Barclays Finance Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barclays Finance Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Dec 15, 2016

3.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

I initially found out about the company because of an information session I signed up for at my college. I applied for their 3-day boot camp. Even though the interview was on the final day, you know they are interviewing you the whole time. The first day was more of an initial meet and greet with students, HR, and management. You talk about how to improve your resume, doing an elevator pitch and then we met for drinks and appetizers. The second day there were a lot of presentations from interns, senior management, and analysts. We discussed to roles of operations and finance and what students would do during their internship. In addition to that we had a case study to present which was a little nerve racking and fun at the same time. The day of the interview I was nervous but I tried my hardest to keep my composure. In the end I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• What steps could Company X have take in order to ensure risk management compliance is followed?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays

Anonymous Employee in Rutgers, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Rutgers, NJ) in February 2010.

Interview

Applied through my college career site. The process was very quick and seamless. It was only one round where I interviewed with two Vice Presidents. A couple of weeks later, I received an offer to become a Summer Analyst and then was extended a Full Time Offer after the program was over. Great program where they promote learning.

Interview Questions

• Mainly Behavioral questions and very personality fit questions. Only one question about Present Value, where they just want to know if you know what NPV is.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

I had a series of two interviews. The first interview was with a VP which was 1 on 1. He was on his blackberry half of the time, but seemed to like me since I got a second round. No technical questions but asked about previous internship experience and went into detail with that.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for Barclay's Capital?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating. The offer was on the table and a very handsome one I may add. Again, this is an internship offer, not a job, so no negotiating going on here.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

The first step in the process was being taken out to dinner for drinks and dinner the night before the interview. This occurred after being selected for an interview after the application process. There were 4 reps from barclays and the interviews were in a 2 on 1 format split up into 2 separate groups. The interview consisted of some mathematical brain teasers and questions about relevant experience.

Interview Questions

• If you invested $100 right now and earned 10% returns in your first year and then lost 10% in year 2, how much money would you have at the end of year 2?   2 Answers

Didn't like the position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in October 2009.

Interview

The interview was through on campus recruiting. 2 members of management in the department interviewed me focusing on how I fit into the position. It was fairly casual; they asked questions about my knowledge of general finance and some situational problem solving.

Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

very hard and elongated. Had to watch a video which has a very tenuous link to question, could have been quicker if just typed the question out instead of putting it in a role play video. The maths was very difficult as located the information needed to work out the sums was spread across multiple graphs. Also one graph did not have enough information to make sense of the numbers

Interview Questions

• what do you think is the most important aspect of Barclays bank   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gandhinagar, Gujarat (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Barclays (Gandhinagar, Gujarat (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

The application, interview and assessment process for Barclays is as follows:
    Online application
    SHL Numerical testing
    SHL Verbal Reasoning Testing
    Telephone Interview
    Assessment Centre
    Applied through university, get on-campus interview in approximately 1 week. General behavioral questions like why Barclays, why position and introduce yourself. Th experience is pretty good, and the interviewers are very nice,

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Barclays (Chennai (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

first round was technical round by 2 young person of about 30 minutes and after 4 days got call for 2nd round of telephonic interview of approx 30 minutes on my phone, at the end of call they told me if I get selected then they will call for HR round but did't get any call further.

Interview Questions

• How will you analyse the credit worthiness of any client.
      What is difference between Term loan & Project loan.
      Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

Standard application The Online Application Form, Online Numerical Reasoning Test, Part 2 of the Online Application Form (for those who meet or exceed the minimum numerical reasoning requirement) Then a telephone interview then assessment center

Interview Questions

• How would you manage a team? (This is hard as there is no context at all)   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays (Pune (India)).

Interview

2-3 rounds of face to face interview.

Interview Questions

Got selected last year for Finance position after 3 rounds by senior mgmt. Supplied salary details too. Later was informed that they could offer Job on contract for 3 -6 month initally. It was a permanent position but they later changed it for reasons best known to them.I tried to reason with them with all humiltity. afterall,You cant make a U turn after having called a candidate from different city twice.I bore the travelling expenses on my own too.The HR just shut off completely.No response to calls or emails.
    This was absolutely bizzare way of dealing with a candidate.No basic courtesy.
    Hindsight, I feel good I didnt get into this company.
    Would recommend the same to all people who are considering going or joining Barclays Technology center Pune.