-one interview. They seem to have somewhat of a non-traditional type of hiring process, as I just described, although I personally don't see why one has to always do things the traditional way. But it's good to realize that, if your experience is like mine, when they contact you to come for an interview, that does not mean that you have reached what you would think of as the "interview stage" of the hiring process. It's more like the equivalent of the "application stage."

Note: There were a couple of other position being applied for at the same time, but I can only remember the name of the one list in the title.

Interview Questions

• They didn't actually ask any questions verbally, but on the written questionnaire they handed out at the end, I think the hardest question for me was one that asked something like, "What is one thing you would like us to tell us?" The questions were generally easy though.   Answer Question