Barclays AVP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barclays AVP Interview Questions

Interviews at Barclays

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

They had an initial phone/linkedin discussion and then a coding interview. By far, the worst process I have ever seen. They reached out to me with an exciting email about the position and if am interested I had to complete a coding challenge which would take 3-4 hours. They sent it to me the next week after initial chat and the coding challenge took about 3 hours. There was no feedback after that until i asked for it. After 4-5 days, i got a standard rejection email. From my perspective, I had done the coding challenge well and the least I would expect is to get some feedback on my coding as I have spent 3 hours for that test. In spite of repeatedly asking, they never got back to me with the feedback. Now coming to something more worse, i was reached out again after 2 months as some other position opened up. Again I was pretty excited and there were emails back and forth. Suddenly the recruiter stopped responding to the emails for no reason whatsoever. Extremely disappointing interview process with no basic etiquette from the recruiting team.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Wilmington, DE) in July 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by a Barclays recruiter and applied for the job. My first interview was supposed to be with the hiring manager but 15 minutes after the start time no one had called me yet. I e-mailed the recruiter and within a minute of hitting send I got a call but it was not the hiring manager. In fact it was someone that was very difficult to understand on the phone which made it very challenging. Very unprofessional. Heck, the recruiter ghosted me after that when I e-mailed him about my experience.

Interview Questions

• I don't know, I couldn't understand the person I spoke with.   Answer Question

AVP Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Barclays in March 2019.

Interview

Had two rounds interviews, met with the manager and the director. They were very nice and easy-going. HR has made a verbal offer and now waiting for the official offer letter.

Interview Questions

• mostly behavioral interview questions   1 Answer

AVP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Barclays (Chennai (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

Initial screening with HR followed by interview with hiring manager followed by onshore stakeholders round through video conference and final face to face with director and final HR round and offer was rolled out subsequently

AVP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Barclays (Mumbai (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

Resume screening followed by telephonic interview. Face to face technical interview and then face to face interview for business understanding and cultural fit. Final round is conducted by business head and HR head

Interview Questions

• How do you access performance of Credit business?   1 Answer

AVP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barclays (Pune (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

I was called by ReisHR Recruitment agency for only core java requirement. The interview was in Pune. I was in Mumbai. The Agency made my travel arrangement. I attended the interview in EON park , Kharadi, Pune, India.
    First round was objective questions + 1 question on writing code for comparing if 2 list contains the same sets of element or not.
    I cleared it. the next round was technical round. This was taken by 1 women "Techy".

Interview Questions

• What i have analysed is if interviewer finds by reading your resume that the person can be threat to his/her own position then they start asking strange questions or grilling you in just 1 point. As the future is not so bright for IT engineer's so people start to safeguard their interest.

1) The first question she asked me was what is hashmap and then started grilling on that
       for example how it is implemented , how hash is generated etc etc. She grilled me about 15 mins on hashmap only
      2) Then she asked question on difference between Notify and Notifyall . Then again she started grilling me on that like which thread will be pick up on Notify etc etc.

thats it only 2 question and grilling around that. This interview lasted for 25-30 mins.

1) the first question was asked around Hashmap. (Such questions are used to grill the person rather   1 Answer

AVP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Barclays (Pune (India)) in February 2018.

Interview

Today I went Barclay's Pune EON IT Park office for the interview and after sitting there for almost 5 hours my interview doesn't happened. The HR hiring panel is so worst and carried no manners how to treat with the people. They were screaming on the people and for many people they lost their resume as well. So I must say and suggest Barclay's to improve toward this area as it is impacting their business reputation. The HR people were not able to handle the recruitment and even they don't have the proper arrangement of the interview panel.

Barclays Response

Nov 7, 2018 – AVP - HR

Thank you for taking the time out to post your review. We are really disappointed that you have had such a poor experience at a recruitment event and have taken steps to improve this in future.

AVP Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Three rounds interview, mostly technical based and competency based questions, the interview agreed to meet informally afterwards when I reached out to ask a few additional questions, that was really nice.

AVP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Pune (India)) in March 2013.

Interview

Written test on Java and advanced java mainly covering all topics followed by two rounds of technical discussions.
    This was followed by MD level round which was a free discussion. The idea is to understand how much knowledge person have about Investment banking and if he can understand the lingo

Interview Questions

• How to debug production issues
      Scenario based architecture and technology stacks to choose
      What all possible technologies can be leveraged to achieve same objective
      Knowledge about few other tools like FIX engine, RealTick System
      Written test
      Mainly details about the answers
      Architecture questions
      Production issues
      Tools used like eclipse debugger, JProfiler, Code quality tools
      Latest developments in Java, FIX connectivity, Market data   1 Answer

Barclays Response

Nov 7, 2018 – AVP - HR

Thank you for taking the time out to post your review. We appreciate your feedback.

AVP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in September 2018.

Interview

Screening interview with a guy who probably had questions and answers printed.
    The way questions where formulated were not technical at all the he was expecting a very specific answer.
    Totally unprofessional and I won't apply again.