Banque Nationale du Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 9, 2017

2.7

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

The first twenty minutes was spent reviewing my resume. After that the interviewer had a series of questions about how I would handle various scenarios -- technical issues, collaboration issues, and crisis and problems. There was an opportunity to ask questions about the bank. There were three questions for me about the bank just to check if I had done any research about the institution.

Interview Questions

• I had a technical test on both databases and Unix. It was extensive and covered many issues. You do need to know the technology that they are hiring you for but they also are reassuring that they don't expect anyone to score 100%.   Answer Question

Personal Finance Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in November 2012.

Interview

I applied through a university fair to a much lower position. They called me for this position and I notified them I wasn't qualified but they said I should come in anyways. I went to the first interview with a regional manager and a branch manager. Didn't go well obviously.

Interview Questions

• Case: what would I recommend to a person in a given situation in terms of portfolio.   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2011.

Interview

phone, one on one and then panel interview

CSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in June 2009.

Interview

Phone Interview
    1 on 1 interview
    Interview with Director
    Background check

Adjointe Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

Il y a tout d'abord une entrevue téléphonique, ensuite des tests, puis une entrevue avec le gestionnaire. Il se passe quand même beaucoup de temps entre les étapes et il faut garder patience. Comme ils sont très occupés, les suivis sont plus ou moins bien faits.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Je n'ai pas négocié l'offre d'emploi mais je sais que d'autres l'ont fait. Si c'était à refaire je négocierais le nombre de semaines de vacances et le salaire à la hausse.

chargé de développement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Entrevue sur place à Montréal, avec 2 personnes. Pas de questions piège, revue habituelle des expériences passées et des problèmes rencontrés/solutions apportées.
    Les interviewers étaient sympatiques. L'entrevue a probablement duré environ une heure.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process wasn't too difficult. I applied online, got a phone call, set up the interview the next day and got the job. They're very keen on getting through the interviews as quick as possible, take your time.

Investment Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2013.

Interview

Typical process: over the phone, then in person. Pretty superficial questions about the stocks market and scenario situations. You'll have 2 people (manager and agent) and they'all take turn asking questions.
    Have a good general knowledge of National bank direct brokerage products and services since they want to see if you did some research about the company.

Interview Questions

• Scenario questions in which "what would you do" of an investor called..   Answer Question

Customer Services Representative (Contact Centre) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

Interview

I applied online. Got a phone call the next day, everything was in French. Not fluent but can converse pretty well. HR was nice but I had a feeling I won't get the offer. Read online that only people who are fluent (mother tongue) in French can get in. A week later it say I didn't fit in. Which was not surprising. Even if you have 6-10 years of Customer Service experience, if you can't speak fluent French forget applying at National Bank.

Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Did the online application and after a week or so I received an email saying that I got the first-round interview. I had two interviewers and they were extremely friendly.

Interview Questions

• It was behavioural based interview. Just a full of standard BI questions that you can find easily by googling.   Answer Question