Barclays Community Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barclays Community Banker Interview Questions

Interviews at Barclays

3.1

Community Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Interview

Online application - was very simple.
Online assessments - first two parts were easy (most/least effective and true/false based on scenarios), but maths part was very challenging especially with the time limit.
Interview - was 2 on 1. They give the competencies before the interview, so as long as you prepare you will be fine. You must give examples from past experiences for pretty much every question they ask you. Must follow the STAR format.
Outcome - thought the interview went very well and got offered the job. After this there is a pre-employment screening process, which you must also pass.

Thought the whole process was very organised, however did take longer than I wanted it to.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied through their careers website, attached cv and cover letter. And then did the online assessments which were fairly easy. And then got an email saying I had to book an appointment for an interview!

Interview Questions

• Control environment: When have you followed clear guidelines to solve an issue?   2 Answers
    • Technical skills: how do you keep up with the digital trends?   1 Answer
    • Interpersonal skills: how have you collaborated in a team?   1 Answer

Community Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

After passing the online tests I was emailed to book myself in for an interview which I thought was a great way of doing things. I was booked in for around 10 days later. I was emailed and told the three competencys which I would be tested on - technology, interpersonal skills and control. I was interviewed by the branch manager and another lady who was writing down what I was saying. They were very friendly and would ask probing questions in order to receive more in depth answers. I did a tonne of research on Barclays and their values and policies but wasn't asked about any of it which I thought was a shame - I could have shined a lot more if given the opportunity. I was told I would hear back in 7 working days. It's been around 5 working days so still waiting to hear back!

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time when you've provided exceptional customer service?
      Can you tell me about a time when you've had to convince someone of your point of view?
      Can you tell me about a time when you've had to convince someone to use a certain piece of technology?   Answer Question

Community Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gloucester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Gloucester, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Online assessment. One face to face interview. Very easy and informative process. Kept up to date at all times. Interview was very pleasant, lovely manager who made me feel very at ease, non formal. Competency based questions. Used the STAR system to respond. Felt it went well, no other questions were asked about why I wanted the position etc, just all based on competencies, no chance to sell my skills other than by asking leading questions. Was offered job, but had already accepted another by the time they called to say I was successful.

Interview Questions

• Competency based questions - competencies notified in advance. "can you give me an example of a time when....." was the basis of most of these. I cant remember exact questions to be honest, there were 5 in total. Whole process would have lasted less approx. 30 mins, but due to my questions, was almost double that.   Answer Question

I would have accepted the job had I not been offered another the day before I was called to say I was successful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online then complete two online assessments. After passing those I was invited for a face to face (no telephone interview was conducted). A lady interviewed me and a gentleman wrote down my responses, I think they were both branch managers. All the questions they asked you have to give specific examples so if you have never experienced some of the things they are asking you about them your doom or you'll just have to make up a story. Since stories are all they seemed to be interested in.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you identified risk in the organization. Then follow up questions such as:
      - how did you identify it as a risk
      -what could it have affected the organization
      -what steps did you take to minimize the risk etc   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

I have applied online, first with online application form, after you submit the application, they asked me to take online test just after the application.

After three or four working days, I received the email said I have passed the online test, and asked me select interview time slot. I have choose the interview which is 2 weeks after I received email, as that is the only date I can choose, but you can choose different time on that date.

During the interview, they have asked question based on the Candidate Competency Guide, which sent to me when I have booked interview appointment. And in each section, they asked me sub-question as well, as i think they want to make sure all the detail is captured.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

After submitting online application, I was invited for online test. That took less than an hour and was not that difficult. I was then invited for a face to face interview. There were two bank officials interviewing. One of them was filling up the required forms and the other one was asking questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you have followed specific guidelines in your workplace to address an issue?
      Tell me about a time when you have improved your personal skills at a workplace?
      Tell me about a time when you have helped a customer more than their expectations?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email straight after filling the application to complete an online test. A week later, I received an email from HR asking if I was still interested in this role which I was.

I had the interview the following week. I was nervous and unfortunately, it showed.

I was interviewed by two people, one was more senior than the other. They asked me a question from each competancy level and would ask more questions when they wanted more detail.

At the end of the interview, they asked if I had any questions and I did so I asked. It would be good for you to have a question about the role in my opinion.

Later on that day, I received a call that they would place me in the Talent Pool and that they woild contact me when a vacancy becomes available. Unfortunately, I'm not confident that I did as well as I thought in my interview. The position is still being advertised so they may be better candidates out there but I'm still hoping.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe a time when you had to follow a set of guidelines or policies.
      2. Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer or colleague. What did you learn from this experience and how would you use this experience for next time?
      3. Why do you want to work for Barclays?   Answer Question

Community Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays (Manchester, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

there was an online application form (general information, education history, work history), online assessments (scenario questions, maths test and verbal reasoning test), face to face interview (with 2 managers, they gave me the topics which would be asked about the day before by email )

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

It was one to one face to face interview which lasted for an hour and was all related to past experiences in customer facing role involving competency based questions.

Interview went well and I am still waiting for a positive response which takes 3-5 days.