Barclays Assistant Vice President Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barclays Assistant Vice President Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

I came in one time to speak with the entire team. Easy conversations where they wanted to get to know you to make sure you were the correct fit.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

Unduly lengthy and cumbersome - several rounds of interviews (3) over about 3 months. Initially met with a panel, then came back to meet the manager 1 on 1, then came back to meet the manager's manager 1 on 1, then came back again to meet the manager.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

Interview process was standard as i had prior experience in the industry. Questions were expected and industry standard. The interview process took a long time, as in several months. This was longer than expected, which was a little bit frustrating.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

Relatively informal, ask for you goals and discuss your strengths as well as weaknesses etc. Recently believe they've reformed the interview process. Went into the office on a hot day which is always off putting. There didn't seem to be any particular structure regarding the interview...very informal.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

1 telephonic interview for 1 hour. Meet 5 people in 1 day for around 4 hours. The questions were mainly focusing on skills required for the job. They also asked questions about previous experience, technical background and business knowledge. Business knowledge has some weightage.

Interview Questions

• 50 % technical questions in area of technical skills required.   1 Answer

Assistant Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays in January 2011.

Interview

Just conversational with the Director and an unorganized VP. Director asked me questions on performing business analyst roles. The VP was demonstrating me the MS application that they were going to migrate, and the high level document, which was most basic I have ever seen as a specification, and was gauging interest about the project.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in December 2010.

Interview

I applied for an AVP Programmer position on company's website. I got a phone call about 3 months later.
    It was a technical phone interview. I accurately answered all questions, but I never heard from the interviewer. I tried to contact them, but I never got a response.

Interview Questions

• If you have 5 sets of balls with 5 balls each. In 4 sets each ball weigh 5 grams except from one set where the balls weigh 4 grams. How do I find which set has the balls with 4 grams.?   1 Answer
    • Given a Tic table- I.e a table that records Ticker, price, date/time during a trading day. Write a Query that will give you for each Ticker the final price of the day.   1 Answer
    • Given a binary tree, Find the depth of the node containing the max value.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in September 2009.

Interview

Phone interview to see and talk about past experiences and see the fit with the organization. Then One on one with Team in Jersey city and New York.

Interview Questions

• There are 9 balls one of which is lighter than the others. How would you find the lighter ball in 2 tries   5 Answers

Negotiation

Did not try to negotiate a lot

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Wilmington, DE) in June 2009.

Interview

one telephonic interview with hiring manager followed by onsite - met with 5 people - 4 were managers' peers and one was same level as me.

Interview Questions

• For credit risk, there was case interview which was tough   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary and relocation

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bournemouth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (Bournemouth, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and then it was followed by a telephone interview and then a panel face to face interview which was fairly straightforward. Interviewers were really nice and very down to earth and I enjoyed it throughout

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Wasn't sure about that and it was quite intimidating to be honest and as I was unemployed they had a leverage to take me down on compensation