Banque Nationale du Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Banque Nationale du Canada Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2017

2.7

Account Manager Interview

Interview

A 3 steps process usually: phone interview with HR, then first interview with HR and management, and a third interview with management and upper-management. Classic questions related to the position: sales experience, client relationship abilities, closing abilities, credit risk knowledge, corporate finance and accounting knowledge is an asset. Personal questions were asked regarding past experiences, strengths and weaknesses. They conclude the interview by asking me salaries expectations.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada.

Interview

Open house interview about 10 min

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada.

Interview

Apply online.

Begins with a phone interview usually.

Then one-on-one interview with HR..basic behavioral questions.

2nd interview usually with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had many priorities to manage, how did you handle this situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Personal Banker Interview

Interview

Very smooth and clear of what the expections where. People are very nice

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada (Ontario, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Got a phone interview
    Then a one-on-one interview
    Then a one-on-one with the branch manager.

The interviews were very easy but the last interview with the branch manager was something else... He was SO incredibly rude, did not make me feel comfortable AT ALL and after interviewing me, he said he was looking for someone who knows how to build client relations and since ive only worked in big companies he didnt think i could get the job done. I got a call a few days later asking me to come in to sign a job offer and i refused it. If this branch didnt want me in the first place, i wasnt about to accept the positon. Maybe it was my single experience but national bank needs to train their employees on how to give interviews. The people at the branch were also very rude to me, i felt unwelcomed. Glad i dodged a bullet! Never settle for a job, keep searching til you find the right one for yourself where you are treated with respect :)

Interview Questions

• Sell me this pen

Tell me about a time when you didnt finish a task   Answer Question

Rude manager, unwelcoming employees

Senior QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

Easy. The are a bit slow to hire a person. They seem not to be in a rush. They dont ask very technical questions but look more a the personality of the future employee.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply at the National Bank   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not so much negotiation. The have a salary range for the job they post.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview (very general), then in person (more precise, but still pretty casual). The in person interview was very easy as they seemed to have already "approved" me after the phone interview. They only wanted to check if I was available to start soon and if I would be a good fit for the team.

Interview Questions

• My areas of interests, work experience, situations in which I had to face difficulties.   Answer Question

Project Manager, Real Estate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

I have noticed the posting from Indeed. I applied online on the company's website. Then got a phone interview a week later with HR recruiter. Two weeks later got an interview in person at headquarters with the manager only. For sure it helps that I worked there several years ago in another position. The management know about me. The manager felt confident I would be a good choice even if I don't have a lot of experience as a Project Manager. I still have to wait for his call.

Interview Questions

• How did you react in a situation with a client that was difficult?   1 Answer

Financial Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

Must go through a phone interview, then manager plus branch manager and lastly interview with the associate vice president. Client facing experience is necessary. They will take you on without your financial planning designation, however, the pay grade is one level less. You have better negotiating power if you already have a client base and experience with a portfolio

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a client who is twice your age and doesn't trust you to be their financial planner?   Answer Question

Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2013.

Interview

HR phone interview, Hiring manager interview, Hiring team director interview