Bankers Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bankers Life Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

1.7

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bankers Life in April 2017.

Interview

First group interview to show the candidates the company and the work. A little form about me. Second interview 5 minutes with manager to go over resume and group interview to talk more detailed about company and salary and benefits. Was mentioned training (paid). Got call for third interview (job offer) but I declined.

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Towson, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

I had three interviews with Bankers, the first being on campus and the other two were held in the office. The first interview was more of a screening and get to know you process and took about 30 minutes. The second interview was around three hours and was more of an explanation of the position along with questions as to how you would handle these tasks. Finally the last interview was more of a signing thing I believe but there were a few questions I had to answer first.

Interview Questions

• Interviews were more free flowing but they did ask to tell me about myself and what we want in an interview.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

I didn't actually end up going to this interview due to the fact that they were so pushy and aggressive to get me to come in to the interview, yet didn't answer some of my questions regarding the position. During my phone interview, the lady I spoke with was kind of rude and asked me questions that I believe were inappropriate due to the fact that I had just applied for the position and did not actually work for them. That, combined with the fact that I found out that the pay was all commission, I decided that it wasn't worth it to even apply.

Management/Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medina, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Medina, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

Recruiter called me saying they came across my resume, asked me to come in the following week for an interview for a management position. She called me that morning to wish me luck and I asked again what exactly is the position for since she was so vague when we originally spoke on the phone. She said it's a management position and agent, they will get a feel for where they think I would best fit in. When I got there, there were 13 other people in the room for a "group interview". They had us fill out a form and sit down and listen to a guy talk for 45 minutes about the company. For them to call that an interview is a joke. 6 people walked out during the "interview", he went into so much detail about what annuities are and the different types of insurance they sell. It was completely inappropriate if they want to consider that an interview. At the end of the guys powerpoint he had us fill out a form about if we would be interested in moving forward... which is when I walked away. They wanted us to pay $200 a month for something that he brushed over quickly and chose not to explain, along with getting licensed before starting (again, you pay for) and if you want to go to the management route, you still do those things and then be an agent for 3 months before having the opportunity to manage. It was a complete waste of time.

Sales Interview

Interview

It was mostly a waste of time. I applied for a job close by, but they wanted me to work very far away. I ended up telling them i wasnt interested.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Chicago, IL).

Interview

There is a 1 hour presentation about the company before the interview. After that the interview process begins. The interview is pretty straight forward nothing to worry about, they just want you to know if you are willing to work hard.

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Bankers Life.

Interview

Super easy interview. All they did was talk to me about the company. I don't even remember being asked any of the standard interview questions like where do you see yourself in 5 years, etc.

Anonymous Interview

Interview

I got a phone call from a lady that said that they found my resume (I didn't understand where, but I didn't applied there) and I perfectly fit the job and offered 4 different jobs from HR and up to financial advisor. This was very weird since I possess a well defined profession and am not interested in "wide range of different positions" and I really don't understand how I can perfectly fit all this different positions. The lady talked like she was reading the text and asked to come dressed in professional attire and bring my resume, despite they already had one.
    All this seemed to me strange and unprofessional and I decided not to attend.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your zip code - we can find you the closest location for the interview.   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tarpon Springs, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Tarpon Springs, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I received a call based on my resume posting online. I was specifically told it wasn't a sales job and it is. It wasn't an interview at all. It was a group setting, but really just an introduction to the company. The title was financial planning/insurance specialist or some nonsense, but really it's insurance sales. Complete waste of time.

Interview Questions

• The few questions presented were basic knowledge and opinions. Nothing specific was included. I felt most were rhetoric even if others in the group answered.   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Davenport, IA) in March 2017.

Interview

I got a random call from old lady. I don't know how they knew my phone number cause i didn't submit resume. (I assume they found my resume online and contacted me.)

There was no interview session. They just started explaining about their company and how to do insurance sales job(why did I prepare everything just in case? what a waste of my time!)

It is 100% commission based job. If you are okay not making money for a while or have a second job, go for it.