Barclays Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barclays Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 12, 2017

3.1

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

went to a target school and the bank come to campus every year. nice people and friendly on campus recruiting staff. good experience overall. first round on campus and superday at the firm. within a week. typical like all other bulge bracket.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I initially applied for a contract role in October 2016. The recruiter called me that same day and we chatted. He set me up for a phone interview with the interviewers. I thought the conversation went really well but didn't hear back from the recruiter for about 2 weeks. When I reached out asking for an update, I was told my interviewers were restructuring the role and he would get back to me. About a week later, I received an email letting me know the role would continue as originally posted (no restructuring alas) and I would meet the team in-office.

I greatly enjoyed my conversations and meeting the team. They were very inspirational, super down to earth and smart. One of my interviewers (a VP) told me she thought I'd be a better fit for a permanent analyst-level role and she did a great job selling the opportunity, so I accepted being interviewed further. I appreciated the follow-up calls as well.

I returned for a final interview with the Americas Director and another VP from another division. I left really wanting the job and knew, if extended an offer, I would accept without hesitation. A week later I received a verbal offer. Another week later, I received my formal offer letter and request to submit to a background investigation.

If you accept an offer to join, gird your loins and get ready for the background check process. It is remarkably invasive and extensive. You are asked to give urine for a drug test and the independent group used to conduct background screenings dig incredibly deep in your business. I have nothing to hide but still felt slightly traumatized by the process LOL. It also takes 2+ weeks to complete.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied for investment banking but got an interview (which they werent clear about what it was for until the super day) for role in rotation program in either finance, compliance, legal, technology, or operations. 4 people of various seniority interviewed me for super day. Got offer and told me I will be in finance group (product control, financial control, and other rotations). Interview was long: 30 minutes each but whole day lasted like 5 hours, lots of ivy league competition but they usually don't even have a degree in anything business related so don't worry. Stay friendly and promote your hard work without boasting. If you want to get in finance group then know the economy, basic instruments, and where the market is at and your outlook and why. Personality is most important though! Don't be cockey!

Interview Questions

• Difference between product and financial control, how falling rates affect prepayment risk in mbs/cmo then mostly behavioral like name a time you were on a team where someone disagreed and how did you handle it.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview Questions

• I had my personal belongings stolen, confidential info shared with co workers, had racial insults to leave the country sent to my blackberry and passive aggressive bullied daily. Brought to HR resulting in retaliation and wrongful termination.   1 Answer

Barclays Response

Feb 15, 2016 – Head of Resourcing

I am assuming that this refers to your employment with Barclay's and not your interview process. As we treat all colleague matters with the utmost confidentiality, we are unable to comment on your ... More

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

There were three round, 2 phone and 1 superday. The interviewers were super friendly and I loved the energy of the firm. Things happened really fast, I applied online and got a phone interview in the next week, then after the phone interview I had the superday which was about 1.5 hours and lots of fun.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

As an entry level there is no point in trying at a big bracket.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Newark, DE).

Interview

The hiring process took a long time. Interviews were not bad at all. I was able to bypass most of the process through keeping in constant contact with my hiring manager who then basically considered this correspondence as an interview, life is an interview after all =). Make sure to stay current on financial news, know the company's strengths/weaknesses, be able to sell yourself, research and learn as much about your position as possible.

Negotiation

One could probably negotiate as competitors in the area pay slightly more. However, take into consideration that you will likely get 10+ hours of overtime every week which adds an extra 10-20k to the base salary.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Straightforward, applied through accelerated recruiting. The first round was a phone screen followed by a 2 day on site superday. The first day was group presentations and projects and the second day was 3, 30-min interviews.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume, a DCF, why Barclays, why IB.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview. It was easy, relaxing. Not too tough. I was asked to walk them through my resume. That's about yet.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Entry level, not too much to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through a minority program at college. I did a phone interview and was moved to the next step. The next step was a Boot Camp in the city. After two days, I had a day of interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

I got a random call from a recruiter, who said that my application was submitted for an Analyst position at Barclays Capital through an internal referral. I agreed to interview the following week, which was a first and final round interview, with a current Analyst and the COO. The interview was surprisingly the most laid back interview I've had, with the COO making a few jokes and making friendly conversation here and there and asking very general interview questions. I've had my fingers crossed for the past month, and it took a full month from the day of the interview, to the time HR followed up to me saying they ultimately selected another candidate. Soul crushing result to a great interview experience.

Here are the questions they asked me:
    Why Barclays?
    Why do you want to work in investment banking?
    What responsibilities of this position excite you?
    How do we know you want to stay with Barclays (and not jump to another company)?
    + A few questions specific to my resume