Banque Nationale du Canada/National Bank of Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Banque Nationale du Canada/National Bank of Canada Interview Questions

Updated Oct 10, 2017

2.7

Senior Advisor - WebAdmin Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada/National Bank of Canada (Anchorage, AK) in September 2017.

Interview

Online interview process, with curriculum attached and answers to various items regarding the current situation, availability, place of origin, educational level, cities that can act, various positions and available functions and time of experience.

Interview Questions

• Answers to various items regarding the current situation, availability, place of origin, educational level, cities that can act, various positions and available functions and time of experience full.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada/National Bank of Canada (Ontario, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Got a phone interview
    Then a one-on-one interview
    Then a one-on-one with the branch manager.

The interviews were very easy but the last interview with the branch manager was something else... He was SO incredibly rude, did not make me feel comfortable AT ALL and after interviewing me, he said he was looking for someone who knows how to build client relations and since ive only worked in big companies he didnt think i could get the job done. I got a call a few days later asking me to come in to sign a job offer and i refused it. If this branch didnt want me in the first place, i wasnt about to accept the positon. Maybe it was my single experience but national bank needs to train their employees on how to give interviews. The people at the branch were also very rude to me, i felt unwelcomed. Glad i dodged a bullet! Never settle for a job, keep searching til you find the right one for yourself where you are treated with respect :)

Interview Questions

• Sell me this pen

Tell me about a time when you didnt finish a task   Answer Question

Rude manager, unwelcoming employees

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada/National Bank of Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

interview with one manager, one coach in the team BI. general questions about the job postings answered by the manager, exchange pertaining to the qualifications from the applicant. have to talk about the past challenge you have handled, before taking a skill review with the team coach, skill requested focus on the VBA Excel and Access general functions.

Interview Questions

• quel est le defi avez vous connu durant la periode de votre dernier poste?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative (Frontline Advisor) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada/National Bank of Canada (Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied this part-time position posted on Workopolis on May 26. The CS manager called me on June 2. After learning about my current job and the reason to apply the new position, she gave me an interview on June 5. The manager sent me an email and invited me for a second interview with her manger on June 9, which means the job is almost guaranteed.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dorval, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada/National Bank of Canada (Dorval, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Phone screening then on site interview with a cocky manager. He barely explained the job and left a lot of ambiguity. He started to ask questions and wanted specific answers for a job that wasn't properly introduced in first place.

Interview Questions

• If you want to do a delivery and you promised you will do it in certain time and you found that you cant what will you do?   Answer Question

Banque Nationale du Canada/National Bank of Canada Response

May 26, 2017 – Gestion des talents/Talent management

Thank you for taking the time to describe your experience. We are committed to provide a great candidate experience and will make sure to address your comment.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada/National Bank of Canada (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

i applied online. after 2weeks, got a phone call for on site 45 mins interview. Interviewers: One customer service representative manager and one branch manager. They had a list of questions, they asked one by one. They are easy-going and like to have conversation with you.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. about yourself past experience, teamwork, weakness and salary expectation.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada/National Bank of Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

I had 2 interviews, the first one was a phone interview with an HR recruit and then the second one was in person with the branch manager. HR interview was pretty straight forward - just asking you tell them about yourself, work history, availability, scenario questions, what you know about the company and their products. The interview I had with the branch manager were pleasant experiences. They try not ask the same questions and switch it up. Because I've had previous experience being a CSR at another financial institution, the questions can get quite in-depth and lengthy. Both interviewers were very nice and professional. They were on time and even though they went with an internal employee instead, they still let all applicants know whether or not they got the job and thanked them. This whole process took about a week and a half.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard/average questions such as:
      Tell me about yourself.
      Why do you want to work here and what do you bring to the table?
      What do you know about our company?
      How would you handle a high pressure environment with deadlines and sales goals?
      Tell me about a difficult situation you had with an angry client and how did you solve it?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years and how do you plan on achieving those goals?
      Name a time you had conflict with another co-worker and how was it resolved?
      Can you sell me this pen?   Answer Question

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada/National Bank of Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

The first twenty minutes was spent reviewing my resume. After that the interviewer had a series of questions about how I would handle various scenarios -- technical issues, collaboration issues, and crisis and problems. There was an opportunity to ask questions about the bank. There were three questions for me about the bank just to check if I had done any research about the institution.

Interview Questions

• I had a technical test on both databases and Unix. It was extensive and covered many issues. You do need to know the technology that they are hiring you for but they also are reassuring that they don't expect anyone to score 100%.   Answer Question

Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada/National Bank of Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Did the online application and after a week or so I received an email saying that I got the first-round interview. I had two interviewers and they were extremely friendly.

Interview Questions

• It was behavioural based interview. Just a full of standard BI questions that you can find easily by googling.   Answer Question

Customer Services Representative (Contact Centre) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

Interview

I applied online. Got a phone call the next day, everything was in French. Not fluent but can converse pretty well. HR was nice but I had a feeling I won't get the offer. Read online that only people who are fluent (mother tongue) in French can get in. A week later it say I didn't fit in. Which was not surprising. Even if you have 6-10 years of Customer Service experience, if you can't speak fluent French forget applying at National Bank.