Banner Health Interview Questions in Phoenix, AZ | Glassdoor

2.9

65 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banner Health (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Very short. The man who interviewed me didn't seem interested within the first 5 minutes even though I was qualified and had spent days preparing for the interview. In the end, I'm very glad I didn't get the job. The big takeaway is if they don't respect you in the interview process, they won't respect you as an employee. I really wanted to work for Banner so It was very disappointing but was offered a position at another hospital and had a much better interview process with people who were truly interested in me and not just trying to waste my time.

Interview Questions

• Only a few questions and didn't give any info at banner   1 Answer

Patient Care Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banner Health (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

I put in an application for the labor and delivery unit. I was called a week or so after. They went over hours, job description and if that would work for me and then set up a time for an interview. I interviewed with two managers from the unit they had 12 questions to choose from and asked me six. They were all behavioral based and they don't ask much about you personally so I had to describe my qualities and skills through my answers as well. I got a call back within the next 2 days.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where someone didn't hold up their load of work and how you had to handle that.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Interview

I recently applied to a position at Banner Health. Overall, I did not enjoy the application process, so much so that I am writing this message.

At the end of the application, there is a questionnaire. Many of the questions were either unclear or weren't applicable to the job I applyied for. It was not an enjoyable process feeling like I may be screened out simply because:
    1) There wasn't a suitable answer to a given quesiton.
    2) The question was too ambiguous.
    3) I had to guess an answer because the question wasn't applicable to me.

I came out of the application process feeling like I wasted my time answering so many generic questions (there were ~100 questions). If you need to screen out candidates, please don't make me feel like I'm wasting my time in order for you to do so; it doesn't matter what reasons you have for having each of these questions.

In answering the questionnaire, I accidentally marked a question wrongly and was unable to go back to correct it. I would have no problem with a system that doesn't allow for correction if it wasn't such a long questionnaire.

One of the last questions asks me to explain why I am the best person for this job. Please don't ask my why I am the best person for this job; I don't know the other candidates; I don't know the work culture or the specific tasks. If for some reason you still think this is a good idea to ask this question, please don't only give me 100 characters to make my case.

I know working at Banner Health will be a different experience than the application process, but the application process is the first real glimpse of company culture that applicants get. Utilize that time to show off the culture; do not squander that opportunity by making the application feel dehumanized.

Interview Questions

• Why are you the best person for this job?   1 Answer

Patient Care Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banner Health (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

I spoke with recruiters at Banner University's career fair and was called in for an interview. It was a quick behavioral based interview followed with a tour of the unit. I was called by the recruiter later that day regarding the status of my interview.

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banner Health (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Placed a online application then I had a phone interview. After phone interview , I had interview with two managers. They each asked questions such as tell me about a time when had a stressful issue or tell me about a time you were involved in a committee and someone was not assisting with the project. After all these type of questions then I was asked medical type questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had disagreement with a co worker?   1 Answer

Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banner Health (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, then was passed on to another panel for another phone interview, if continued interest, a personal interview will be scheduled, then an offer will be extended.

CNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banner Health (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online and did a personality quiz the same day, received an email one day later for confirmation of a phone interview and did the phone interview the morning afterwards. During phone interview made an appointment for a person interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation that you felt stressed/pressured? Easy questions if you do your research.   Answer Question

HUC Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banner Health (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got a phone interview. In person interview (2 people) Follow up call 3 days later with offer for hire. Start work in 30 days after all pre employment testing is done..

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Banner Health (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

phone interview was solid, however the actual interview process was very very lengthy and poorly organized. many of the people i was to interview did not make it and I had flown in on a early flight from the east coast. the whole process was 6 hours, many times sitting in a conference room for 1/2hr to 1hr at a time. was not impressed to say the least. i guess i anticipated more for a provider position

Interview Questions

• describe a time you went above and beyond the call of duty for your job?   Answer Question

RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banner Health (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

Online application reviewed by HR before hiring mgr on the floor sees it. Computer will automatically review application, so if you clicked "no" and they were looking for a "yes" the application won't go any further. If you pass this step, HR will contact by phone to ask basic questions about your transportation, where in the hospital the job is, etc., and appointment is made with the hiring manager. One on one, or panel interview will provide scenarios on how you would respond.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example when you went above and beyond and provided excellent nursing care.   1 Answer