Banner Health Registered Nurse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Banner Health Registered Nurse Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2017

2.7

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Banner Health in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online at banner health career website and was scheduled for a phone interview. After that I was scheduled for a panel interview and waited for a week for the result..overall it was a nice experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you went above or beyond your call of duty.   Answer Question
  • Have you experienced a time when you have a conflict with your colleague and what did you do to solve it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Banner Health

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banner Health (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Fairly easy, typical interview process for an RN. Have references available, make sure license is up to date and active. Must take drug test. Applied on-line, got a phone call shortly after. Overall an easy experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience? How do you deal with difficult situations or people?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Banner Health (Gilbert, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

Initially a recruiter calls and screens you via telephone. They then set you up for an interview with the hiring managers and give you the time, date and place of meeting. Panel interview by three department heads. Two different units were interviewing candidates for accurate fit/placement.

Interview Questions

• All managers were very pleasant, professional, and engaging. They took turns asking the questions and then gave me a tour of one unit at the end of the interview session. I was called back with an offer within an hour after leaving the facility!   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations were offered...they stated salary and unit/position they wanted me for. The base wage or starting wage is competitive and comparable to my highest ranked organization so I accepted the offer immediately.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banner Health (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

two managers began with casual conversation, asked about me as a person. they said tell us whatever you want about yourself, could be professional or personal. After 10 min or so they said now they will begin the interview and referred to questions on a form they both held.

Anonymous Employee in Greeley, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banner Health (Greeley, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call for a brief phone interview within a week of applying. This was followed by an in-person interview with the department head. Very undiscriminating and I didn't feel a lot of pressure. It was a good conversation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Banner Health (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Questions are mostly behavioral. Panel interview with three managers. They have a list of questions approximately 6-8 questions. Relaxed atmosphere. Fee questions about clinical experience. The interview lasted for 30-45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What was thre most challenginn experience you had and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Banner Health (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Took about two weeks to get a call from HR. HR asked about five easy questions about background and history. Scheduled an in person interview for the unit with the nurse manager and CNL.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Questions: Tell us about a time in which you and a coworker came from different backgrounds and didn't get along. How did you deal with the co-worker and what is the end result?   Answer Question
    • a few on patient safety.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banner Health.

Interview

Behavior based questions, about 20 of them. Not too difficult, but it probably is better to have an answer for each question, than to not. just say strong key words that they are looking for, like quality, driven, excellence. they look for these three things while interviewing: Energy, enthusiasm, and excitement.

Negotiation

not much room for negotiation

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Banner Health.

Interview

Filled out plenty of online applications. Was under review for about 3 weeks. Was called in to come and interview. Met with a recruiter first and answered basic questions, preferred schedule, any weekly obligations, etc. Also had to answer how I will uphold their mission statement. I met with 2 unit managers from 2 different units and answered about 7 or 8 questions. Very simple. Just no chemistry with the unit managers. It was a mass interview they were interviewing people from 7 am to 5 pm and i felt they were bored by the time it was my turn.

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banner Health (Mesa, AZ) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online from my phone after quitting my previous job and was called writhing 2 hours for an interview. I showed up the next day and was asked some scenario questions then given a job offer. I started training within two weeks.

Interview Questions

• What is the last department you worked in a hospital?   1 Answer