Bankers Life Insurance Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bankers Life Insurance Sales Interview Questions

Updated Jan 11, 2017

1.8

Insurance Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bankers Life in January 2017.

Interview

Group interview/presentation. Was never told the interview would be held in a group setting. The interview was also not an interview but a presentation about the company. They make you pay for you licensing up front and say they will reimburse you after you have been working there for a period of time. After the presentation was over they ask everyone to fill out questionnaires and asked everyone if they would like a second interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Bankers Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

I have no yet done my interview but the woman who contacted me to set up the interview could not have been any nicer. She gave me all the information I needed to know for the day of the interview and sent me a confirmation email with all the same information on it. Sounds positive!

Interview Questions

• Have you ever considered sales before?   1 Answer

Insurance Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bankers Life in August 2016.

Interview

2 interviews total. Consecutively and last about an hour each after waiting. Not at one time did anyone stop to ensure you knew that the job depended on your paying the $200.00 or you couldn't start. So if you're in a bind for a job. Don't let them waste your time.

Interview Questions

• What would be your weakness?   1 Answer
    • What strength would you bring?   1 Answer

Have to pay out of pocket upfront about $200.00 to get licensed. Reimbursable, of course. 5 weeks in classes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Melbourne, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

2 of us showed up for a 10am interview and we waited until 10:15 to be seen. 2 other people had a scheduled interview at 10:30 so it would seem that they scheduled us at 10am for no reason and intentionally made us wait.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calverton, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Calverton, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

The first interview is a class room setting
    Where you listen to a agency manager presentation, then you're asked to fill out a questionnaire. Finally, you'll be called in for a second interview with the agency manager and you should have questions prepared, it'll last 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good candidate for a sales agent?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Grand Rapids, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and they told me about the opportunity and asked me a little bit about my background. After that I was invited for a face-to-face interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Very Nice Team,questions were easy and straight to the point,got a call for a second interview,but was tied up and could not attend.All in all,it was a nice experience..Would have loved to be part of a great company

Interview Questions

• None.you just get to chat with them and answer few questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I was invited for an initial interview which consisted of a workshop/company overview. I was asked back for a second interview and got excited about the potential for being hired. When I sat down for the second interview/workshop, if you could call it that, we were told that it would cost approximately 310.00 for licensing and fingerprinting. I immediately lost all interest what so ever in the "job opportunity." Why on earth would I waste my precious time with a job I had to spend money up front on? I felt betrayed. If they had said the cost initially, I would have never wasted my time, energy, or fuel to drive the 1 hour to get there to find out I had to spend more money to even be able to work. So very disappointing. I do understand that you would need a license to sale, but it should be made clear from the beginning that you need incur the cost to acquire it, not in the second 'interview.'

Interview Questions

• What is your current financial situation? It was on a questionnaire I'm guessing for personality assessment. I'm pretty sure if it's even legal to use that kind of vernacular. I understand they can run a credit check, but to ask such a personal question is quite unethical, in my opinion only.   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Interview

Interview

I received a call from someone and I was told that they found my resume online and they would like to schedule interview to discuss this opportunity. The interview was a group presentation about how much money you could make working for Bankers Life.

Interview Questions

My decision was based on the information I read about the company on the internet

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bankers Life (San Jose, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Bizarre interview process. They provided virtually no information on this job. This is just a scam to get 10-12 people in a room to give them a pitch on being insurance sales people. This was very unprofessional and I would recommend staying away from any inquiry by this company, which, by the way was never specifically identified prior to the meeting.

Interview Questions

• The moderator opened up by asking us to fill out the simple 4 quadrant personality trait grid.   1 Answer