Bankers Life Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

1.9

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Entry Level Insurance Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Bowie, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

First they tell you to come for an interview which once you are there turns into some group company briefing about the company and the guy telling you his life story to real you in. He asks everyone to introduce themselves and ask what everyone is looking for. They give everyone a survey to get answers on what helped them and what didn't, what your concerns are and if your interested in going further. Then he calls you later that night or the next day to see if your interested and would like a face to face interview. When you get there they give you a packet of paper to read over telling you about how you need an insurance sales license and that you have to pay for it yourself and what everything costs. After an hour he finally brings you back to his office for the interview where he asks you what your looking for and what your concerns are. He told me because I didn't have the money for the classes to get a insurance sales license that I wasn't ready for an insurance sales job and that when I get a second job to come back to him. Also in the process he told me I made more money at my last job than I ever would working for him and that I'd have to make 12 sales in a week just to make what I did in two weeks at my last job. And to be honest I don't have sales experience and anyone looking at my resume can see that...this job and company is a huge scam stay away from this company.

Interview Questions

• Can I pay for the insurance sales classes?   1 Answer

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Gaithersburg, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

Was more like a group presentation, not much time to talk at all. Collected resumes and showed us a powe rpoint presentation. Do not recommend, I feel it was a waste of time. Don't know why they even contacted me. My resume, nor the jobs I've been applying for even hint at an interest in selling insurance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Chantilly, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and wanted to set up an interview. Very simple easy process. On the phone screen, the recruiter did not ask me any questions about my experience/resume. I went to the office located in Chantilly VA and it was over an hour presentation about the company, compensation, and how you would fit into the role and different paths at Bankers Life you could take. I am a recent college grad and I declined to continue in the process because it didn't sound like a typical 8-5 job.

Bookkeeper (I Thought) Insurance Agent (In Reality) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Bowie, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

They found my resume on line and called me to come in for an interview. When I asked for which position, as my resume states clearly that I am looking for a Bookkeeping/Accounting Assitant job, I was told that I was being interviewed for "several open positions".
    When I arrived they took my resume from me and gave me a "Career Briefing Survey" to fill out in an ajoining room along with 15 other interviewers.
    This was a waste of my time and I didn't like their recruiting tactics, I found it very DECEPTIVE!

Interview Questions

• Do you have a license to sell insurance?   1 Answer
    • Do you have a license to sell securities?   1 Answer

I'm not interested in Commission Sales. I thought I was being interviewed for a Bookkeeper/Accounting Assistant job!

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Chantilly, VA) in December 2015.

Interview

They call a bunch of people into an interview (about 18) where they tell you briefly what they do, talk it all up light and fluffy. Then if you want to proceed, they bring you back with a smaller bunch of people (about 8) where you have a 2.5-3 hour presentation, where they lie to you about what they offer, and the amounts of money you will make starting out. From there you go to a 1:1 interview where they ask general interview questions, nothing to serious. Then you have to pass the state exam to get the job

Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Fredericksburg, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

I was on 3th level interview. The meeting was held in the company's branch office in Fredericksburg, VA. It started with presentation about Bankers life mission, vision and future goals. We were well informed about the work possibilities and the future benefits of this tape of business. Then the offered position was described in details. At the end we had time for questions.

Interview Questions

• What is my sales experience. When can I start the work. What am I good at. What are my future plans for building my career.   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calverton, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Calverton, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

The first interview is a class room setting
    Where you listen to a agency manager presentation, then you're asked to fill out a questionnaire. Finally, you'll be called in for a second interview with the agency manager and you should have questions prepared, it'll last 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good candidate for a sales agent?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Chantilly, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was scheduled within 15 days after meeting the branch manager at the career fair at school. The interview was face to face, very informal with the Branch manager. Talked about goals and aspirations. He never went into the logisticals about the job until after I had started.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Washington, DC) in October 2014.

Interview

Group interview, simple introduction to everyone, some self question and basically like a first day class in school. All the answer can be search online, its pretty easy. No push, manager was nice, and if you show your confidence you have great chance

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, and next five years?   1 Answer

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Herndon, VA) in July 2014.

Interview

I was invited to come in to one of their offices in VA to learn about the career opportunities. Because I did some research previous to the meeting, I knew the meeting was informational. There were around 15 other people who also came to the meeting. The Manager was very professional and the information was helpful. I did not decide to continue pursuing the opportunity because the jobs is basically based on commissions. He didn't say it straight but by the many things he said that is the resolution I came too, and therefore wasn't interested it anymore.

Interview Questions

• It wasn't difficult as I only came for the informational meeting.   Answer Question