Barclays Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barclays Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Barclays

2.9

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2010.

Interview

Contacted initially by a recruitment consultant, had 2 rounds of interview within a week and a half. Then no communication for 2 weeks. Checked with the consultant who said 'they cannot hire you as an AVP now!'. I mentioned I interviewed for AM and would be happy with that grade. Them there was confusion for a while, before the offer was made.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Barclays (Noida (India)).

Interview

Basically there were three rounds of interview. The first round was a basic one, questions related to CV. The second round was technical and involves interpersonal skills.The last round was based on business skills.

Interview Questions

• Will you do any work given by your senior manager in office which is wrong?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Noida (India)) in January 2011.

Interview

Usually, 2 HR rounds + 2 Manager/ VP rounds + 1 round taken by 2 already working experienced colleagues. But if your are not lucky then you may get an additional bonus round too. HR rounds are also quite technical, may be after a few more years the HR guys would attain CA degrees.

Interview Questions

• Nothing is tough if you really are starving and have already made your mind to take your next step, trust me on that, still prepare well by reading google. A reference may really work out for you, specially if someone is placed at manager or above grade (typical LALA culture), though i wasn't that lucky and have gone through deep grilling.   Answer Question

Negotiation

asked for 40% increment on my present fixed salary, accepted a 35% increase

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Barclays (Noida (India)).

Interview

It was a case study followed by personal interview.
    Case was for a corporate lending decision. Based upon the financials and business outlook, lending decision has to be taken. Cash flow statement was half prepared, some blanks were required to be filled.

Didnt like the way interview was carried. It was head of the department, and sounded really dumb and frustrated out of his life.

It felt that the job is totally donkey's job and you would be hired from Neck down.

No culture for learning or growth.

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Group Discussion was held and then personal interview took place. Questions asked were easy and practical

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (Noida (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

Telephonic interview followed by a face to face then a HR round. Good and simple process. They will try to find the banking knowledge in you. HR process was very slow. After clearing all the rounds and submitting the documents, HR took 3 months to release the offer.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Barclays (Noida (India)) in October 2012.

Interview

Not organised at all. Very time consuming.
    kept waiting. Ambience was not good. Beyond this don't want to say anything.
    Don't remember anymore
    interview process is not organised. they keep sending from one building to another.

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (Noida (India)) in December 2012.

Interview

One to one interview with my hiring manager. There was no HR round, HR spoke to me over the phone for screening me for the interview.

I got to know about clearing the interview, the very next day. Joining was also immediate.

Interview Questions

• Do you about the domain they are hiring for (in my case it was Finance)? They asked basic banking analysis questions also   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary got negotiated by me.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

There was a telephone interview followed the face to face interview. Online assessment -numeric test, verbal test. It took about 2 weeks for them to get back to me. I declined the offer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in February 2019.

Interview

1st thing, I really want appreciate Barclays HR Team and Operations manager who works for today interview Because They have manage around then 500 candidate interview in one day very systematic manner. No one need to spend whole day for interview. They are asking questions only profile releted questions. Interview experience was good.