Bankers Life Insurance Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 13, 2017

1.9

170 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Bankers Life in September 2017.

Interview

Went through a three stage and three day interview and screening process. Obviously they are not going to hire just anyone. I know it will take a lot of energy and hard work after being hired. Only the strong survive. Opportunities and training look to be tremendous.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bankers Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Boise, ID).

Interview

The interview process in essentially a two round interview process. The first consists of a career presentation along with a "get to know you" application. This first meeting is a group application meeting with multiple applicants. If you advance to the second round, you will have received a phone call that same day if not soon after. The second interview consists of a one on one meeting with you and the branch sales manager. If the employer extends the job offer to the applicant, the next step is to obtain your insurance license at your expense of roughly $300 unless you are a veteran. During this time, you sign up for online classes that will help you study leading up to taking your exam. A final interview will help the branch sales manager establish scheduling, training and expectations for your employment.

Interview Questions

• What are the four financial realities?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Crown Point, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Crown Point, IN) in July 2017.

Interview

The first session was a group interview where the manager provided detailed information about the position and the company. The manager was very straightforward and provided good information about what the job would be like.

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bankers Life in July 2017.

Interview

There was a brief discussion about companies policy and its postion in world. Then at the end all candidates were given few questions to be answered and it was done within a hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Cary, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

All candidates sat through a briefing session that lasted one hour. The purpose was so that we could decide if this is the right fit for us. At the end, we were asked to write no other back of the survey if we felt it wasn't the right fit for us. If we liked what we heard and felt we could do this, we were asked to write what we could bring to the company on the back of the survey. He said he would compare our resume with our answers. If they felt it was a good match, those chosen would be called by that afternoon or Monday to come back for the second phase.

Anonymous Employee in Winchester, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Winchester, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

They bring you and a small group in for an informational interview, they'll have you fill out paper a survey, they call you back that day and set up a secondary interview if you had interest in the job. It seems most people get the job if they want it but make sure you ask questions, they aren't upfront with some info.

Insurance Agent Interview

Interview

They start with a presentation, which is weird, but the whole time they're bragging how much they help people and even after the second interview I left with high hopes until I got home and read these reviews and realized it was all too good to be true. Don't waste your time

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Chicago, IL).

Interview

WOW...... It all starts with a presentation where you will get yelled and screamed at for about an hour. The lunatic giving the presentation will often stop talking about the company and scream at you to not pass judgment on his company when no said anything at all. After that you will hear a couple incoherent statements like people are going to live to 130 years old and that they don't understand why people have dogs when they could have kids instead. My personal favorite part of the presentation was when they said that they don't believe in education..... Sound like a scam yet? And to top it all off they will tell you that if you don't want to work there then you are afraid of your own success. They act like the only reason people have a career is for the money and thats it. Once again, sound like a scam yet? By the end of the presentation me and three others left because we saw this place for what it was..... a total scam.... Save yourself some time and don't even show up. They wasted a lot of my time.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

It is a brief interview in which they want to evaluate your interest and capacity. They explain briefly the products you are going to be selling and how your commissions are going to be.

Interview Questions

• They ask you about your past experience in sales. The most important part is to show the will to do the job and the intelligence not to screw it up.   1 Answer

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bankers Life in April 2017.

Interview

They asked me to come in for a career briefing, with about four other candidates. They showed a video, gave a presentation, and asked us to fill out a survey and leave out resume. I was called the next day for an interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you look for in a job?   1 Answer