Banque Nationale du Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Banque Nationale du Canada Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada (Ontario, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Got a phone interview
    Then a one-on-one interview
    Then a one-on-one with the branch manager.

The interviews were very easy but the last interview with the branch manager was something else... He was SO incredibly rude, did not make me feel comfortable AT ALL and after interviewing me, he said he was looking for someone who knows how to build client relations and since ive only worked in big companies he didnt think i could get the job done. I got a call a few days later asking me to come in to sign a job offer and i refused it. If this branch didnt want me in the first place, i wasnt about to accept the positon. Maybe it was my single experience but national bank needs to train their employees on how to give interviews. The people at the branch were also very rude to me, i felt unwelcomed. Glad i dodged a bullet! Never settle for a job, keep searching til you find the right one for yourself where you are treated with respect :)

Interview Questions

• Sell me this pen

Tell me about a time when you didnt finish a task
      Answer Question

Rude manager, unwelcoming employees

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

I had 2 interviews, the first one was a phone interview with an HR recruit and then the second one was in person with the branch manager. HR interview was pretty straight forward - just asking you tell them about yourself, work history, availability, scenario questions, what you know about the company and their products. The interview I had with the branch manager were pleasant experiences. They try not ask the same questions and switch it up. Because I've had previous experience being a CSR at another financial institution, the questions can get quite in-depth and lengthy. Both interviewers were very nice and professional. They were on time and even though they went with an internal employee instead, they still let all applicants know whether or not they got the job and thanked them. This whole process took about a week and a half.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard/average questions such as:
      Tell me about yourself.
      Why do you want to work here and what do you bring to the table?
      What do you know about our company?
      How would you handle a high pressure environment with deadlines and sales goals?
      Tell me about a difficult situation you had with an angry client and how did you solve it?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years and how do you plan on achieving those goals?
      Name a time you had conflict with another co-worker and how was it resolved?
      Can you sell me this pen?
      Answer Question

Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Did the online application and after a week or so I received an email saying that I got the first-round interview. I had two interviewers and they were extremely friendly.

Interview Questions

• It was behavioural based interview. Just a full of standard BI questions that you can find easily by googling.   Answer Question

Customer Services Representative (Contact Centre) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Got a phone call the next day, everything was in French. Not fluent but can converse pretty well. HR was nice but I had a feeling I won't get the offer. Read online that only people who are fluent (mother tongue) in French can get in. A week later it say I didn't fit in. Which was not surprising. Even if you have 6-10 years of Customer Service experience, if you can't speak fluent French forget applying at National Bank.

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

Interview

The first twenty minutes was spent reviewing my resume. After that the interviewer had a series of questions about how I would handle various scenarios -- technical issues, collaboration issues, and crisis and problems. There was an opportunity to ask questions about the bank. There were three questions for me about the bank just to check if I had done any research about the institution.

Interview Questions

• I had a technical test on both databases and Unix. It was extensive and covered many issues. You do need to know the technology that they are hiring you for but they also are reassuring that they don't expect anyone to score 100%.   Answer Question

Personal Banking Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

Mine lasted about 90 minutes. Mostly behavioral questions. Nothing too unexpected. At the end of the interview they will ask you to wrap up the entire thing with a 90 seconds elevator pitch on why you would be the best candidate for the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince a regular customer to keep doing business with you?   Answer Question

Project Manager, Real Estate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

I have noticed the posting from Indeed. I applied online on the company's website. Then got a phone interview a week later with HR recruiter. Two weeks later got an interview in person at headquarters with the manager only. For sure it helps that I worked there several years ago in another position. The management know about me. The manager felt confident I would be a good choice even if I don't have a lot of experience as a Project Manager. I still have to wait for his call.

Interview Questions

• How did you react in a situation with a client that was difficult?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

Hiring process was not very difficult. Had a quick phone interview, then scheduled a one on one. Came in, got a call back couple days later, job was offered. Signing of contacts took a little long, but overall not too difficult of a process

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult situation you had with a coworker. How did you deal with it.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada.

Interview

Easy and seamless. Began with the phone screening interview with HR based in Montreal. Then met with the Manager for a 2nd interview and the 3rd interview with the branch manager, another employee and manager.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions as an entry level position. Interested in understanding why you wish to work and if you would grow within the industry and bank.   Answer Question

Compliance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada.

Interview

one phone interview with HR and two interviews in person. First one was around a half an hour and the other two were an hour each. HR is good and has a good transition process.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions (why do you want to work here?, experience, etc.)   Answer Question