Barclays Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 25, 2017

3.1

46 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied through my college portal and got a mail from them to select an interview slot. There was going to be only one interview in order to gain an internship. It was a great opportunity. The interview was divided into two halves; one technical and other behavioral. The result was expected in 2 weeks and I did get a call from them to do so. The interviewer was a very least interested person who was not at all paying attention to what I was speaking and was distracted during the entire interview duration.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with Barclays?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

pretty standard - nice people. Two interviews, 1/2 hour each. Two different BA positions were being interviewed for although jobs for two different areas. Each hiring manager, however, appeared to be looking for same skill set with slight tweaks to their specific groups

Interview Questions

• why barclays? Tell me what you have been up to most recently?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

It was through cognizant and went for the first round. Two groups of people interviewed me one after the other. Most of the questions were situation based. They asked me about Agile process, trade life cycle process.

Interview Questions

• How do you tackle a situation where the release is going to be in 2 days, at that point the business users comes up with a requirement that is mandatory and has to be included in that sprint only, and the technology people say we can't add that now?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Recruiter contacts for the interview; half an hour telephone with the VP directly, go over the resume and chat a little bit ; the team is small but the lady would like to know my passion and how can I fit the team.
    results in 2 weeks

Interview Questions

• let me about yourself; how would you fit the position; tell me how to solve the problem with clientsf   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Barclays in November 2014.

Interview

long way to long process.... i was interviewing for a Business analyst position and i was told they are pretty quick at replying back and that sound great ...

So First and only in person round of interview , i went in and i was told i was being interviews for a new team leas by some Manager named as Sonya ....

Some good questions were asked i.e. explain how you will benefit the company and what are the best skills that you can bring to the table ? and etc...

So once done with the interview i had a great vibe, because i was told we are looking forward to see you working with us and i was even asked if you were asked for an offer when can you start ??

Its been a week and there is no answer not even yes or no .. just no feedback at all from the hiring manager ... how can such a big company can't reply you back with a feedback ??

Worst company ever seriously....

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

The entire process takes months. HR tells you they'll call you in 2 weeks and then calls you a month later saying they'll call you in 2 more weeks. Interviews are more based on personality than testing knowledge. This is because the firm has a "frat bro" culture.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. The interviewers are more concerned with whether or not you'll work 12 months before realizing how much the place sucks and move on.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

An interview time is set up by email to interview with hiring manager on phone. Basis questions around the job description and how the candidate fits into the role

Interview Questions

• Asset Management questions and Data warehousing questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays (Long Island City, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

online assessment+phone interview with hiring manager+short interview with HR+On site interview with 6 people with an paper-based assessment test on SAS

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

The process took about 3 months. 1 phone interviews with stakeholder for about 30 mins. After 2 weeks, 1 phone interview with direct manager for 30 mins. After 3 weeks, 3 in person interview with Senior Manager. After 2 weeks, final interview with 2 more Senior Managers

Interview Questions

• Nothing in particular. Just ask the regular work related things   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not even have to negotiate as the offer was at the high end of my range.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

brief and to the point. i applied online and got a call from HR who did initial phone screen. They were professional and courteous but sounded like they had a lot of people to reach out to and call that day.