Bankers Life Insurance Sales Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bankers Life Insurance Sales Agent Interview Questions

Interviews at Bankers Life

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Tampa, FL) in May 2009.

Interview

I was expecting a one on one interview but instead found myself in a room will about 10 other people. It wasn't even an interview but rather a session to pursuade us to continue with the hiring process. It lasted about an hour. Basically we were told the best outcomes in income/profit and customer relationships. If you stayed with the company for a while and built strong relationships with your clients, you could potentially make a six figure income. but it seemed a little far fetched and too good to be true. i felt like the speaker was trying to sell us into staying on board with the company. and it seemd like they would hire anyone who was interested. i have a university diploma and feel like my skills and knowledge would not be best suited with these people or the kind of work environment they were trying to sell to me. After hearing the life story of the guy giving the presentation and why we should continue with the hiring process, we were encouraged to come back (2 days later) for a Q&A session.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bankers Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camarillo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Camarillo, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

We emailed back and forth, and then I was immediately invited to their office without even a phone call, which was weird. After getting there it turned out that it wasn't an interview; but they gathered about 10 people from my area in a class-like room and gave us a presentation.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask anything. It was like a routine presentation that they do every day.   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bankers Life in June 2014.

Interview

I didn't even apply for a job. They contacted me based on my experience. The only sales experience I had was in banking. They had me come in for an interview. I only went to get interview practice. The first round is basically them telling you how much money you can make. To me, it sounded very unrealistic. I went into the second interview and they told me about the fees it would take to work for them and they asked me if when I wanted to start. I said no thank you and walked out.

Interview Questions

It is ridiculous that everything comes out of pocket. You have to pay about $500 for the licensing, classes, background check and miscellaneous things. That is before you even start selling. Then, they wanted you to give them $100 a month for rent for the office and to pay the receptionist. The pay was all commission and I didn't feel right taking advantage of elderly people.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bankers Life.

Interview

Arrived for the initial interview and was directed to a room with a few other people. Next, they had a well prepared and brief presentation about the job, what it was, how compensation is calculated. Then followed a one-on-one interview which was more to test the waters on your enthusiasm and personal presentation than anything else. If you pass this, you go through to the next round. I got invited back but declined to go.

Interview Questions

• None in the first round really. Maybe, what makes you think you will be successful at this job?   1 Answer

I did some research later and wasn't too impressed with what I read or heard about Bankers Life. Also, had other interviews with similar companies that were far more in line with my personal values.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Listen to the other reviews please. I read the reviews but decided to give this company a chance anyways. I was wrong! I was emailed twice and called once to confirm a 1 on 1 interview with a manager for a management fast track program. It turned out that my "1 on 1 interview" was actually a group format to mass interview sales agents. When I confronted my point of contact about the incident, she just said, "Oh disregard that we don't hold formal interviews but after the information session you can talk to the manager if you like." Needless to say, I didn't stick around to waste my time. The job is 100% commission based and there are stipulations for you to be reimbursed for your insurance licensing fees.

Anonymous Employee in Atlantic City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Atlantic City, NJ).

Interview

Initial group presentation followed by 2nd presentation. Then interview with Manager. They will take almost anyone that has a Life and Health license. Managers are bonuses on how many recruits they hire. You must pass the life and health exams before you can start selling policies. The exam are tough. You must study to pass them.

Interview Questions

• How much are you worth per hour?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. It's 100% commission

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mechanicsburg, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Mechanicsburg, PA) in September 2014.

Interview

Very much a sales pitch. A group of us were gathered in a room. A sales manager did a presentation on Bankers and what the day to day routines would be.

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked. A group of were gathered in the room for a presentation on Bankers Life   Answer Question

No stability in income or benefits

Anonymous Employee in Swansea, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Swansea, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

My interview was conducted as more of a classroom presentation. There were six other applicants who sat through an hour long presentation, with one of them falling asleep. During the presentation you are sold on hints of high salary if you "work hard" enough and can make it through your first year. After the presentation we were given the option apply verbally with a face-to-face discussion with the manager. I have seen other interviews in conducted in a one-on-one fashion with the branch manager, and I believe this is the more common method.

Interview Questions

• What is the turn-around for agents in their first year   1 Answer

Negotiation

The job was 100% commission and I foolishly accepted because I thought my hard work would pay off.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Portland, OR) in October 2014.

Interview

As soon as I entered the office for the interview, I was put into a large "classroom" with several other people for a group interview which I wasn't told I would be doing. The hiring manager was 15 minutes late so we all just sat there awkwardly looking at the cartoon powerpoint that kept repeating. Eventually the manager shows up and introduces himself, then he makes each one of us stand up and tell the rest of the group a bit about ourselves. This made me really uncomfortable especially since I wasn't expecting any of it. All the people in the room were tense and awkward. The manager even told one applicant in the middle of the presentation, "I don't think you'd be right for this job", and asked her to leave in front of everybody. The whole event put a bad taste in my mouth and I left with the girl along with another two people.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bankers Life in October 2014.

Interview

Multiple seminars explaining potential earning capabilities of the individual with emphasis on money. Very impersonal interview and base their choices off of your questions rather than asking questions of you. Lots of pre-printed material on the company and it's handed to you at the time of the interview so questions are on-the-spot if you can think of them during the presentation.

Interview Questions

Did not offer a benefits plan that matched my needs and offered reimbursement for state licensing costs instead of covering them