Barclays Credit Risk Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barclays Credit Risk Analyst Interview Questions

3.2

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by two managers. My confirmation email said it would take one hour, but it actually took two. It was a good interview and the managers really made me feel comfortable doing the process. I thought i interviewed well but I guess not since I did not get the job.

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barclays (Wilmington, DE) in February 2014.

Interview

I got the interview through a referral so it was just one single interview. Process was relatively quick as far getting scheduled and time frame. Met with a hiring manager and member of HR.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions. One question related to the position was a role play regarding a credit application. I had to make a decision to either approve, decline or call inquire based on the information provided.   Answer Question

Less competitive salary, undesirable working hours.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Had one interview in NYC. 60 mins total split up with two people. Both very nice and personal. Asked a lot about resume and behavioral. Got a little technical with options, fixed income and assessing a credit risk profile of a firm but nothing crazy. In the end they were very nice and seems like a good group to work with.

Interview Questions

• Would an option react more when it is deep in the money, deep out of the money, or at the money?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Phone call with the terms and i accepted

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Barclays (Mumbai (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

I had applied through college campus placements. There was an aptitude test with finance section also followed by 2 interviews - technical and HR. The technical interview went up for 30 mins or so. The interviewers grilled a lot about every financial subject ranging from corporate finance, derivatives, payoff diagrams for option strategies, types of risks and how to mitigate them, sub prime crisis and general HR questions like what do you know about barclays, why do you want to join us, any current news about barclays etc. Overall it was a stress interview wherein then in-depth knowledge was being checked.

Interview Questions

• Payoff diagrams for straddle and strangle. Credit Default Swap, Interest Rate swap   Answer Question

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online, had an online numerical test followed by a telephone interview. Walked through my CV, asked about college assignments related to credit risk and any knowledge I had about credit risk. Called for an assessment centre then 3 competence and technical interviews, a values interview and a case study which was mental math based. Good experience, expecting to hear back this week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed and how did you rectify it?   Answer Question

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Interview

better to accumulate some experiences first, then apply for risk position.
    there maybe some technical questions for u

Interview Questions

• if u were given a trading sheet, what should you look at?   Answer Question

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

I got to the telephone interview stage. It consisted of questions about my university courses (what modules did you enjoy the most and why?), my extra curricular activities (describe what you did as a member of this committee..), competency questions (tell us about a time where you had to solve an unexpected problem, tell us about a time where you had to take on the role of a leader..) and finally questions about the company (describe the developments in our company over the last two years etc)

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to take a risk, how did you evaluate it and what was the result?   Answer Question

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays in February 2012.

Interview

Interviewers accommodating, focus on basic fixed income question and behavioral

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays in January 2012.

Interview

Only one round of interviews at their NY office. Two interviewers, 30 minutes each followed by a lunch. Mostly behavioral but a few very basic technical about financial statements, bonds, and the time value of money. Very nice people. Talk them through your thought process when answering technical questions. Know your resume very well.

Interview Questions

• Which financial statement is most useful for assessing risk?   1 Answer

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays in January 2011.

Interview

The phone interviewer from HR department was very nice. All behavioral questions and lasted about 20 minutes. The accessment centre lasted for a half day, which consists of 1 to 1 interviews, case study and a group discussion of prioritzing things. The culture there is friendly. The feedback from the AC is helpful.

Interview Questions

• What's your other interested areas besides financial industry?   Answer Question