Banque Nationale du Canada/National Bank of Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Banque Nationale du Canada/National Bank of Canada Interview Questions

Interviews at Banque Nationale du Canada/National Bank of Canada

2.7

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada/National Bank of Canada (Ontario, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Got a phone interview
    Then a one-on-one interview
    Then a one-on-one with the branch manager.

The interviews were very easy but the last interview with the branch manager was something else... He was SO incredibly rude, did not make me feel comfortable AT ALL and after interviewing me, he said he was looking for someone who knows how to build client relations and since ive only worked in big companies he didnt think i could get the job done. I got a call a few days later asking me to come in to sign a job offer and i refused it. If this branch didnt want me in the first place, i wasnt about to accept the positon. Maybe it was my single experience but national bank needs to train their employees on how to give interviews. The people at the branch were also very rude to me, i felt unwelcomed. Glad i dodged a bullet! Never settle for a job, keep searching til you find the right one for yourself where you are treated with respect :)

Interview Questions

• Sell me this pen

Tell me about a time when you didnt finish a task   1 Answer

Rude manager, unwelcoming employees

Senior Advisor - WebAdmin Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada/National Bank of Canada (Anchorage, AK) in September 2017.

Interview

Online interview process, with curriculum attached and answers to various items regarding the current situation, availability, place of origin, educational level, cities that can act, various positions and available functions and time of experience.

Interview Questions

• Answers to various items regarding the current situation, availability, place of origin, educational level, cities that can act, various positions and available functions and time of experience full.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada/National Bank of Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in December 2012.

Interview

So the hiring manager calls me, we setup an interview date. Come interview day, the meeting goes really well and the manager gives me positive feedback.

Then after many unreturned phone calls and emails, the trail goes cold. One week passes, then two, then three. What is up National Bank ??

I'm very disappointed to say the least. Speaking with friends that work at National Bank, not answering the phone and not returning repeated contacts appears to be standard operating procedure for letting a candidate know they are not accepted.

Obviously, I would not apply to work at National Bank again.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any particularly difficult questions, it was a standard difficulty interview.   Answer Question

IT Department Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada/National Bank of Canada.

Interview

the questions were Friendly questions. No real trick questions. Nothing too difficult. More to learn about you and your style to see if you fit the culture more than the business or background. english and french both spoken.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada/National Bank of Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview (very general), then in person (more precise, but still pretty casual). The in person interview was very easy as they seemed to have already "approved" me after the phone interview. They only wanted to check if I was available to start soon and if I would be a good fit for the team.

Interview Questions

• My areas of interests, work experience, situations in which I had to face difficulties.   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada/National Bank of Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2011.

Interview

phone, one on one and then panel interview

Account Manager Interview

Interview

A 3 steps process usually: phone interview with HR, then first interview with HR and management, and a third interview with management and upper-management. Classic questions related to the position: sales experience, client relationship abilities, closing abilities, credit risk knowledge, corporate finance and accounting knowledge is an asset. Personal questions were asked regarding past experiences, strengths and weaknesses. They conclude the interview by asking me salaries expectations.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada/National Bank of Canada (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2011.

Interview

This was several years ago, but I had a phone interview with one of the best brokers, who was looking for an assistant, and he then invited me for an in-person. After the in-person meeting, I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to get into the finance industry? What are your career ambitions? Have you worked with Microsoft Office in a work setting? Why is finance a passion of yours? Do you consider yourself a social person?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada/National Bank of Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in March 2012.

Interview

Multiple level interview process,Behavioral interview questions such as talk to me about a situation where you where object of criticism, had a conflict situation to manage , a situation where had to be creative in finding a solution, show planning aptitude in working in a fast changing environment. The interview 1st with HR and management than with Management and peers

Interview Questions

• Typical HR questions for the job level. Expectations, strengths, what would bring as an added value, what are your plan to address the challenges, walk me through your profile.   Answer Question

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada/National Bank of Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

The first twenty minutes was spent reviewing my resume. After that the interviewer had a series of questions about how I would handle various scenarios -- technical issues, collaboration issues, and crisis and problems. There was an opportunity to ask questions about the bank. There were three questions for me about the bank just to check if I had done any research about the institution.

Interview Questions

• I had a technical test on both databases and Unix. It was extensive and covered many issues. You do need to know the technology that they are hiring you for but they also are reassuring that they don't expect anyone to score 100%.   Answer Question