Bankers Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bankers Life Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2017

1.7

Sales Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Bankers Life.

Interview

Just class where the interviewer promote how well their company is and how the sales position to grow basically. But I would like to consider that is not a interview for people calling.

Financial Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bankers Life in April 2017.

Interview

Was called on the phone to come in for an interview because they liked my resume. I have no experience in this field. I asked about salary, and was told between $40k and $60k per year. After some research I find that those numbers are far more than anyone makes at the company. I decline the position. Thank you, and beware.

Interview Questions

• Would $40-$60k/yr be enough for me?   1 Answer

Entry Level Insurance Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Bowie, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

First they tell you to come for an interview which once you are there turns into some group company briefing about the company and the guy telling you his life story to real you in. He asks everyone to introduce themselves and ask what everyone is looking for. They give everyone a survey to get answers on what helped them and what didn't, what your concerns are and if your interested in going further. Then he calls you later that night or the next day to see if your interested and would like a face to face interview. When you get there they give you a packet of paper to read over telling you about how you need an insurance sales license and that you have to pay for it yourself and what everything costs. After an hour he finally brings you back to his office for the interview where he asks you what your looking for and what your concerns are. He told me because I didn't have the money for the classes to get a insurance sales license that I wasn't ready for an insurance sales job and that when I get a second job to come back to him. Also in the process he told me I made more money at my last job than I ever would working for him and that I'd have to make 12 sales in a week just to make what I did in two weeks at my last job. And to be honest I don't have sales experience and anyone looking at my resume can see that...this job and company is a huge scam stay away from this company.

Interview Questions

• Can I pay for the insurance sales classes?   1 Answer

Management/Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medina, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Medina, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

Recruiter called me saying they came across my resume, asked me to come in the following week for an interview for a management position. She called me that morning to wish me luck and I asked again what exactly is the position for since she was so vague when we originally spoke on the phone. She said it's a management position and agent, they will get a feel for where they think I would best fit in. When I got there, there were 13 other people in the room for a "group interview". They had us fill out a form and sit down and listen to a guy talk for 45 minutes about the company. For them to call that an interview is a joke. 6 people walked out during the "interview", he went into so much detail about what annuities are and the different types of insurance they sell. It was completely inappropriate if they want to consider that an interview. At the end of the guys powerpoint he had us fill out a form about if we would be interested in moving forward... which is when I walked away. They wanted us to pay $200 a month for something that he brushed over quickly and chose not to explain, along with getting licensed before starting (again, you pay for) and if you want to go to the management route, you still do those things and then be an agent for 3 months before having the opportunity to manage. It was a complete waste of time.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

It is a brief interview in which they want to evaluate your interest and capacity. They explain briefly the products you are going to be selling and how your commissions are going to be.

Interview Questions

• They ask you about your past experience in sales. The most important part is to show the will to do the job and the intelligence not to screw it up.   1 Answer

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Campbell, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

They called me after they found my resume online and asked me to come in for an interview even though I come from a very different field.
    After reading the reviews on glassdoor I have decided not to go, sales is not for me. Plus there is no basic salary, it is all commission. They were very pushy, they kept sending me emails and calling me to remind me of the interview even after I have informed them twice that I wont be attending.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bankers Life in April 2017.

Interview

First is a presentation with a few other candidates. At the end they give you a questionnaire to fill out. Then you get called for a one on one if they are interested in your answers, resume and overall presence.

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bankers Life in April 2017.

Interview

They asked me to come in for a career briefing, with about four other candidates. They showed a video, gave a presentation, and asked us to fill out a survey and leave out resume. I was called the next day for an interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you look for in a job?   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, AR

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Lowell, AR) in April 2017.

Interview

Got a call for an interview it was basically and open call group session we heard about the company then asked to come back for a one on one no salary was discussed but am assuming it's commission only

Interview Questions

• What I had wanted to be when I was a child   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Cattle call off the unemployment boards where a lunatic speaks to you about how much money you can make. I looked around the room and I assumed everyone was on minimum wage

Interview Questions

• There are no questions it's a canned presentation   2 Answers