Banque Nationale du Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Banque Nationale du Canada Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2017

2.7

CSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in June 2009.

Interview

Phone Interview
    1 on 1 interview
    Interview with Director
    Background check

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2011.

Interview

phone, one on one and then panel interview

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2011.

Interview

- Introduction by the recruiter (education, career/history with the firm)
    - Candidate introduction with regular walk through resume, mostly focused on education and professional background
    - Technical questions related to valuation methods, accounting
    - Pitch of a bullish/bearish stock/industry with argumentation to why choosing the particular stock/industry over others
    - Behavioral questions
    - Chance to ask questions to recruiter

Interview Questions

• Can you think of a situation where a company would have a negative cash conversion cycle?   Answer Question

Sales & Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2011.

Interview

2 one-on-one interviews with my current boss.

Interview Questions

• How long would it take you to get to the office in the morning.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in August 2008.

Interview

2 interviews - standard questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Vacation days were negotiable

Account Manager Interview

Interview

A 3 steps process usually: phone interview with HR, then first interview with HR and management, and a third interview with management and upper-management. Classic questions related to the position: sales experience, client relationship abilities, closing abilities, credit risk knowledge, corporate finance and accounting knowledge is an asset. Personal questions were asked regarding past experiences, strengths and weaknesses. They conclude the interview by asking me salaries expectations.

Finance Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in October 2012.

Interview

We arrange an interview with the previous intern as well as the manager. We look over the resume, ask what I am capable of. The intern went over the works he's doing and we discusses about some possible role I would have to learn and do.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in December 2012.

Interview

So the hiring manager calls me, we setup an interview date. Come interview day, the meeting goes really well and the manager gives me positive feedback.

Then after many unreturned phone calls and emails, the trail goes cold. One week passes, then two, then three. What is up National Bank ??

I'm very disappointed to say the least. Speaking with friends that work at National Bank, not answering the phone and not returning repeated contacts appears to be standard operating procedure for letting a candidate know they are not accepted.

Obviously, I would not apply to work at National Bank again.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any particularly difficult questions, it was a standard difficulty interview.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada.

Interview

Open house interview about 10 min

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada.

Interview

Apply online.

Begins with a phone interview usually.

Then one-on-one interview with HR..basic behavioral questions.

2nd interview usually with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had many priorities to manage, how did you handle this situation?   Answer Question