Barclaycard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Barclaycard

2.9

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Barclaycard (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

Clean, clear concise questioning that focused primarily on how my background matched the qualifications. Placed a priority on reasons for wanting to work for this company. The interviewer was an HR staff person who had a very professional approach that made me feel at ease.

Interview Questions

• How do I feel my background matches the job's qualifications   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barclaycard (Wilmington, DE) in December 2016.

Interview

After a participating as a finalist in the OpenBracket Delaware competition, I was invited to interview with Barclays. The recruiter set up a phone interview with a hiring manager. The call never came, and after 4 days, there is still no explanation. This is very unprofessional, and I suspect they are self-centered people who consider applicants (and hence employees) as mere monkeys.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Barclaycard (Wilmington, DE) in May 2015.

Interview

I submitted the application form. A month or two later I heard back that I was selected for a phone interview. The phone interview happened the next day. There were two people interviewing me from the team with which I would be working. It lasted about 30 minutes. I received an offer the next day.

Senior Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Barclaycard (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

Interview was straight forward. I applied online on the company's website and got a call from the recruiter 3 weeks after that. This was followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. A week after that, I was invited for an on-site interview. The on-site interview comprised of 3 one-on-one interviews- One with hiring manager, another with an associate on the team and a final one with a VP of another team. I received my offer 2 weeks after the on-site interview. The whole process- from applying online to receiving the offer, took a total of 7 weeks.

The Delaware office is very nice with all the latest amenities. The employees and managers are also very friendly. It is conveniently located next to the train station. The HR was also very efficient in all the travel and logistics booking.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were behavioral. There was one case interview which was related to the business.   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rio Rancho, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Barclaycard (Rio Rancho, NM) in May 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview first with the recruiter, a few days later came on site for a face to face interview had to do a business presentation and then a fun presentation. Then it was a panel interview between different parts of the company.

Interview Questions

• What I brought to the company?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Barclaycard (Wilmington, DE) in January 2010.

Interview

Contacted by Temp Svc, right after graduation, the HR person called within a week to schedule phone interview, one the scheduled day she called one half hour late and seemed hurried. Ask typical questions and said she would get back to me. Never called back but got news of hire int he mail.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself after 5 years with this company?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Sent in a letter to my home. Respond or decline.

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Barclaycard.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn. 3 phone interviews, with team leader, team member and VP respectively. Then Online Quant Test (Questions are not hard but tricky, you should be fast). Then on-site interview, 5 hours, 4 different people (very friendly attitude - behavioral or background questions mostly ), and a written and an oral SAS test and a case study (basic math, nothing to do with the role) discussion.

Interview Questions

• Probability and likelihood questions. SAS questions weren't really easy (no codding). What does this function/statement do? What would be the output? For this output what would be the code?   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Barclaycard (South Wilmington, DE) in December 2011.

Interview

Phone interview through an agency lead to an on-site with the company. Interviewed by two employees at simultaneously. Mostly went through my background from most recent job. Very relaxed. THe employees provided some insight into the culture and position responsibilities

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe the projects I worked on and to provide examples of some PM practices.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclaycard (Whippany, NJ) in February 2019.

Interview

Interview process was a complete mess. Recruiter I had was so out of touch - he didn't care to communicate change in scheduling of my interview. Got a call after 2 weeks saying the feedback was positive. I excitedly expressed my interest in moving ahead and the recruiter went dead silent for 2 weeks again. Called and emailed the recruiter and he started asking my last name/first name to recollect who i was. It seemed like i was talking to a customer service rep rather than a professional recruiter who should be on top of the game. I was promised a final word in 2 days and it's been 3 weeks now with dead silence again from recruiter. Such a bad experience with recruiting division. I can imagine how the company must be organized if the recruiter (face of the company) is so disorganized and out of loop.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclaycard (Wilmington, DE) in March 2016.

Interview

Easy to work with to schedule and pleasant, comfortable atmosphere. Multiple 1:1 interviews with different levels, peer and management set up via the agency I went through. Followup process was completed within days with an offer.