Banque Nationale du Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 11, 2017

2.9

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

I had 2 interviews, the first one was a phone interview with an HR recruit and then the second one was in person with the branch manager. HR interview was pretty straight forward - just asking you tell them about yourself, work history, availability, scenario questions, what you know about the company and their products. The interview I had with the branch manager were pleasant experiences. They try not ask the same questions and switch it up. Because I've had previous experience being a CSR at another financial institution, the questions can get quite in-depth and lengthy. Both interviewers were very nice and professional. They were on time and even though they went with an internal employee instead, they still let all applicants know whether or not they got the job and thanked them. This whole process took about a week and a half.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard/average questions such as:
      Tell me about yourself.
      Why do you want to work here and what do you bring to the table?
      What do you know about our company?
      How would you handle a high pressure environment with deadlines and sales goals?
      Tell me about a difficult situation you had with an angry client and how did you solve it?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years and how do you plan on achieving those goals?
      Name a time you had conflict with another co-worker and how was it resolved?
      Can you sell me this pen?
      Answer Question

Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Did the online application and after a week or so I received an email saying that I got the first-round interview. I had two interviewers and they were extremely friendly.

Interview Questions

• It was behavioural based interview. Just a full of standard BI questions that you can find easily by googling.   Answer Question

Customer Services Representative (Contact Centre) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Got a phone call the next day, everything was in French. Not fluent but can converse pretty well. HR was nice but I had a feeling I won't get the offer. Read online that only people who are fluent (mother tongue) in French can get in. A week later it say I didn't fit in. Which was not surprising. Even if you have 6-10 years of Customer Service experience, if you can't speak fluent French forget applying at National Bank.

Personal Banking Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

Mine lasted about 90 minutes. Mostly behavioral questions. Nothing too unexpected. At the end of the interview they will ask you to wrap up the entire thing with a 90 seconds elevator pitch on why you would be the best candidate for the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince a regular customer to keep doing business with you?   Answer Question

Project Manager, Real Estate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

I have noticed the posting from Indeed. I applied online on the company's website. Then got a phone interview a week later with HR recruiter. Two weeks later got an interview in person at headquarters with the manager only. For sure it helps that I worked there several years ago in another position. The management know about me. The manager felt confident I would be a good choice even if I don't have a lot of experience as a Project Manager. I still have to wait for his call.

Interview Questions

• How did you react in a situation with a client that was difficult?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada in January 2016.

Interview

It was a fairly standard interview process with mostly behavioural questions and some basic technically more related to logical understanding of the economy. May grill you more if you say that you have strong knowledge of financial modelling or financial markets. The second round interview was very exhausting, 3 back to back 15 minute interviews with different groups. Make sure to know what you want to work in and why before you go in!

Analyst & Associate Sales & Trading and Investment Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

I had two interviews, one 20 minute in-person interview in Toronto and the other consisted of three 15 minute (back-to-back) phone interviews (they were supposed to be Skype interviews but Skype was not working).

At the in-person interview there was two interviewers. It felt quite laid-back, they were mostly focused on getting to know more about me outside what was written on my resume/cover letter. There were several standard behavioural questions. No questions really caught me off guard given the position I was being interviewed for.

The three phone interviews were each with two people. Each of the three interviews focused on something different. One was focused on getting to know more about my qualifications for the job. The next was mostly technical questions. And the final one was focused on the extra curricular activities I do outside school and work.

For this position they were looking for people who did not have a finance background. They asked very few technical questions because of this and the technical questions that were asked were very basic concepts you could learn by quickly skimming an introductory finance book.

Interview Questions

• Explain something you have read recently in financial news   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process started with a cold call from a recruiter. It then proceeded to a few conversations on email and ultimately to a face-to-face meeting. This was the first interview which lasted an hour. Moved on to an interview with the hiring manager which also lasted around 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot of questions about management approach and culture questions   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

Overall very smooth interview process with a large focus on markets related trends. Also, the firm had a large focus on behavioral questions. In order to prepare for the interview I'd recommend brushing up on standard investment banking technicals and HOW they apply to the markets. Also, if you are interviewing in Toronto, I'd recommend having a stock pitch prepared on a TSX related company.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what is the current oil price (referring to WTI, etc.)   Answer Question

Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2013.

Interview

HR phone interview, Hiring manager interview, Hiring team director interview