Bankers Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bankers Life Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

1.7

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Bankers Life.

Interview

Super easy interview. All they did was talk to me about the company. I don't even remember being asked any of the standard interview questions like where do you see yourself in 5 years, etc.

Anonymous Interview

Interview

I got a phone call from a lady that said that they found my resume (I didn't understand where, but I didn't applied there) and I perfectly fit the job and offered 4 different jobs from HR and up to financial advisor. This was very weird since I possess a well defined profession and am not interested in "wide range of different positions" and I really don't understand how I can perfectly fit all this different positions. The lady talked like she was reading the text and asked to come dressed in professional attire and bring my resume, despite they already had one.
    All this seemed to me strange and unprofessional and I decided not to attend.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your zip code - we can find you the closest location for the interview.   Answer Question

Management/Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medina, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Medina, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

Recruiter called me saying they came across my resume, asked me to come in the following week for an interview for a management position. She called me that morning to wish me luck and I asked again what exactly is the position for since she was so vague when we originally spoke on the phone. She said it's a management position and agent, they will get a feel for where they think I would best fit in. When I got there, there were 13 other people in the room for a "group interview". They had us fill out a form and sit down and listen to a guy talk for 45 minutes about the company. For them to call that an interview is a joke. 6 people walked out during the "interview", he went into so much detail about what annuities are and the different types of insurance they sell. It was completely inappropriate if they want to consider that an interview. At the end of the guys powerpoint he had us fill out a form about if we would be interested in moving forward... which is when I walked away. They wanted us to pay $200 a month for something that he brushed over quickly and chose not to explain, along with getting licensed before starting (again, you pay for) and if you want to go to the management route, you still do those things and then be an agent for 3 months before having the opportunity to manage. It was a complete waste of time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tarpon Springs, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Tarpon Springs, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I received a call based on my resume posting online. I was specifically told it wasn't a sales job and it is. It wasn't an interview at all. It was a group setting, but really just an introduction to the company. The title was financial planning/insurance specialist or some nonsense, but really it's insurance sales. Complete waste of time.

Interview Questions

• The few questions presented were basic knowledge and opinions. Nothing specific was included. I felt most were rhetoric even if others in the group answered.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Davenport, IA) in March 2017.

Interview

I got a random call from old lady. I don't know how they knew my phone number cause i didn't submit resume. (I assume they found my resume online and contacted me.)

There was no interview session. They just started explaining about their company and how to do insurance sales job(why did I prepare everything just in case? what a waste of my time!)

It is 100% commission based job. If you are okay not making money for a while or have a second job, go for it.

Anonymous Employee in Coral Gables, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Coral Gables, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

3 round interview process. In the first interview, they will give you a company presentation and they will evaluate your attire, punctuality, and attitude. On the second interview, they will conduct a deeper company presentation. The third round will be an one-on-one interview with the manager.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Miami Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bankers Life (North Miami Beach, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

It starts with a three part interview process, in which the first one they get a large group of people and show a power point slide about the history of the company as well as some aspects of the buisness

Interview Questions

• They asked me to fill out a questionnaire and to leave a copy of my resume.   1 Answer

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Nashville, TN) in March 2017.

Interview

First interview is a group career breifing with general info on the company and position. The second interview provides more detail and reviews personality assessment. After the second interview you are assisted in signing up for licensing if needed.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit? Do you have sales experience?   Answer Question

Unspecified Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a 45 min pitch with no time for questions briefly explaining the company and "ease" of making endless amounts of money in a commission based sales position.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Bankers Life in March 2017.

Interview

After looking for a new job for a few weeks. Bankers Life sent me an email about finding my resume they thought I would be a good candidate. After a few back and forth emails in which the recruiter was to good to be true. It seems like a scam. I decided not to pursue it.

Interview Questions

• No questions all info about the company.   1 Answer